Try adding some slight glazes of different colors to the skin in the shadows like red, green, blue, or purple depending on what you see her ethnicity to be and the temperature.

Good suggestion, I was waiting till after higher/highest highlight to decide which direction to take the deepest shadows. The shadows already have RMS Mahogany Brown (a reddish brown), but I thought that too drastic for a smooth transition.  I like the glaze idea, so i'll have to think on that.

As you've seen from my own WIP's, the glazing is where it's at to make the skin transition into new and interesting colors when you hit it in just the right spots. Very very thin and layering it in so it tints to where you want it.

• Like 3

Just think of all the colors you can do if you skin the right animal....

Hey leave the techicolored wolf's fur alone!  :wow:

• Like 3

Just think of all the colors you can do if you skin the right animal....

Hey leave the techicolored wolf's fur alone!  :wow:

As entertaining as it would be to try and paint up that kind of fur, I'm not sure it fits my base idea.  I'd have to have her in the middle of a field of flowers w/ butterflies.  Not feeling it.

• Like 3

I suggest Snow Leopard!!!

I suggest TIGER! 

Darsc has some nice fur.... it's GRRRRRREAT!

• Like 2

I suggest Snow Leopard!!!

I suggest TIGER! 

Darsc has some nice fur.... it's GRRRRRREAT!

In that case since she is clearly from the North...a Siberian Tiger!

Or a Sabretooth!

• Like 3

More Highlighting on the skin.  It is amazing the change a little highlighting can do.  Still debating the glazing ideas are solidifying in my head now that the highlighting has progressed.  And after reading on Ub3r's barbarian WIP the motto of higher highlight etc.. I went a step higher.  To be determined in I need to go higher after the glazing / tinting.  I left the legs alone to give me a visual reference of where I had stopped.  Highlighting will follow later.

post-12625-0-87305900-1470270579.jpg

And a shot of the fur cloak she is wearing from the back.

post-12625-0-60922800-1470270580.jpg

• Like 14

OK, with me on the final steps of two of my other mini's I figured it was time to pick this one back up again.

Yesterday I got her legs finally highlighted.  Only I realized I chose the wrong skin colors.  I then spent today fixing the colors and then threw some brown down to frame the skin.

post-12625-0-09897100-1473736989.jpg

I then decided I had a few extra minutes, so I base coated the hair and chain mail bikini.

post-12625-0-91115900-1473736989.jpg

• Like 21

Great skin!!!!

*** "Accidently" drops piece of paper with his phonenumber in front of the Barbarian lady***

• Like 2

Very nice!

What colors are you using for the skin tones?

The Tanned skin recipie from Powells (aka Bailey03) Blog.  Substituting RMS Mahogany Brown for shadow. 

• Like 3

Very nice!

What colors are you using for the skin tones?

The Tanned skin recipie from Powells (aka Bailey03) Blog.  Substituting RMS Mahogany Brown for shadow. 

He's one of my favorites for skin tones, very smooth.

• Like 1