CAVBOSS

Talon Games - CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter II "The Battle for New Vesta"

I'm probably going to pass on this one.  I have such a horrendous backlog of figures as it is and I haven't painted consistently in years.

• Like 1

...the Enforcer reads as an assault Battlemech, with an aesthetic that doesn't match other Adon models at all.

Gotta second that - the Enforcer looks like a big brother to the Imperator: Similar MACs, exposed struts in the "neck," chicken-walker...the rockets look fairly Adonese (similar to, say, the Sultan's), and the shoulders look a bit like those of a chancellor or challenger.   

I'm not sure if I mind all *that* much: now that there are more than two manufacturers per empire, and we know that UCORs have a lot of wiggle room to trade and operate extra-legally: there are RMI elements to the Enforcer, but maybe that's coincidental and this is an Iber'dro Kosmik design, and they for their part were stealing blueprints from both RMI and Taurant Wa-Sik.  Or maybe Iber'dro is a subsidiary or partner of Tuarant...just my $.02, and probably not worth half that! 

That is a very nice pile of tanks. 

Any idea if either AEC or ritter are more likely than the other to have a larger proportion of tanks?

Oooh, Lynxes... :wub:

Is that a resculpt on the Challenger? I won't deny it needed one, but the version shown looks a little...flat. Could use a little detailing around the shoulders IMO.

The Javelin...sadly does nothing for me. Just doesn't feel like a CAV.

Very excited to see the missile trucks making an appearance, they make great objective markers! Will we be seeing in-flight cruise missiles later on??

That is a very nice pile of tanks. 

Any idea if either AEC or ritter are more likely than the other to have a larger proportion of tanks?

They both have a fairly large selection of vehicles. I would guess we'll see more tanks on the Adon side (Chieftain, Scarab, Dragoon, Hornet) but heavier ones for Ritter (Wolverine, Manticore).

Hmm...I see the Dragonfly has been scaled up and redesigned as well. I suppose it looks more hover-capable in this incarnation, but the original was actually to scale--it was basically a weaponized glider--so I'm not sure if I'm thrilled with the new size (assuming I'm reading the scale relative to the base correctly).

The Armadillo looks great!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By beefcake
      Hi all, 

I feel a bit bad that this is my first post here on Reaper Forum advertising a kickstarter. I used to go by the Moniker Kaybee or Kaybee81 (can't remember) but as I'm known as beefcake on other fora I thought it best to go by the same name everywhere. Anyway here is a link to some STL files for purchase.

The Wizard's Tower contains stackable tower sections to create your own unique Wizard's Tower. 
      Files have been scaled for 28mm miniatures but, as with all 3d printable files, you have the ability to scale them up or down to suit your gaming needs.
      The initial reward consists of 7 different modular tower pieces and a ladder. All of which have been created on Blender, run through a repair tool, to check for any non-manifold parts and other errors, and printed.

[li]Tower roof[/li]
      [li]Single window tower section[/li]
      [li]Tower section with door[/li]
      [li]Tower bridge (2 bridge sections link together)[/li]
      [li]Double window tower section[/li]
      [li]Windowless tower section[/li]
      [li]Tower base[/li]
      [li]and a ladder[/li]

[/li]
      [/list] All for NZD $10 (roughly USD $6.80)

The tower pieces can be oriented in almost any direction to provide a different look each time you game.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-3d-printable-modular-tower-syste
    • By Arkady
      Hmm, search function claims there's no hits on this forum for 'war', so I may be simply missing it, but I don't seem to see anyone mention this has relaunched:

Z War One - Damnation "episodic, comic book miniature board game"

Only difference as far as I can tell is more stretch goals. Might've made sense for them to try to have a third episode ready, but doesn't look like it so far.
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      This Kickstarter campaign is a collaboration between legendary game designer Jennell Jaquays and sculptor Darcy Perry, following the appearance of ducks in the previous Star Hat Miniatures Kickstarter: Delvers Lost in the Dungeons of Doom III. 
      This is also an opportunity for YOU to contribute! With the Legendary Hero pledge, YOU can collaborate with us to bring new characters to the Quack Keep module and gaming table.
      The Module  
      This Kickstarter will provide funds for Quack Keep - inspired by classic game adventure modules of the past but written to be more approachable for a new generation of role-players and workable with a wide range of game rules thanks to the 5th Wall Generic Rank System. It even comes with a fold-out GM screen as a cover!

The title is a nod to Quag Keep, the first novel based on a roleplaying game, published by Andre Norton in 1978 - around the same time that Jennell Jaquays began producing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and Runequest modules for Judges Guild. The Caverns of Thracia and Dark Tower are both best-selling examples of her early work, both still in print after almost 40 years.  
      The later inspired Legendary Duck Tower and other Tales, which included a ducky-pastiche of her original Dark Tower cover. It was due to this and her work for Chaosium that Jennell Jaquays "was pretty much labeled as that designer and artist who did the ducks."

Eldritch SwanSong.  
      Father Quack.  
      Froduck.  
      Glen Fidduck.  
      The Grey Moulter.  Join us for an adventure with Ducks Lost in the Dungeons of Doom IV: Quack Keep!
      Legendary Duck! YOU be the HERO! Stretch Goals
      There is a Stretch Goal unleashed for every 1k funding goal reached and each one is a game changer: a new Duck will appear! Either a new Duck Hero or Legendary Duck will be made available for you to choose as part of your pledge.
      1k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Oduck!  
      2k Stretch Goal Unleashed: The Quack Knight!  

Glen Fidduck is almost a must-have for me ;)
    • By Savage Coyote
      A few nights ago I managed to get a game of CAV in with MiniAddict and is son at Texas Toy Solider in Carrollton, TX.  Because of the three player nature we were faced with, his son and I were a team with each of us taking 3k points and MiniAddict taking 6.2k or so points!  We set up long ways on the table and the only modification due to the terrain type we had was to play "true line of sight."  Our terrain wasn't leveled well as it was more 40k/Fantasy terrain so this seemed to work.  Forces were all "mercenary forces" by the rules due to composition/unit types"

Templar Mercenaries:
      2x Centurion
      3x Duelist
      Spartan

Spartan
      5x Javelin

ADON/Terran Mercenaries:
      2x Naginatas 
      2x Wolves
      2x Poltergiests

6x Chieftains

Ritter Mercenaries:
      4x Lion II's
      1x Cougar

Catamount (Jaguar model)
      3x Puma's (blue Cougar models)
      Thug

We also decided to use individual model activation with the cards as opposed to section activation.  

So Turn one was pretty much everyone rushing forward and/or moving forward and activating ECM to discourage target lock pot shots.  The Templar force was a little more cautious in it's approach than our side I think.

Turn 2 was really more of the same, though we had our first suppression with my Catamount suppressing the Spartan that had used it's ECM.  One of the Javelins Run 'n' Gun'd and dropped four damage on my Cougar while the heavy tanks dropped a Javelin on the far left side.

For all intents and purposes, the game ended on turn three.  We were positioned to be able to do a lot of damage and lucked out in the card deck draws.  We had five or six cards turn in row.  I took charge, activated the Catamount, and fired off his Active Phased Array 2, which netted all of the forward Templar elements.  Next, two Chieftains raced up to the center Spartan (he's behind the rock in the center of the board) and killed him with medium PBG's.  Next, my Thug moved over to put six damage on the far right Shootist.  The Shootist attempted defensive fire and did maybe one damage.  Everything else that shot at the Thug missed (honestly I thought I was trading the Thug to severely hurt the Duelist!). My Lion II's move up and gain line of sight to the second Duelist and kill it with one burn out (marked with a yellow 1.). Three chieftains peel left and kill the second Spartan while the other two Chieftains race over the left side Duelist and inflict some damage.  Our heavy tanks move forward and kill the brave Javelin, while wiffing on the other.  In MiniAddict's defense, his dice were about as cold as you could get.  All night.  It was painful for him and honestly for us because, in situations he should have inflicted damage or killed something (my Thug should have been dead) he'd only hit once or not at all.  The only glimmer of light was one of his Centurions putting six damage tracks on one of my Lion II's.  So there was that.  My Puma's all used their ECM 2 and we moved on to Turn 4.

Turn Four was mainly advancing and cleaning up for our side.  My Catamount activated APA2 again while my Thug brought down the Duelist (though he burned out and I retreated back around the corner before his Centurion could engage again.  My Lion II's advanced forward and brought the center Centurion down to six damage tracks while follow up Chieftain hits brought it to 12 damage tracks.  On the other side, the heavy tanks damaged the lone Javelin and the Chieftains played tag with the left side Duelist slowly wearing it down, though the Duelist did manage to kill one of them and severely damage the other.  I lost a Lion II to a Centurion but my other three soldiered on.

We called it after turn five, as the Lion II's and three Chieftains finished off both Centurions, the Duelist fell to the LBG of the Puma, and the Javelin was smoked by a Poltergeist or Wolf.  All in all MiniAddicts cold dice made this a lopsided game!  There were a lot of lessons and questions for this game and we look forward to playing again! 

• By ub3r_n3rd
      I saw that Stonehaven just launched another kickstarter!

Stonehaven's Giants

Huge Humanoids and Creatures for your adventurers to encounter and to bulk out your RPG dungeon or tabletop wargame armies!
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)