Saturday nights work for me as well.    10pm Atlantic mind you, so if I might start snoring:rolleyes:

I would be interested in watching at least, even though I'm still  in the hypothetical phase (and the basement and garage are still way too cold to try my luck when I do get everything purchased)..

Seems the Badger airbrushes are starting to arrive....

Are there folks out there still interested?????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      An Australian documentary about the Bristol Beaufighter serving in the South West Pacific during WWII...
      Interesting for an American to see something like this, as most documentaries I see are either American, or British....
    • By knarthex
      Hey folks looking for some advice on a project I am hoping to accomplish for Reapercon '18...
      It won't let me quote in the 1st post, so the next will have the links...
      WIP here
    • By knarthex
      Back when I first joined the forums, I found a thread about a certain Goblin painting a limited edition Ral Partha figure that I happened to own, but had been sitting in a box for 15-20 years due to the 'I'm not good enough' syndrome....
      Well I decided that I Was Good Enough and set to work, as chronicled by this
      so as at the time of being a noob arround here, I was very encouraged by the multiple responses that I got....
      such as:
    • By knarthex
      The painting funk has lasted for 4 months, and I need to get my cranium out of my anal orifice and start painting again....
      Posted Thursday at 09:46 PM So....
      While on the hangouts with some folks that play 40K, we have been talking about stuff, and I went to look for a figure that I knew I had, and didn't want, that @Chaoswolf thought was cool, and found the following:

Now this is the basis for my mechanical Obliterators that I painted way back in 2003? and brought to Reapercon last year

where they got a silver medal in the open category
      Speaking with one of the judges afterwards (@dks) we discussed them, and the painting dragged them down, as I said old paintjob...
      Well, with my painting funk in its 4th month, I was thinking that maybe, I could re do a new one from scratch, and with all the sculpting things I have learned, as well as painting techniques, I might be able to do better...
      Now Reaper forbids entering the same piece twice, but this would be a reprisal of something I did years ago....
      Would this be legal as a new entry?
      @Heisler care to comment?
      @Heisler's response
      As long as the entry is an entirely new piece and not one of those three then it would be a perfectly legal entry.
      My response...
      thanks @Heisler
      really hoping this will kick out the brain weasel painting funk!
      For some reason, I couldn't cross quote so....
      It's gonna be ugly for a while....
      the raw components:

lots and lots of surface grinding with the Dremel tool, and sore fingers.....
      But hopefully, I've learne a bit about painting and sculpting since I did those guys, and this time, there will be only one....
    • By knarthex
      My daughter is participating in the HS Production of 'The Wizard of Oz' musical, and parents have been asked to help in any way they can, so I thought that maybe I could help by making the halberd heads from blue foam for the witch's guards....
      so I just looked up pics of these guys to see what would be involved, and found this cool scratch built figure of one of the guards...
      Wizard of Oz “Winkie Guard” by Greg Mowry
      Posted on May 16, 2012 By Greg Mowry
      The Wicked Witch of the West’s bodyguard was recruited from the vicious war-like population of the western counties of Oz. The term “Winkie” was used by Frank Baum in the original “Oz” books.
      I made this 1/4 scale (18″ tall) statue after having the opportunity to study one of the two known existing Winkie costumes from the original movie.
      The body is sculpted from resin and “magic-sculpt” epoxy putty. The costume is made from hand painted wool felt like the original. The sleeves of the coat are crocheted wool like a cable-knit fisherman’s sweater, again like the original. The headdress, originally surplus cold stream guards’ bearskin bonnets, is made here in miniature from fine beaver fur.
      I made the spear point pattern by tracing the spear directly off the T.V. screen from a freeze frame from the DVD. I reduced it to proper 1/4 scale and fabricated it from 3 layers of styrene laminated together and finished with allclad chrome paint.
      How in the Lords of Lead's name can you make those things with foam??????
      Maybe they would take regular halberd heads?????
      Just thought I would share....
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)