Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Draco the Barbarian - "Birthright"

Looks amazing! Skin tone is perfect, the chest hair looks real. Overall effect is very realistic.

Thanks!! ::D:

• Like 2

Figure is mind blowing. Great job! The eyes are so piercing!

My only gripe is the plinth.

The finish looks dusty and inconsistent in the photos. It seems to lack the same attention to detail as the mini and takes away from it a little. I can't tell exactly, but it looks like it could use a coat or two of lacquer.

• Like 2

You pulled it off!!!

Draco looks absolutely lifelike, I loved the WIP.

The setting is great, you managed to add the ruin without distracting too much from Draco.

Maybe the plinth could use a little layer indeed.

Bigger minis and busts are awesome aren't they?

• Like 1

Looks Awesome!

However, the grass looks off because there are gaps where it meets the ground.

You can either glue the edges down with white glue, or add some static grass / flock to disguise it. By his right foot, the grass is hanging in the air as well.

And dust off the plinth...

• Like 2

Top notch, great expression and face work--especially the eyes and stubble.  Love the hair on his head and chest too.

I was going to say I liked the rough look of the plinth, how the paint looks aged and worn.  I don't think a coat of sheen would hurt it though.

• Like 2

Thanks for all your likes, comments, and critiques everyone!  ::D:

I will indeed fix that grass that has been pointed out to me whether that means trying to glue it down or adding some larger tufts along some of the areas and trimming back other areas, I will get that fixed.  

The plinth got really dusty while I was working on the base above it and I thought I had got it cleaned off and used tape to try to keep it clean, but dust has a way of setting and getting everywhere and the camera picked it all up! I'll put some sealer or something over it after wiping it off really good and see if that helps.

I also want to add a nameplate to the front of the plinth so I'm open to ideas for a snazzy title if anyone feels like they can help me out with it. 

• Like 1

Boom! Well done sir! Good looking piece!

Thank you!

He turned out really great! He reminds me of Michael Fassbender in 300.

Thanks! Oh? *looks him up in 300* Wow, you are right! I wasn't going for that look, but you are spot on. 

• Like 2