Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAVBOSS

delayed
Talon Games - CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter II "The Battle for New Vesta"

336 posts in this topic

I'm probably going to pass on this one.  I have such a horrendous backlog of figures as it is and I haven't painted consistently in years.

1 person likes this

I'm totally in love with the Horus and the Eagle!

...the Enforcer reads as an assault Battlemech, with an aesthetic that doesn't match other Adon models at all.

Gotta second that - the Enforcer looks like a big brother to the Imperator: Similar MACs, exposed struts in the "neck," chicken-walker...the rockets look fairly Adonese (similar to, say, the Sultan's), and the shoulders look a bit like those of a chancellor or challenger.   

I'm not sure if I mind all *that* much: now that there are more than two manufacturers per empire, and we know that UCORs have a lot of wiggle room to trade and operate extra-legally: there are RMI elements to the Enforcer, but maybe that's coincidental and this is an Iber'dro Kosmik design, and they for their part were stealing blueprints from both RMI and Taurant Wa-Sik.  Or maybe Iber'dro is a subsidiary or partner of Tuarant...just my $.02, and probably not worth half that! 

That is a very nice pile of tanks. 

Any idea if either AEC or ritter are more likely than the other to have a larger proportion of tanks?

Oooh, Lynxes... :wub:

Is that a resculpt on the Challenger? I won't deny it needed one, but the version shown looks a little...flat. Could use a little detailing around the shoulders IMO.

The Javelin...sadly does nothing for me. Just doesn't feel like a CAV.

Very excited to see the missile trucks making an appearance, they make great objective markers! Will we be seeing in-flight cruise missiles later on??

That is a very nice pile of tanks. 

Any idea if either AEC or ritter are more likely than the other to have a larger proportion of tanks?

They both have a fairly large selection of vehicles. I would guess we'll see more tanks on the Adon side (Chieftain, Scarab, Dragoon, Hornet) but heavier ones for Ritter (Wolverine, Manticore).

Hmm...I see the Dragonfly has been scaled up and redesigned as well. I suppose it looks more hover-capable in this incarnation, but the original was actually to scale--it was basically a weaponized glider--so I'm not sure if I'm thrilled with the new size (assuming I'm reading the scale relative to the base correctly).

The Armadillo looks great!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By animesensei
      New dungeon accessories kickstarter is live.

These are prepainted, which is nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonlair/dungeon-accessories-bringing-tabletop-gaming-to-li/description
    • By CAVBOSS
      For more information on the CAV-CON events at this year's ReaperCon, including tournament rules, make sure to check out www.cav-con.com !
    • By CAVBOSS
      Greetings All!
      Since the release of the new rule-set last year I know I have talked a bit here and there about COG and getting support to those people wishing to run demos and such. The main reason I havent advanced any farther on it is Ive been trying to put a program together that will get the job done and allow players to feel their efforts are appreciated and awarded correctly. Ive looked at other programs out there and haven't seen what I think is required.

So I'm asking for your input. What would make you want to be part of this type of program and get out there to support the game at conventions and your local stores. What do you need from me to be successful and remain engaged over time?

Any input would be much appreciated! 
    • By CAVBOSS
      Greeting all! We are starting the roll-out of the updated & new content we have been promising. I have updated the links above and on the web page but I am including them here as well...

First off. the new errata. The majority of it is clarifications and FAQs, but we have made a couple of rule adjustments as a result of feedback from players.

CAV: SO Errata

With that and the addition of new models from the last KS we have updated the CAV:SO Construction & Force Manager Program. We have added a new tab in the CP that shows a picture of the actual model to help people identify what something is. We will be updating the images later to get a more consistent look but this should work for now.

CAV:SO Construction Program and Force Manager

We have also updated the Master PDF of all the models so that you can have them in one place to view as a whole. Included are models that we are no longer using but have included a data card for those people who still want to use them. These have the (2) as part of their name.

Data Cards

We also have a new Faction Model List that is now current with all of the designs currently in the game.

Faction Model List

I am still getting the color data cards and the new Flashpoint ready so stay tuned as we get those out as well! Enjoy!
    • By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

So... I have a short attention span.  This is evidenced by me deciding to take up yet another side project- this time in anticipation of finally receiving my starter rulebook for CAV:SO from reaper this week.  

Reaper's CAV line is the only line of minis that are not fantasy (or 40k), and the only line of minis that I have that are not in the 25-28mm range.  As such, I don't have much good terrain for them yet.  

I have been a fan of paper terrain for awhile, ever since discovering world works games and Dave Graffam's stuff.  Upon starting to look around I also found a surprising variety of free paper building templates for a variety of scales- most of which are based in Europe.

So I downloaded a few of those, and then also purchased this pdf from Dave Graffam, which allows me to make office buildings of several sizes and colors that fold flat when not in use, allowing me to store an entire city in a tiny box.  Pretty awesome, especially for 3 bucks.

I also found some shipping container templates. Check it out!

I made almost 20 buildings in two evenings:

An action shot:

The terrans get ambushed!

View from above:

And folded (mostly) flat for storage (the folded buildings are on bottom):
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)