Glitterwolf

Lost World Project Glitterwolf Paints Coldblooded Creatures and Conquistadores

With Xolotl done we need more recruits.

77154: Lizardman Spearman

Donated by @Paradoxical Mouse during a Candy exchange.

I put it on a resin base, some putty to fill in after removing the broccoli base.

Then Reaper Red liner, Green liner and Brown liner.

DSCN9532.JPG

DSCN9533.JPG

DSCN9534.JPG

DSCN9535.JPG

• Like 14

And since the temperature is now again too hot to paint, another chapter in my story.

Aye Aye Captain.

Upon seeing the arrival of the other ships Gonzales had a barge lowered and he and Toni accompanied by a few of his men rowed to the Flying Kraken.

He deliberately passed the Barracuda and visited the Flying Kraken first.

James Alday saw them coming, by now he had ensured the loyalty of most of the crew on board, Old Nedd had convinced them that if they wanted to get rich they would be better off following James.

Old Nedd joined them in the Captain's cabin.

Gonzales and James shook hands, we don't have much time, Gonzales said.

He quickly informed James of the situation and of his plans.

James agreed, now all we need is to make sure we command the whole fleet, he said.

The Jan Jose is under command of Cerdo and the Barracuda is led by Lt. Cordoba.

Whoever commands the Man' O War will lead the fleet!

Signal to the Barracuda and the Jan Jose that we invite the Captains for a meeting and rum, Old Nedd said.

And so it was done.

Cerdo didn't think much of it and he rowed to the Flying Kraken always in for a drink.

Lt. Cordoba felt a bit crancky, how dared this Buccaneer pass him by and visit the Kraken first?

He would teach him to show some respect!

Together with two sailors he rowed to the Flying Kraken as well, fully intented to let them know who was in charge here!

Toni and Old Nedd welcomed them all aboard.

The sailors were separated from the Captains by luring them to the men's quarters for some rum, while the Captains were invited to James' cabin.

There Gonzales and James waited for them.

When Cerdo and Cordoba entered a group of sailors stepped into the cabin as well and both men found themselves at gunpoint.

What is the meaning of this? Lt. Cordoba yelled.

Cerdo raised his hands in the air knowing well that they stood no chance.

We're taking over the fleet my dear Lieutenant, Gonzales smiled.

Lt. Cordoba turned red form anger and drew his sword, but before he could finish that move, the sailor behind him shot him through the head.

His body fell on the cabin floor, James stepped back to avoid his shoes being soiled by the poor Lieutenant's brains.

Cerdo had turned pale and trembled, Don't shoot! Don't shoot! I will do everything you want!

Good! James said, sit down at the table and we'll talk.

He turned to the sailors and pointed at Cordoba's body, clean that up will you?

The men dragged the body out of the cabin and without much ceremony the Lieutenant was thrown overboard.

Gonzales poured a pitcher of rum and gave it to Cerdo.

You and the crews of those ships have a choice, he said.

Either the Flying Kraken and the Swordfish will open fire or you will join us!

Nobody will expect a volley from our guns, so your men are sitting ducks right now.

Let me add, that if you join us you will get rich!

If you don't, well...less to share,...think about it!

Cerdo hesitated, but the Colonel and the Inquisitor...Gonzales raised his hand to silence Cerdo.

Let me explain the situation to you!

He told Cerdo that the army was still besieging the citadel and how they would wait for them here.

James looked Cerdo in his eyes, do you really think that the Colonel and the Admiral would share with common men like you?

You might get lucky if you got a few gold pieces to keep you quiet!

With us you will get a fair share!

Old Nedd and Toni entered the cabin.

The sailors are on our side Captain, Old Nedd said.

They saw it our way pretty quick when they saw the Lieutenant being thrown into the sea.

Cerdo nodded, so if we join you, we will be rich.

But how are we going to convince the men?

Some crewmembers might follow you, but these are loyal sailors!

James laughed.

If that was true then no pirate ship would have a crew!

Old Nedd and me will talk to your men, I'm pretty sure we can convince them that it is way more profitable to sail under the black than to stay in the Navy!

Before the day is over we will be one big happy pirate fleet!

Mark my words.

The question is, will you be a Captain or a dead body?

Cerdo gulped down the rum, whiped his mouth and stood up.

He extended his hand to James, I'm your Captain!

Fine! James laughed.

So, I will lead the Flying Kraken, Gonzales the Swordfish, Toni the Mule, you Cerdo the Jan Jose, but who will be Captain of the Barracuda?

Gonzales stood up, No!

I will be Captain of the Man'O War!

Since I'm leader of this expedition now!

Anyone who disagrees?

James thought about it.

I'm fine with that, he said, but then the Swordfish will be without a Captain!
Who will take command?

Gonzales looked at Old Nedd, how about you?

Old Nedd was surprised, me? A Captain?

Aye Aye Captain, Little Nedd squeaked.

They all laughed.

It is settled then! Gonzales said.

Let's drink to our new pirate fleet!

• Like 9

Vallejo, Heavy Red, Heavy Violet and Heavy Charcoal.

DSCN9537.JPG

DSCN9538.JPG

• Like 10

On 7/29/2018 at 12:19 PM, LarsM said:

The comming of chaos..! 

You rang?

Good stuff, GlitterWolf!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You rang?

Good stuff, GlitterWolf!

Thank you!

Loads and loads of reptilians are waiting for paint.

Conquistadores are being shipped and will arrive soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

They make orange putty? O_o

That's plasteline.

It takes a long time to harden.

Normally I mix that with milliput or GS and use that for making bases with the rollerpins.

That keeps the costs down since plasteline is cheap.

This time I got a little lazy and used it on it's own.

Took over 24 hour to dry.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

Some more story since I'm bored at work.

Dire News

Tomas de Torquemada had confessed to Father Diaz.

He had asked if his soul was in peril now that he had forged an alliance with the strange creatures in Fillippa's army.

Father Diaz had pointed out that it was a means to an end, and that as long as Tomas knew they would destroy the abominations after defeating the greater evil, it would be alright.

Relieved Tomas walked back to Fillippa.

Maybe he could save his soul by persuading him to come home with them, he thought.

In the meanwhile Colonel Alvarez sat in his commander's tent and discussed matters with Inquisitor Escolano.

Here it is, he said, Tomas has made sure that the rebel army is helping us by sealing off the other side of the city.

Their leader is a conquistadore, a survivor of a former expedition.

He has accused Captain Gonzales of marooning him and his men, and even of murdering some of them!

This means treason!

This conquistadore is a Sergeant called Fillippa, he demands that we deliver Gonzales into his hands so he can get his revenge.

In exchange he offers an alliance.

Escolano was outraged, if this is true than Gonzales should be hanged!

Alvarez agreed, I never trusted that Buccaneer anyway!

But now this! He shouted and slammed his hand on the table, a small note under his hand.

What's this? Escolano asked.

A note from Gonzales, a pigeon brought it!

Read it! Alvarez grumbled.

Escolano picked up the note and started reading.

After he was done reading it, he put it down and his face had turned red.

So! Gonzales tells us the reptilian guide attacked them and they had to kill him!

He claims to be ambushed by reptilians, and that he and his men had to flee back to the ships where they will wait for us to return with the gold?

Alvarez nodded, this does not bode well!

Now we have heard of what he did to the former expedition, what will stop him from sailing away and leaving us to rot here?

Escolano thought about it.

No! He won't!

How can you be so sure of that? Alvarez asked.

The Inquisitor leaned forward and said, because we're close to returning with the gold of the Citadel.

He knows that and he wants that!

It is far more likely that he will try to rob us of the gold when we return, he will not leave before he gets it!

He thinks we will not suspect him to double cross him, he doesn't know we've met Sgt. Fillippa!

What's more, Alavarez said, we had a deal with the reptilians. It is because of Gonzales that they attacked us!

I wondered why they should break our agreement!

Maybe we should try to renegotiate?

Escolano shook his head, too late for that!

They will never trust us again!

Alvarez thought about it.

I guess so, he said.

Now what to do? Will we first conquer the Citadel?

Besieging her could take months, maybe even a year. What if the Buccaneer gets fed up with waiting and decides to leave and come back with new men?

We would be stuck here!

But what then? Escolano asked.

Alvarez shrugged, I fear we will have to turn back, recapture the ships!

By now the other ships will have reached their destination, Gonzales will probably have fed Lt. Cordoba the same lies.

If we return in full force and get a message to the other ships we will be able to quickly deal with that pirate!

Then we will secure the ships, make sure we can get home with the gold.

We might have to set up camp in the city we conquered before, Uxmal the Frogking called it, I believe.

Then we should launch another attack on the Citadel.

We must send for Tomas to return to us.

Escolano looked out of the tent, it was relatively quiet, sometimes the men fired a musket,  sometimes the reptilians threw some spears.

It was a stand off.

But what about the siege?

If we leave now the city will be open!

The reptilians will break out, maybe even pursue us!

Alvarez gave the Inquisitor a faint smile.

Well, the reptilians shouldn't notice we were leaving then, right?

We will leave a thin line of men behind to keep up the charade that we're still here.

In the meanwhile we will ask our allies to attack the other gate, that will keep them busy for a while!

But why would Fillippa risk an attack if he knows we're almost all gone?

Alvarez stood up, he should also think that we're still here then, wouldn't he?

I will send him a message and ask him to attack the gate on his side and I will convince him that we will attack the main gate at the same time.

Tomas will return, we will leave fifty men here with one cannon to make noise and let it appear to the enemy that we're still here.

If that rebel army can keep the reptilians occupied while we deal with Gonzales then we might be able to pull this off!

Escolano smiled, and if the abominations kill each other in the process there will be no souls lost!

The enemy might be weakened from the fight and we can still prevail when we return!

Alvarez nodded, indeed! let's send for Tomas and make arrangements here.

We need fifty good men to cover us.

Gonzales will be in for a surprise!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

One more note on the orange plastilene,

It should be mixed with putty to dry properly!

Scale 75 Tindalos Red

Reaper MSP Breastcancer Pink

DSCN9549.JPG

DSCN9550.JPG

• Like 6

Scale 75 Mojave White

Scale 75 Iroko

Scale 75 Cobalt Blue

Reaper MSP Intense Brown

Reaper MSP Muddy Olive

Reaper MSP Walnut Brown

DSCN9558.JPG

DSCN9559.JPG

DSCN9560.JPG

• Like 7

This an Emperor's new clothes dilemma. To tell you it was great looking or just give it a "like" would not be doing you a service or be the sort of thing a friend would do.

That is a ghastly choice of colors; & you really should do something to straighten the spear. I hope I haven't offended you too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, malefactus said:

This an Emperor's new clothes dilemma. To tell you it was great looking or just give it a "like" would not be doing you a service or be the sort of thing a friend would do.

That is a ghastly choice of colors; & you really should do something to straighten the spear. I hope I haven't offended you too much.

No you didn't always in for honest comments.

The spear is a bit difficult to straighten, I will try, if it doesn't work, he will be in the rear ranks.

Tell me, I'm trying to give him a dark red colour.

Is it the chest?

Should I make that darker or maybe white or yellow?

Please advice, I'm fine with that.

Rather hear about what I need to fix than to show off a disaster.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

No you didn't always in for honest comments.

The spear is a bit difficult to straighten, I will try, if it doesn't work, he will be in the rear ranks.

Tell me, I'm trying to give him a dark red colour.

Is it the chest?

Should I make that darker or maybe white or yellow?

Please advice, I'm fine with that.

Rather hear about what I need to fix than to show off a disaster.

If you want a dark red back. a golden yellow would look good on the belly. Work the yellow up from a true orange...remember I go in for bright colors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

If you want a dark red back. a golden yellow would look good on the belly. Work the yellow up from a true orange...remember I go in for bright colors.

Thank you!

I was struggling with the belly this time, I knew it was offsomehow but couldn't see it for myself.

Orange/Yellow why didn't I think of that?

I might be able to paint some more tomorrow.

Will use Orange and then up to yellow then.

Thank you Al.

I appreciate the advice,

• Like 5