CAVBOSS

Talon Games - CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter II "The Battle for New Vesta"

Very nice! Is that a howitzer?

No, that'd be the Mastodon (Fire Support). This is listed as Attack role--probably a 'sniper' role more akin to the Scorpion.

• Like 2

Haha yeah, my first thought was Mastodon as well.  In a good way. ^_^

This gets me thinking about CAVs with large guns above the cockpit.  Depending on how the legs fold down, a unit like this could be a unit designed to crouch and hide behind cover, then pop the gun up while keeping the rest of the CAV protected.

Is that an exposed ammo belt?  I can't think of any other CAVs with one, although ammo belts score very high on the "coolness factor scale" so I'm ok with it.

Edited by Jeneki
  • Like 2

This gets me thinking about CAVs with large guns above the cockpit. Depending on how the legs fold down, a unit like this could be a unit designed to crouch and hide behind cover, then pop the gun up while keeping the rest of the CAV protected.

The Scorpion could do that. This may be intended to fill that role, much as the new superheavy appears designed to compensate for the Ogre's range being neutered.

• Like 1

All new colors!

Always a good way to attract a sale from me!!

Good luck!

the new superheavy appears designed to compensate for the Ogre's range being neutered.

Hmm? ... (looks at Enforcer stat card)

Wow you are right, that is a really nice mix.

• Like 1

There is paint planned as a stretch goal.

Well I put in now for these then assuming we will make it.  Let's get it done!

• Like 1

I'm confused by the Dervish. Why pay for a new digital sculpt of a single big gun mech when you have the Mastadon? Why don't we get the Mastadon in bones?

• Like 2

Can't we have them both? Plus there is something really cool about a 6 DT CAV running around with a Heavy MAC! :)

• Like 4

This gets me thinking about CAVs with large guns above the cockpit.  Depending on how the legs fold down, a unit like this could be a unit designed to crouch and hide behind cover, then pop the gun up while keeping the rest of the CAV protected.

I can totally see this and I really like this idea.

How do you reflect that action in the SO rules though? I may be missing something, but my understanding of cover in the game doesn't allow the Dervish or Mastodon to leverage this tactic better than any other unit in hard cover. Is there or could there be a SA for it?

If that works, it also raises the question of similar cover and LOS for CAVs exposing only an arm weapon around the corner of a building or other vertical hard cover. 

This probably isn't the right thread for it, but I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Plus there is something really cool about a 6 DT CAV running around with a Heavy MAC! :)

Are there stats for this?

You could by giving the model a design exception and allowing it to use the SA: Pop-Up or to go "hull-down" like vehicles. Something to consider for its final version. As to current stats:

DERVISHDC.jpg

• Like 3