Talae

Pokemon Go

915 posts in this topic

Experience with second generation so far:

1) Quantity of pokemon have increased near pokestops. Not necessarily good pokemon, but more pokemon nonetheless. Hoping one day we can exchange pokemon candy for ones we need. *stares at 1800 pidgey candies* -___-

2) Sponsored pokestops. I'm off an on about these, but it's sometimes nice to sit down in an area where they are heavily populated and just refill pokeballs quickly.

3) Still cannot play while someone else is driving faster than 20 miles.

4) Gyms are harder to train and maintain and Blissey is a powerful defender.

1 person likes this

1800 Pidgey candy is at least 90,000 experience (180,000 if you have Lucky Eggs). I try to grab all the reasonably small Pidgeys I can for that very reason. Now Tauros candies, or Magmar candies, or Murkrow candies, or ....

I'm finding Blisseys are really making gyms less fun. Big Blisseys in a gym mean that you need a team to do enough damage in 100 seconds to take them out. So any gym with a big Blissey (CP 2700+ for me at 32nd level) is safe. And the number of Blisseys out there is unreasonably high, IMO. I'm very sure that most of the big ones are the result of GPS spoofing apps, since Chanseys are so rare around here. I sometimes wish that I had broken down and just started to use one. Instead, it's Pidgey, Paras, Rattata, Sentret, rinse, repeat.

I was hoping that the new creatures would make the game more fun again, and they have made it more fun, but I'm not sure they've actually made it fun.

Ah, well, it still encourages me to exercise more, so there's that.

1 person likes this

I never made it back up to level 20 with my second account and never heard back on my other account. My phone has been terrible for battery life lately and therefore I have still not loaded the app. I don't even think I have installed the last couple of updates. If I were to get a new phone, or be able to play on the iPad at home, maybe.

@Doug Sundseth large blisseys are doable. Not sure about your area. We had a park where Chansey popped up two to three times an hour. Twitter made it easy to follow where they popped up. Or one could follow the crowd of people who were moving quickly around 

On the book of faces, someone posted a video that made it seem like Harry Potter: Go was going to be a thing.  I have yet to track down if this is true.

1 person likes this

I am late to the party as I never had a phone that could run it well till very recently, so I am  having "fun" with it.  They seem to have made improvements of where they from when I started with my iPad as I never saw them on the Poudre Trail and now they are there all the time.

Welcome to the party! Pikachu has the hats.

On 11/03/2017 at 2:44 AM, Ludo said:

Welcome to the party! Pikachu has the hats.

Pichu, however, does not. I hatched my first one this morning...

It keeps the hat when you evolve it.

I'm personally holding out a mass evo for an upcoming (hypothetical) event. ST Patty's would be a good weekend for double xp..

16 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

It keeps the hat when you evolve it.

I'm personally holding out a mass evo for an upcoming (hypothetical) event. ST Patty's would be a good weekend for double xp..

Have you seen this?

st_patty_pica.thumb.jpg.dd7b6fe368ce008790e6bdb3068c80fd.jpg

::D:

8 people like this

Darn changes to pokemon availability...

I did 95km with an Omanyte buddy to get the candy to evolve it. In the just over a week since then, I've caught enough to evolve a second.

2 people like this

So glad they made rare items drop on the seventh day visit. Two slow pokes away from my first special evolve. 

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Ludo said:

So glad they made rare items drop on the seventh day visit. Two slow pokes away from my first special evolve. 

Yep, so nice.  Of course I got my 7 day one and within a couple of hours spun 2 more, so I'm not sure if that was just a fluke or your odds go up on day 7 or something....

I've got enough for either the slowpoke or the polywhirl, haven't decided which yet.

I also have a steelix to evolve.  And got a second dragon scale just after evolving one, so not doing much with that with only 4 Horsea candy....

So who's got a shiny magicarp so far?  I've seen lots of locals get them, but none for more.

23 hours ago, Ludo said:

I'm terrible at remembering to break out the app unless I'm purposely going out for a walk and a lot of days I'm going on walks that don't bring me anywhere near a Pokestop.  I don't think I'll be getting a lot of 7 day bonuses.

20 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I'm terrible at remembering to break out the app unless I'm purposely going out for a walk and a lot of days I'm going on walks that don't bring me anywhere near a Pokestop.  I don't think I'll be getting a lot of 7 day bonuses.

There is a park in my neighborhood so I try to make it a point that even if it's the only stop, on my way home I hit it. On the weekends I often drop my streak, but it helps when the anxiety its to give me a reason to want to go out.