So people have been talking about airbrushing again, and since being on the hangout, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a live tutorial?
I did some research with the help of the First Lady Thing & and the Forum Mascot, and it seems that the noise levels of needed equipment is low enough to not bother my household, or overpower the audio of the hangouts. (I can airbrush inside due to my airbrush station...)
If people were interested, I would try to schedule it for a Friday or Saturday night, around 9pm EST.
I would start with the basics, this is an airbrush, these are the parts of an airbrush.
This is how I mix paint
How I spray the paint
How I control the spray of paint
HOW I CLEAN THE AIRBRUSH

Etc etc etc

I think that people might be less intimidated by airbrushes if they could see something done live, and be able to ask questions. ..

Disclaimer! I am NOT an expert, but would be more than willing to impart my meager knowledge...

Maybe some experts could show us things as well. ..

So chime in if you are interested!

George

Link for class, 7/1/2016:

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ldkk52klardgzouzdquzheyj7ye?hl=en&authuser=0

Class is over for 6/24/2016

Class is over for 7/1/2016
People are still hanging out as of 11pm est.....

***Wondering If anyone would be interested in my reprising this?***
Edited by knarthex
  • Like 4

Depending on the timing I could join in. Frack, I even filmed a series of "Airbrushing for newbies by a newbie" and never got around to editing it  :blush:

• Like 2

Okay, I am going to shoot for Friday night,  24 June 2016, at 9pm EST to get started. This should allow the most folks across different time zones to join up. (2230 for the Newfies & Willen, 6pm for the West Coast folks....)

This is the figure that I decided to use as my example, as he is large enough to show the things that need to be shown, but not so big that he takes over my painting area! (I have also previously done a Type III Demon, starting with an airbrush, and used the airbrush for some more advanced techniques, that I feel he is a good choice. Plus I have him!)

77307_w_1.jpg

77307: Wolf Demon 
Kevin Williams

I plan on doing the assembly and prep work prior to starting, so as not to take up the time with mundane tasks....

So please come have a look if you are interested!

George

• Like 1

I'd be up for this...  I would not consider myself a newbie but I'm not much beyond that.  Beside I pretty much learn from every class or demo I have taken.

• Like 1

Hopefully I will be able to show you all the beginnings.....

***Does this count as enabling????***

:blink: 

Hopefully I will be able to show you all the beginnings.....

***Does this count as enabling????***

Yes

Yes it does!

that's 22:00 for us on  Atlantic Std time   and I suspect Willen ,while any Newfie is 22:30

Edited by robinh

Dunno why you guys assume I am half an hour off, we respect "real" timezones in Argentina :P

I am GMT -3 so 9pm EST is 10pm. Quite a good time, actually, I should be about to be done with dinner by then.

Cool, I am going to have to figure out how to start a hangout for this....

Dunno why you guys assume I am half an hour off, we respect "real" timezones in Argentina :P

I am GMT -3 so 9pm EST is 10pm. Quite a good time, actually, I should be about to be done with dinner by then.

I thought I asked what time it was for you last time I saw you on hangouts....

***Maybe I confused you with Buglips.....***

Cool, I am going to have to figure out how to start a hangout for this....

I thought I asked what time it was for you last time I saw you on hangouts....

***Maybe I confused you with Buglips.....***

Should I feel flattered or worried about that?  :blush:

• Like 2