Talae

Pokemon Go

915 posts in this topic

Is anyone else playing this on their mobile? It launched yesterday and I am enjoying it greatly!

4 people like this

Is anyone else playing this on their mobile? It launched yesterday and I am enjoying it greatly!

I've downloaded it but haven't had a chance yet to log in or even launch the app.

Care to give me a quick tutorial?

1 person likes this

Here is a quick video tutorial I just found.

Basically, walk around and try to capture wild Pokemon (with added humor of using the camera....I had an Ekans sitting on the carseat in the car earlier today). You can battle at local gyms and whatnot, but I have yet to get that far yet.

A couple things:

• Don't level up all your Pokemon. Pick a few to focus on.
  • Catch multiples of Pokemon and Transfer them to the Professor for extra bonuses (and to clear out your lower quality duplicates)
  • Keep the ones with higher CP
  • When capturing, it is easiest when the circle is smallest (and green is easiest)
  • Pokestops refresh every 5-10 minutes. Use them for freebies.
  • The Shops have a daily freebie when you click the symbol in the top right corner.
Edited by Talae
4 people like this

I've been trying to play since last night.... Servers have been going crazy with launch and all.

I went through several hours of bad errors on the site yesterday and this morning before I gave up creating an account, though my husband was able to create one for me this morning. I'm not able to authenticate my login, or it just waits forever, and trying to connect via email just crashes the whole app immediately. So I haven't played at all yet. I just want my Arcanine. :down:

2 people like this

My wife and I are both playing. Registration took a few tries thanks to server issues but we're having great fun now. Our favorite local park has 10 or 12 Pokestops in close proximity which is handy!

2 people like this

After work I'll give it a shot. Maybe wander around my neighborhood and see what I can catch.

Is this something I could do in conjunction with my workouts or is it not the kind of think I can do while jogging?

4 people like this

I look forward to this being available in Canada... :down:

1 person likes this

I caught 3 pokemon inside of my apartment......can I use them for slave labour now? Is that how this works? Because I'd really rather not do the dishes. Squirtle looks like it could do the dishes.

17 people like this

Squirtle looks like it could do the dishes.

Don't let Squirtle do the dishes.  It breaks more than it cleans.

7 people like this

One of my friends told me she caught Krabby behind her couch.......I told her she might need antibiotics and if these things are going to keep appearing in my apartment, I'm calling an exterminator.

11 people like this

I have charmander but all the pokemon are out of my internet range. Phone is currently off so I can't just walk to get them...

1 person likes this

There was a giant purple dust bunny on my car. ON MY CAR. Probably laying eggs. It had a friend too, but I think that one ran away after I bludgeoned its friend to death and stuffed its body inside this ball.

11 people like this

I just started playing last night. So far, starting pokemon = Charmander. And caught Rattata, Venonat, Zubat, and Growlithe. Be warned, this app is a battery drainer. 

6 people like this

I wonder what would be in my warehouse at work

I had Abra, Rattata, Meowth, Pidgey, Ekans, Zubat, and something else. I didn't get a chance to go around and find them though.

I'm jealous, my friend has caught 48 pokemon from her bed -__-...

4 people like this