TheOldGuard

ME1 - Frodo, Citadel 1980's Vintage LOTR

20 hours ago, robsontpm said:

That's a miniature with a soul! Brilliant!

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, edz16 said:

well done!  please, explain this "flockbox" contraption...

Thank you!

The flockbox is a little powered box which makes it possible to create more realistic grass effects using flock. The box generates a static charge which makes the individual strands of flock magically  fly through the air from the box & land upright on a glued surface (such as a mini's base, terrain or on some parchment paper (if you are creating grass tufts)) giving a much more realistic look.

If you do a Youtube search for "flockbox" you find a few videos which show what it can do.

Hope this helps! ::):

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      I painted Stonehaven’s Halfling Berserker to use as my gnome barbarian D&D character. It was a fairly quick paint job for me, only a few hours. I had finished everything but the metallics a few months ago and kept forgetting to finish her up. 

• By EvilJames
      Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.

This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.
      Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
    • By Darcstaar
      Here's another post.
      Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years.  He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
      Life got in the way.  I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.

He sat and sat at the basecoat stage.  I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
      I am not too happy with it.  It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:

I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
      But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
      Here are some more shots of him.

I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:

He's got a very intense stare.
      The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
      The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
      If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife.  I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows.  I gave up on that ;)
      Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.

C&C Welcome.
    • By Rob Dean
      Following the muse today, I set aside my vintage Minifigs orcs for these two Adina hill giants. 

I’ve had one of the rock throwers for many years, although I didn’t know what it was for a long time, but recently managed to pull this pair off of eBay. 

I started with the club-wielder:

There isn’t a lot to them, so both are now waiting while base treatments dry.

I should have them varnished by tomorrow. 

I’ll put Sir Forescale in the next picture. Even for 1978 these weren’t the tallest giants around...

• By Rob Dean
      Finally varnished these guys today...as noted last weekend, they amount to a packet of Broadsword P11 and P12 each, and were acquired in a couple of different eBay purchases. 

Since they had some fun and interesting figures back in the day (~1980) and I didn’t have any of them, I conclude that none of my local hobby shops carried the line.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)