Talae

Pokemon Go

The server issues are driving me crazy. The game crashes frequently. I just used an incense and then had the game crash. When I finally got back in, the incense time had run out and I got no benefit from it.

I am hopeful that they make it possible to trade Pokemon at some point and more avatar options, as well.

• Like 4

I read that the landmarks for the Pokestops are all pulled directly from Ingress.

Yeah, I just side loaded it.  The portal in front of work is a pokestop, and my "parking spot" portal is a gym.

Guess I should watch the video and see what's going on with it.

• Like 1

Can you find the starter pokemon in the wild?

Yes. Refer to my earlier post when I said a squirtle was out of my internet range. 

• Like 3

Poor NoZ. If it makes you feel better until I reactivate my phone account I cannot do anything with pokemon unless they come to me or within a very small range of my house. I can only go maybe 2 houses away before i lose it

• Like 1

The only way to level up or evolve Pokemon is to find more of them. This means that rare Pokemon will be VERY difficult to improve.

As for being tethered to a location, I bet there is a coffee shop or other free WiFi location that is also a PokeStop or Gym. My FLGS is a gym...although, they don't have free WiFi.

• Like 4

I'll keep that in mind when we go out and check places as we travel

Hmm. I'm not a Pokemon fan, and the kids aren't that into it. But I'm curious to see if my upcoming trip to Japan would do anything interesting and different in the game.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I'll keep that in mind when we go out and check places as we travel

Hmm. I'm not a Pokemon fan, and the kids aren't that into it. But I'm curious to see if my upcoming trip to Japan would do anything interesting and different in the game.

Thoughts?

Location is said to make different Pokemon available. I am under the impression that it is more related to type of area than city/country, though. (Ie water types by the lake, and grass types at the park).

• Like 1

I dunno. There's a staryu near me but I'm not near water

I live in Phoenix and have found quite a few fire type. Seems legit to me.

• Like 1

o.O so I'm an idiot, i had location spoofing enabled so it didn't have a smurfing clue where I was really. it's fixed now.

• Like 4