Yes yes! I missed this one. I googled what an airbrush looks like and wow, is it nothing like I imagined.... :lol: I'm also now wondering how small people can airbrush....*

*bahaha. Not how small people can airbrush. But like.... some examples of how tiny some details can be done...

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 1

I'll have to get in on one or pick your mind after the new home is built and I can save a bit up for it. I plan on getting one (probably a Grex).

I'll have to get in on one or pick your mind after the new home is built and I can save a bit up for it. I plan on getting one (probably a Grex).

No problem!

Do you plan on an air compressor for your shop?

if so, you might want to consider running a line to the hobby room near where you will be painting... will save you on an air compressor down the road....

• Like 3

No problem!

Do you plan on an air compressor for your shop?

if so, you might want to consider running a line to the hobby room near where you will be painting... will save you on an air compressor down the road....

I am undecided on the air compressor for the shop, trying to decide actually if I want to get one for in there and then do all my air-brushing in the wood shop rather than the hobby room. I don't ever plan on doing much more than priming and base coating with the airbrush, but I want to be able to lay down very nice looking primer and paint so that I can pick out the details with my regular brushes. 

crap - totally missed this!!!!  was it really last night?  /cry

will you do another one?  did it get vidoed by chance?

• Like 1

I am undecided on the air compressor for the shop, trying to decide actually if I want to get one for in there and then do all my air-brushing in the wood shop rather than the hobby room. I don't ever plan on doing much more than priming and base coating with the airbrush, but I want to be able to lay down very nice looking primer and paint so that I can pick out the details with my regular brushes. 

Remember when all you wanted to do was to slap some paint basecoat on minis and play D&D with them?  :devil:

I have no doubt you will soon find a lot of things to do, and master, with the airbrush. Just get started with it. And an air compressor is great for a woodshop, even if it's only to blast scraps off the table.

• Like 2

crap - totally missed this!!!!  was it really last night?  /cry

will you do another one?  did it get vidoed by chance?

Yes, It was last night....

I have no clue how to record one of these things, and as it went for 2 hours, it might be a tad long!

Will likely do another if enough people express interest, and will likely do more work on the mini I started.

George

• Like 2

OKAY...

It seems that there was enough interest for me to continue with this, so I will do some cleanup Paint work on the mini this Friday,  1July19, at 2100 hrs EST.

Will cover some masking tips that I started last time and continue painting. I will try to have all my paints pre mixed to save time on that part....

Not sure what other colors to work with yet, but....

I will use the link found in the first post in this thread.

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

It was pretty useful just to see it in action and hear the running commentary. I was mostly watching the olympic trials with my fiancee, who thought I was even weirder than normal for having an earbud in listening to you while also watching and talking about the trials.

That's also why I forgot to use my Cash login :)

• Like 1

Also, it was nice when Willen could step in while you were cleaning between sprays and have some info. You guys made a good team!

I think cleaning seems like the biggest barrier to getting into this. I've done a little primer and some zenithal white over black primer, but just when you get in a groove you get taken back out by cleaning the brush.

• Like 3

Can you record it possibly? I don't think I'll be making that one

Don't know how to record it.....

No digital camcorder, not sure if hangouts can do it.....

Someone (Aryanun?) mentioned something that I wrote down, and then tossed the paper....

• Like 1