Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is Hasslefree's HFA181: Big Charles, painted up as a vampire (although he could do duty for something else awful and inhuman as well, maybe a zombie). I had accidentally acquired two of him and this seemed a reasonable use for the extra one, especially since one of my GMs is running a vampire-heavy campaign.
He hasn't got a shadow on purpose because vampire ...
There is no WIP thread. Critiques, questions, and comments are welcome, as always.
With the arrival of Zombicide Green Horde, I realized that I had yet to paint up any of the necromancers for the game. So I decided to start a new thread for these guys.
I decided that instead of starting with the one that came with the core set, I would paint up another one called Grin. I had planned on just painting up a base coat today as I waited on the primer of another figure. Then I just kept going. Now the art for the figure has him with a very dark overall feel. The figure's backstory has it that he's half zombie from a failed ritual. So I Went with the zombie skin I had with the rest of the zombies. I then added in a warm brown to try to give him a little more life than a regular zombie. Looking at the image I think I need something else.
Well here is the results of today's painting:
I just realized that I'd been painting but had not posted any of them. :-)
I like this mini, but I often struggled with the impression that she was putting her head on for the day. :-)
Painting her was fun, but I had a lot of problems with her mold lines, and she came out very muddy in some ways.
I needed a bunch of female figures for an RPG set in the 1920s, and I needed them fast and cheap. Sunday I ordered some Heroclix for a buck each, and by Wed evening they were in my hands. I need to modify the figures to have longer dresses appropriate for the period when the game is set.
First thing I did was cut them off at the feet. I found a hobby knife worked well. A sharp hobby knife would work better.
I used two part epoxy putty to make skirts. I just smooshed it on and smoothed it out. I should have started with a blob between the legs and let it dry overnight for stability.
Next: primer, paint and bases.
By Xiwo Xerase
I picked out 14352 Unforgiven, Crusader Grunt to practice the lessons in Bones LTPK #1. I'm aiming for "tabletop" quality with this paint job.
Here's the miniature with most of the basecoating done:
The colors in use are:
09050 Antique Gold for the gold accents 09052 Shadowed Steel for the armor 09053 Honed Steel for the sword 09056 Templar Blue for the edge of the tabard, the sword hilt, and the edge of the tabard (or whatever that is) 09064 Brown Liner for lining between the blue and yellow on the tabard 09074 Palomino Gold for the tabard and the undercoat for the gold accents 09110 Oiled Leather for the belt 29843 HD Solid Black for the black
The white patches on the tabard are 09108 Brush-on White Primer because I scraped off the paint there. (I got some basing material stuck there, decided I'd paint over it, and then decided to scrape it off and make it look better.)
My next tasks are to repaint the reprimed parts of the tabard after the primer cures and fix any painting errors before moving on to the wash portion of the exercise. (Any shadows you see in the pictures are probably a result of the lighting rather than any painted effects.)
After I'm done with this, I suppose I should paint Sir Forscale.
Who's Online 39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Geoff Davis
- Darius Glenwell
- Melbourne Mew Mew
- Lars Porsenna
- Jordan Peacock
- Chris Palmer
- Green Eyed Monster
- Froggy the Great