Reaperbryan

Sir Forscale Painting Competition

By height, do you mean top of the head or the tip of the sword?

If you change his height by adding him on top of anything I cannot accept it. If his "height" changes because you did a head and weapon swap, we're fine. Although, if you change enough that he is no longer useful for my purpose as a Scale reference object that is the same scale object I have been using for years, we're not fine, again.

So just to be perfectly clear, a weapon swap that changes his height, tip of sword, is ok? Say for example, a longer polearm that goes above his original sword point is fine?

By height, do you mean top of the head or the tip of the sword?

If you change his height by adding him on top of anything I cannot accept it. If his "height" changes because you did a head and weapon swap, we're fine. Although, if you change enough that he is no longer useful for my purpose as a Scale reference object that is the same scale object I have been using for years, we're not fine, again.

So just to be perfectly clear, a weapon swap that changes his height, tip of sword, is ok? Say for example, a longer polearm that goes above his original sword point is fine?

i would be ok with that. As long as there's enough points of commonality with the original Sir Garrick "The Bold" Forscale.

Or, purely hypothetically, a raygun and/or flamethrower?

well, I do need something to put next to the Chronscope Bones models too, right?

For clarity- Yes. This would be ok.

Hate to part with one of my babies, but it would definitely be the one place I'd easily make that exception for this particular mini, like he'd be going home to fulfill his destiny.

SirForscale_1.jpg

SirForscale_2.jpg

Shaded metallics, so pics are always tough.

• Like 21

I will totally paint up another one, in more different colors. It's been super fun seeing my purple and teal one pop up in the Kickstarter updates; it makes me all kinds of squeeful! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Yes yes! I saw him in the first July one but I wasn't sure if he was really yours!! I just remember you talking about the colors somewhere. ^_^ That's super cool!

I get paid this Friday and I'll have a little left over after rent. I'll gladly make some painting time to join the fun!

• Like 3

I'll try & get this one in. Heck I might even have a Bones Sir F already. If not I have a pending order with Reaper. I just need to pull the buy it trigger. I highly doubt Sir F's price will break the bank. ::):

Great idea for a contest thou!!

• Like 3

I realized late yesterday that I do not have a metal copy of Sir Forscale. I have one of his brothers in arms, 14377, the Temple Knight Warrior.

Same (type of) guy. Different pose.

Paint one or more 77008: Garrick the Bold, in any color scheme or style you choose. You may not add any base other than the base he comes on, although you may add items (skulls, plants, Pokéballs, etc.) to the base. You cannot attach him to anything that would change his height - if you do, he's useless "for scale". You may convert his weapon or do a head-swap, but he must still be recognizable as "Sir Forscale".  

I ordered myself a spare Forscale online, but almost didn't.

His online name was a generic Dark Heaven Bones Male Human Warrior. Not Forscale, not Garrick, not Bold (though lots of koBOLDs).

If it weren't for the fact that it popped up on the first page of the search for Reaper miniatures, I would've missed him.

• Like 2

Hm... I may be able to get sirforscale from Denmark... That way I might have him in my grubby hands in a week or so.

Which means I may still be able to participate...

And Bryan may yet learn the true cost of shipping from Norway...

• Like 2

/goes to check FLGS

/Follows suit

/waits for CW to be hit by lightning or something since there's a black cloud following the sith this month

You sure following me is a good idea? :ph34r:

Sure, all all the bad stuff will happen to you, thus clearing my path! ::P:

Seriously---I hope things get better for you; like 5 minutes ago.

• Like 1