16 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

That's totally what I did! My nice brushes only came out for faces, eyes, fiddly bits of equipment, etc.

Guindy was able to show my a comparison with her size 0 brushes, and it looks comparable. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Sweet, glad to hear.  I've been wanting to try them out, and truth be told, after having used my Series 7 for a while now I rather like how they feel.  I just don't want to use my "expensive good one" for a challenge where speed tends to trump accuracy most of the time.  Ruining a brush that's $6.70 CAD I'm a lot more willing to deal with, if that happens.  It also lets me try out their Eclipse line, since I know at some point I'm going to have to replace these Citadel starter brushes I use for priming.

I'm just... as silly as it sounds... I like the feel that kolinsky sable has to it >.>;;;

13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Before you begin the 7 day challenge, take your sanity out, take a long look at it, and give it a kiss. You won't be seeing it again.  :lol:

That implies I had any left to begin with.  What's that saying, genius has it's boundaries, insanity knows no limits? :devil:

I'm more worried about whether hubby will want to kill me at the end of it or not...  Or if he'll enact our "nope, you're taking a break" rule...  Says he's ok with it now.....  I'm more worried about around day 4, day 5 regions, and how things will go....  Doubly so now that I've looked at the actual size of the mini...  And taken silly shots with dropper bottles, Citadel paint pot, a can of Coca-Cola, and a 20 Oz mason jar....  ....And silly ones involving my camera too.  Because it's that big o_O

• Like 2

There's more scrutiny if it's a 7-day challenge contest, but for regular challenges the rules serve as a standardized guideline so that everyone taking on the personal challenge can be assured they are on the same level.  The intent to adhere to the spirit is the important part, so 1.5 mm would be close enough.  The rule is only to prevent grossly oversized brushes, but there is some flexibility to allow for your own best judgement.  I do, after all, have no way of verifying what brushes you actually use so there's a large measure of good faith that you are exercising due diligence in cleaving as close to the intent as possible.  So a 1.5mm round would be okay, since that's within the tolerance level of manufacturing variance, but a 2mm flat would be oversized (flats tend to be rather more uniform).  If you were unsure about a 1.5mm flat then it would be best to err on the side of caution if you wanted to be strict, but it's not like I'm gonna send goons to your house to break your legs.  Use the rules as a guide to help make sure you know you are completing the challenge in the same conditions as others, so that you personally know your cred is legit, but unless you greatly exceed the specifications then you should be good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks buglips, glad to hear such.  Depending on how this one goes, I might look into some of the others...  Assuming hubby lets me do another once it's all said and done!! ^_^;;;;

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Thanks buglips, glad to hear such.  Depending on how this one goes, I might look into some of the others...  Assuming hubby lets me do another once it's all said and done!! ^_^;;;;

I deliberately timed 3 of mine for when MrBoot would be out of town for most of it to simplify things, plus I didn't want to subject him to my sleep-deprived self any more than necessary. :lol: For Ma'al, though, that wasn't an option, and it worked out okay. I made sure to make and freeze sufficient meals to keep us both from starvation, and took care of bigger chores (dishes, laundry, tidying) beforehand since I knew I'd not have the time or energy to deal with them.

It would help to have a pow-wow with your hubby the day before and make sure both of you are on the same page about expectations. Perhaps explain that you'll be up late each night, but that you'll make sure to take a dinner break of a certain length of time. Knowing what his concerns are beforehand will help you both to make sure to have a plan you're both okay with. Maybe he gets one free hour break per day he can force you to take (though not within the last 12 hours), as an idea. 

I know it seems like a daunting task, but if you come in with a game plan, you'll do fine! Take the time now to figure out and make notes of what general colors you will use in each area, since your brain will be mush by day 4. Do practice runs on similar adventurer minis to map out colors and get a feel for your timing. Have a list of "must get dones" and focus on them first, so that if time runs short, at least you'll have something down. You can always fix it after the Challenge if you want (if you can stand to look at it lol). 

I believe in you! You can do this thing! :bday:

EDIT: Forgot to add, don't be afraid to look at what other Challengers did on theirs. Before I did my Kaladrax, I read buglips' thread like a football coach studying a playbook. :lol: You'll be able to see potential problem areas, discussions of mold line locations, poor adhesion with certain colors, etc. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2