Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

Talon Games - CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter II "The Battle for New Vesta"

I know how you feel. Just last year I bought a second nail polish wall rack plus a Broken Table Hobbies paint stand and I don't think they will be able to hold all the paint from this project and Bones III. Not to mention the paint I got from Reaper last week and the paint I ordered from CMON 3+ weeks ago (not yet shipped so I may cancel the order). There's absolutely no more room for more paint racks. What to do, what to do... 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

What's the latest word?  Any new info?

We are waiting on the mold manufacturer to complete the final molds, once we ok the test prints, I expect the delivery of the final figures to proceed pretty quick. They have not provided us any dates at this point beyond we are currently in their work queue.

• Like 9

That 32mm Dictator looks amazing. ::o: A pity it's resin! I hate to think what that sucker's gonna run... (But I wants it, I does).

• Like 1

Huh, I forgot I backed this project. Well, I'm locked in now. Oops.

Well, I'm sure I'll be last to be shipped.

• Like 5

It is but will be closing soon. Once we approve molds we have to give them final numbers at that point.

• Like 2

Will you be giving us any warning of the pending closure? 

Beyond this past post that is? :-)

• Like 1

Sitrep? I am anxiously awaiting my pledge. Please please before my gamer add kicks in.

Edited by fodder

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

It has been a really busy year for me, between moving across the country, starting a new job, finding a place to live, getting married, major surgery for the missus, and evacuating/rebuilding after a major hurricane.  Unfortunately, this has left little time for painting- and it’s been driving me nuts!

After the wedding a few weeks back, we finally had some time to take a step back and breathe.  The wife poked me and said “why don’t you start painting again?”

The first thing I picked up was this squad of half-finished Ritterlich Republic cougars I had been working on last winter before the move.  They had been painted and inked, but not assembled, highlighted or jeweled.

I’ve been working on them a few hours at a time over the past few weeks, and finally had a big chunk of the day yesterday where I could sit down and power through them… here they are!  I still need to do the bases, but I couldn’t do that last night as the glue was still drying.  They will also get a matte varnish coat, but I'd like to get your C&C on a few things before then.

As I have mentioned before, this is from the CAV kickstarter; one of the things I wanted to do with the kickstarter CAVs was to explore a different painting technique for each army.  For the Ritter, this was edging. 
      As time went on, I started to become a bit fatigued at the sheer amount of edging required.  This caused me to slowly rotate from display quality (for me at least) to more tabletop quality. But hey, a painted mini is always better than an unpainted one, and easing up a bit on the quality allowed me to finish them quickly.

I am also trying to incorporate more blending in the canopies, as well as some OSL effects.  As you can see, I am still practicing.  I expect I will get better with time (at least I hope I do)!
      As always, C & C are very welcome.  I am trying to get better and I can’t do that without critique.  Any comments about how to improve the jeweling or OSL in particular would be most appreciated. 

If anyone wants the paints or techniques used, I can provide that information too.

• By Darsc Zacal
      The Kickstarter is live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1138228733/moonstone-fantasy-skirmish-game/description

This one is for a skirmish game featuring their wonderfully fantastical minis many of which are available in either metal or resin.

• By Reaperbryan
      Live link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084069684/tablescapes-dungeons-modular-rpg-dungeons-by-secre?ref=users

A little something We've been helping some friends out with, and I'm very proud to be a part of:

• By animesensei
      New dungeon accessories kickstarter is live.

These are prepainted, which is nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonlair/dungeon-accessories-bringing-tabletop-gaming-to-li/description
    • By CAVBOSS
      For more information on the CAV-CON events at this year's ReaperCon, including tournament rules, make sure to check out www.cav-con.com !
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)