Followers 0
CAVBOSS

delayed
Talon Games - CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter II "The Battle for New Vesta"

328 posts in this topic

All new figures in bones? This is gonna hurt

1 person likes this

TIGERS!!!

Also, really glad to see Ritterlich is one of the main factions this time. Also I need lots of Tigers.

Edited by Humansquish

Aarrghh.....but also Woot!

Terribly bad timing for me, but can't wait to see what's in it.

Afraid I'll likely have to go with just a core pledge and add on in the pledge manager after,,,,stupid everything breaking......

1 person likes this

Man.... I'll be deep in sleep when it goes live. And on a tiny island with no connection potentially.

Any chance of a pre-launch early bird? Yeah? How many credits ya need? Can throw in some rare gels, too.

/Kidding about the bribe and pre-launch, but not about the tiny island

2 people like this

The last one was pretty painful, so I'm probably out on this one.

Though maybe if there's a "No Big Stompy Robots" pledge level? The aircraft and armor were pretty good.

3 people like this

There appears to be a typo in the topic title. Vesta right?

I've been saving up for this one.

2 people like this

When I say I need Tigers, I mean it needs to be a stretch goal on it's own. So I can buy the max allowed by Kickstarter, then have my friends pledge for me on their accounts to also get the max allowed by Kickstarter.

So, please, make the first stretch goal the Tiger and I will do this.

2 people like this

Seeing as how late the first CAV KS was in getting fulfilled (nearly a year) and the fact that Bones III still isn't done and is expected to ship later than the original date, I don't understand why Reaper is tossing another KS out there so soon.

This KS is centered on the Adonese and Ritter, but you never know who may drop in! :)

With the first KS there was a learning curve for me and challenges that were unique to it. As I am in charge of this KS and have no input or responsibilities for Bones III, I can focus on the project at hand which is new CAV-based figures! :)

5 people like this

More paint? :D

4 people like this

More paint? :D

This would lure me in, as well.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nakos
      So did anyone else see the preview of a Base Boss Kickstarter by Reaper Miniatures on the homepage? It redirected to a ReaperCon page but it was blank. The preview had an American flag and Bald Eagle for a background.

I didn't get a chance to screenshot it as I was trying to find out where it was going and when I went back to it, it was gone.

Any info on this or did someone accidentally hit enter on a preview they shouldn't have?

ETA: Here is the link that it directed to, ETA 1.2 corrected link per ReaperBryan's post below. http://www.reapermini.com/baseboss

EDIT TO ADD:
      Project is live!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/base-boss-by-reaper-miniatures?token=a8235a4e
    • By CAVBOSS
      Greetings All!
      Since the release of the new rule-set last year I know I have talked a bit here and there about COG and getting support to those people wishing to run demos and such. The main reason I havent advanced any farther on it is Ive been trying to put a program together that will get the job done and allow players to feel their efforts are appreciated and awarded correctly. Ive looked at other programs out there and haven't seen what I think is required.

So I'm asking for your input. What would make you want to be part of this type of program and get out there to support the game at conventions and your local stores. What do you need from me to be successful and remain engaged over time?

Any input would be much appreciated! 
    • By CAVBOSS
      Greeting all! We are starting the roll-out of the updated & new content we have been promising. I have updated the links above and on the web page but I am including them here as well...

First off. the new errata. The majority of it is clarifications and FAQs, but we have made a couple of rule adjustments as a result of feedback from players.

CAV: SO Errata

With that and the addition of new models from the last KS we have updated the CAV:SO Construction & Force Manager Program. We have added a new tab in the CP that shows a picture of the actual model to help people identify what something is. We will be updating the images later to get a more consistent look but this should work for now.

CAV:SO Construction Program and Force Manager

We have also updated the Master PDF of all the models so that you can have them in one place to view as a whole. Included are models that we are no longer using but have included a data card for those people who still want to use them. These have the (2) as part of their name.

Data Cards

We also have a new Faction Model List that is now current with all of the designs currently in the game.

Faction Model List

I am still getting the color data cards and the new Flashpoint ready so stay tuned as we get those out as well! Enjoy!
    • By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

So... I have a short attention span.  This is evidenced by me deciding to take up yet another side project- this time in anticipation of finally receiving my starter rulebook for CAV:SO from reaper this week.  

Reaper's CAV line is the only line of minis that are not fantasy (or 40k), and the only line of minis that I have that are not in the 25-28mm range.  As such, I don't have much good terrain for them yet.  

I have been a fan of paper terrain for awhile, ever since discovering world works games and Dave Graffam's stuff.  Upon starting to look around I also found a surprising variety of free paper building templates for a variety of scales- most of which are based in Europe.

So I downloaded a few of those, and then also purchased this pdf from Dave Graffam, which allows me to make office buildings of several sizes and colors that fold flat when not in use, allowing me to store an entire city in a tiny box.  Pretty awesome, especially for 3 bucks.

I also found some shipping container templates. Check it out!

I made almost 20 buildings in two evenings:

An action shot:

The terrans get ambushed!

View from above:

And folded (mostly) flat for storage (the folded buildings are on bottom):
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1627453715/fantasy-maps-art-pack-and-rpg-maps?ref=category_newest
  • Who's Online   54 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)