***  Hops into the thread with a bouqet of roses and a box of skullshaped chocolates***

*** Is she ready for our date yet?***

Great job!

• Thanks 1

Well I finally managed to get some more time in on painting Sana up.  Then I was struck again with the realization that I should probably have test fitted and drilled pin holes before starting painting her. <_<  guess I'll have to give her a protective coat then pin.  Well I painted up the inner part of her cloak.  I then decided to finish off most of the rest of her.  Looking at her, I realized I need to touch up around her right shoulder.

Well here is the result of the progress.  As always C&C are welcome.

HF_Sana_09a.JPG.bb9da49caa626a5589eeee2eb6d1df04.JPG

• Like 19

Absolutely amazing!!

One tiny thing; maybe slightly more highlight on the part of the hair that falls on her left shoulder.

• Thanks 1

Ok, with my Zcide Progress goal hit, I am now turning my attention back to Sana.  I also think I might have realized what I was doing in GIMP that reduced the resolution when I was prepping the image.  So now the photo looks a little better I think.  You know shows more flaws. <_<  

@LarsM Excellent observation!  I'll do that when I get to those annoying touch ups we all have to do at the end.

For progress I managed attach her arm without too much difficulty.  I then laid down some base coats.  For final progress I began to highlight up the leather on the left arm.  Oh yeah, I painted up the wooden axe handle and wraps.  That about does it for tonight.

HF_Sana_10a.JPG.c6364f0c6f5aad3dd81122b46e516511.JPG

• Like 17

Yeah, I know I haven't been making any progress on her.  I forgot to update the other days progress, but I did manage to get a photo of today's progress.  I think she is nearing completion, save for the axe head and hair fix.  Well, the base too, but I got that roughly build and will get a photo of it tomorrow (I hope).

HF_Sana_11a.JPG.6853b849798f2f991fef40b79d9f63a4.JPG

• Like 14

In my effort to actually finish stuff, I continued to push my way through the NMM on Sana's ax.  I really like this figure.  I was going to call the figure finished, then I remembered I need to touch up the hair mentioned by LarsM.

Here is today's progress.

HF_Sana_12a.JPG.fbd1cba1349d30ea29f9ae8177c44e31.JPGHF_Sana_12b.JPG.b41e8e67b43b160d87cd0d8381ce6f5b.JPG

• Like 19

The Barbarian Babe is a TRULY LOVELY creation. You are a gifted painter. I am looking forward to how you base The Girl...if you need any mushrooms, I'm your Man.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

The Barbarian Babe is a TRULY LOVELY creation. You are a gifted painter. I am looking forward to how you base The Girl...if you need any mushrooms, I'm your Man.

I hadn't thought about mushrooms.  Though.... It got me thinking ... Now I can't un-see my Kid barbarian facing a your animated ones.

Well, I started with a simple base idea with a technique I learned from one of James Wappel's basing video's.  It's nothing fancy at the moment.

HF_SanaBs_01a.JPG.63e9d2b92a5a4a4b5832eec18a1df396.JPG

Here is Sana resting on it to give you an idea of size.

HF_SanaBs_01b.JPG.21796960eb1341094e94f7170b8e1560.JPG

• Like 14