***  Hops into the thread with a bouqet of roses and a box of skullshaped chocolates***

*** Is she ready for our date yet?***

Great job!

• Thanks 1

Well I finally managed to get some more time in on painting Sana up.  Then I was struck again with the realization that I should probably have test fitted and drilled pin holes before starting painting her. <_<  guess I'll have to give her a protective coat then pin.  Well I painted up the inner part of her cloak.  I then decided to finish off most of the rest of her.  Looking at her, I realized I need to touch up around her right shoulder.

Well here is the result of the progress.  As always C&C are welcome.

HF_Sana_09a.JPG.bb9da49caa626a5589eeee2eb6d1df04.JPG

• Like 19

Absolutely amazing!!

One tiny thing; maybe slightly more highlight on the part of the hair that falls on her left shoulder.

• Thanks 1

Ok, with my Zcide Progress goal hit, I am now turning my attention back to Sana.  I also think I might have realized what I was doing in GIMP that reduced the resolution when I was prepping the image.  So now the photo looks a little better I think.  You know shows more flaws. <_<  

@LarsM Excellent observation!  I'll do that when I get to those annoying touch ups we all have to do at the end.

For progress I managed attach her arm without too much difficulty.  I then laid down some base coats.  For final progress I began to highlight up the leather on the left arm.  Oh yeah, I painted up the wooden axe handle and wraps.  That about does it for tonight.

HF_Sana_10a.JPG.c6364f0c6f5aad3dd81122b46e516511.JPG

• Like 17

Yeah, I know I haven't been making any progress on her.  I forgot to update the other days progress, but I did manage to get a photo of today's progress.  I think she is nearing completion, save for the axe head and hair fix.  Well, the base too, but I got that roughly build and will get a photo of it tomorrow (I hope).

HF_Sana_11a.JPG.6853b849798f2f991fef40b79d9f63a4.JPG

• Like 14

In my effort to actually finish stuff, I continued to push my way through the NMM on Sana's ax.  I really like this figure.  I was going to call the figure finished, then I remembered I need to touch up the hair mentioned by LarsM.

Here is today's progress.

HF_Sana_12a.JPG.fbd1cba1349d30ea29f9ae8177c44e31.JPGHF_Sana_12b.JPG.b41e8e67b43b160d87cd0d8381ce6f5b.JPG

• Like 19

The Barbarian Babe is a TRULY LOVELY creation. You are a gifted painter. I am looking forward to how you base The Girl...if you need any mushrooms, I'm your Man.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

The Barbarian Babe is a TRULY LOVELY creation. You are a gifted painter. I am looking forward to how you base The Girl...if you need any mushrooms, I'm your Man.

I hadn't thought about mushrooms.  Though.... It got me thinking ... Now I can't un-see my Kid barbarian facing a your animated ones.

Well, I started with a simple base idea with a technique I learned from one of James Wappel's basing video's.  It's nothing fancy at the moment.

HF_SanaBs_01a.JPG.63e9d2b92a5a4a4b5832eec18a1df396.JPG

Here is Sana resting on it to give you an idea of size.

HF_SanaBs_01b.JPG.21796960eb1341094e94f7170b8e1560.JPG

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bblythe84
      So I painted her as my player character in an upcoming game, the tricky thing was that she had some pretty bad burn scars. I tried to paint a burn scar on her shoulder holding the wand, I am not sure how well it came out.

As always let me know what you all think of her.

I feel I should also apologize for the photo quality, I am trying to get something set up for decent pictures. 

• By Adeael Grey
      Had a lot of fun painting this.

• By Patrik Strom
      This is my version of Grond from Hasslefree Miniatures. I've had the figure for a while but never got around to him. I can't really tell why I picked him up now (might have been that I wanted something to try my Valejo steel color on), but after I started I had trouble putting him down. I'm really happy with how he turned out, and with very little resistance as well. I had trouble with the eyes. I would have preferred a "normal" straight ahead stare, but every time I filled the left eye it had him looking to his right. After three attempts with the same result I figured it was meant to be.

• By Xiwo Xerase
      This was originally not one a mini I planned to paint.  However, I got two in an auction lot and the base fits well with one of my few base stamps (in this case, the Happy Seppuku Stone Shore stamp) so... why not?

(click for larger versions)

This is the state she is in now.  She's been primed and a thin coat of Brown Liner (1 part Wash Medium, 1 part Brown Liner, 1 part water) has been painted on top to bring out details.  (I found a mold line I missed on the side of her knee and relined her legs with a thicker coat of Brown Liner, because I forgot the original mix.  The thicker mix is not likely to obscure detail when painting but it does make it harder to see in these pictures.  Oops.)

(Note to self: Get a non-grey background for these pictures in the future.)

I've decided her doublet, pants, boots, and gloves are leather.  Her doublet and pants are stitched in the front and are worn over more normal clothes.  (Both her doublet and pants have obvious stitching in the front and the alternative is undesirable in a family friendly environment.)  Her shirt includes her loose poofy sleeves.  (Which are probably good for a rogue since they mask the shape of her arms.)  I believe the most interesting detail missing from her store page is her knife holster on her left leg.

I wasn't entirely sure what to use for colors so I did a mockup using my paint program.  The knife in her holster will not be visible from this side but I included them to get an idea for how they would look.

(click for a larger version)

The current colors are: (all paints are Reaper MSP or Bones)
      Skin: Youthful Flesh Hair: Blond Hair Doublet, boots, and knife handles: Ruddy Leather Pants and gloves: Nut Brown Belt, stitches, and other leather accents: Leather Brown Shirt and sleeves: Dark Elf Skin Blades: This is one of the colors from the Blade Steel swatch Floor: Dungeon Grey  
      The focuses for this mini are her face, her hair, textures (leather and wood), and NMM for the metal bits.  Let's see how this goes.
    • By Guildenstern
      Been working pretty steadly though bad about keeping up pics!

Did these guys (mostly done) in January. They are GW minis from the Battle at Pelennor Fields Lords of the Ring starter set.

I started on these guys closer to end of the month, as well:

They're for my Luna Wolves, first guy is the Terminator sarge (which I'm painting along with some other terminators from the Burning of Prospero box set)

This guy is a resin cast Apothecary from FW I bought off ebay - he's got a pretty bad mold slip along one leg, but otherwise is a really cool model. I'm trying to paint his little vials and bottles to be more realistic like glass full of ... well, something. He has a lot of detail on him!

• Who's Online   42 Members, 3 Anonymous, 176 Guests (See full list)