Sign in to follow this  
sirgourls

Gourls Paints Low Level Encounters

Painted up some mooks for tabletop use. It's been awhile since I painted anything this size. I did Ebonwrath recently, but painting a dragon is a little different than smaller minis. Who knew? Anyway, these guys helped me get some practice and back into the swing of things.

post-13920-0-58858500-1466363233_thumb.jpg

post-13920-0-36883300-1466363262_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cakira21
      I've finally gotten around to taking some photos, so I figured I'd share. A little info on the minis first though. All the bases are made with broken up cork board that was picked up from our local hobby shop. Then dusted with some sand and painted, then flocked. These little guys were clear coated pretty heavily for table use. Sorry about the quality of the photos. It's the best I could achieve with a cell phone. They aren't nearly as glossy in person, and their skin is quite a bit more olive colored in person also. Anyways, here are the item numbers from reaper if anyone wants to hunt them down for themselves:

03400, Orc Spearman and Swordsman
      03405, Black Orc Hero
      03429, Black Orc Archer (X's 2)
      03489, Black Orc Warriors

• By Sophie was taken
      This was a trio of orcs I recently acquired for cheap and liberated from 20+ years in blister packurgatory. They are from Grendel’s “Leviathan” line, and the sculptor is unfortunately not credited. These are some seriously hefty minis, slightly larger than (but still to scale with) Reaper’s Orc Berserker, et al. 

Mostly I wanted to try out my new basing stamps and these guys made a good excuse for that. I also wanted to experiment with orcish skin tones. The remainder of the figures I wanted to make less “nice” and more “uniform”, so most of the details were simply basecoated, hit with some GW Nuln Oil, and occasionally highlighted. First up, the spear carrier:

For the skin, I used a base of MSP Brilliant Green. This is, in my opinion, a poor choice for orc flesh. Great for a tree frog though, probably. 

For all three, the square leather armors are Leather Brown, and the fur fringes/hats a mix of Desert Sans and Mountain Stone (to match the orc from the LTPK). Cloth areas are Templar Blue, marking them as the Blue Team, I guess.

Next up, the...standard bearer?

Very similar in attire, with the addition of a big fuzzy cloak done with Intense Brown. I actually attempted to do some layering, but big and fuzzy isn’t the most conducive surface to work on. His skin is a 1:1 mix of Naga Green and Tanned Skin, and I think it came out quite nice. I really loved his expressive face and big tongue. 

Finally, the swordsorc:

By this point I had ceased caring about quality (aside from skin) and my brush control was fading rapidly. Came out good enough in the end, though I wish I’d done his vest in a different color. Despite looking a bit greenish (to my eyes) in the pics, his skin is a 2:1 mix of Palomino Gold and Tanned Skin. I like it, it’s sufficiently “non-human” and a nice change of pace.

Comments and critiques welcome, leave them below. Additionally, if anyone can identify who sculpted these it would be much appreciated. The molds are currently owned by Scotia Grendel, but they don’t list the sculptor either.
    • By KruleBear
      I was using this to try a different skin color which I like and I believe I was going to do a bit more detailed TMM but got side tracked. After several months of no work on him, I decided to get him "done" to tabletop level. Here are some shaky iPad photos. C&C welcome. 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Reach can come in handy...

Click,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)