Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here my Mudcroack. Love the mini. Recently we have been playing the Tomb of Annihilation D&D campaign, based on the jungles of Chult, and we found many of these adorable frogmen creatures, Grungs. That motivated me to start working with Mudcroack despite having almost all the new GW goblins waiting.
Well, frogs are usually green, jungles too, and it was all kinda repetitive; so I decided to use as little green as possible.
For the basing I chose a resin scenic base that I adapted, and the "barbed bracken" plants from GW.
Any feedback welcome, and if you want, please follow me on instagram at @albertnyarla
By Painting Miniatures
I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!
Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.
I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.
Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!
Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.
Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.
Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.
Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.
... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
Can't make Deep One hybrids without Deep Ones; that just stands to reason. Got these fishy Bones fellas before the Bones Deep Ones came out. Probably overdid the metallics, and will probably do so again.
77215, Eregris Darkfathom I painted up first; did not notice it's a cultist in a fish suit; thought the face was part of the mouth. I do like the flowing robes and the coral scabbard.
77187, the Tiik Champion, is a delight. Huge and hunched-over, with a Dunkleosteus profile, truly a terrifying beast from an elder era.
77186, the Tiik Warrior, I'm pretty pleased with. 77212, the Baron, I should probably revisit and put some shiny razzamatazz on his fins one of these days.
There's one more fishy friend I need to post, but for reasons probably more aesthetic than biological, she is NSFW and will need to be linked.
Who's Online 17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)