Setting down to finish her up.  I worked on the base a bit today.  Then placed her on the mini to see how the progress looks.  She's not glued in yet.  I'm not really sure where to go from here.  I need to find some reference shots of mushrooms for @malefactus contribution to the base.  I'll gladly give recommendations considerations.  (Dang, just remembered I need to touch up the hair on her shoulder too)

Here's how she looks:

HF_Sana_13a.JPG.323f2d01d2c486e5341ff097b8d2222c.JPGHF_Sana_13b.JPG.3eac62ee8016ee82db2e0fb862dd1ffd.JPG

• Like 14

The base looks great ..the fur is amazing and she is rather gorgeous!

You mentioned a technic about the base, anything worth mentioning more about here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She looks awesome! The base is also cool. I think my basing is pretty stagnant (bark or cork and some tufts) so any pointers would be appreciated. Love the rocky look.

• Thanks 1

I'll try to piece together a little show and tell about how I did the base.  Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the process, so I'll have to start from scratch. 

• Like 4

Decided to call her done.  Her show off post is here.

For those that were looking for my basing post, I decided to show my progress photos on my Kid Barbarian here.  It should show most of the same steps I used in making this base.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Enjoy another rendition of 01608: Reaper 25th Anniversary - Diva the Blessed. Part of the Autumn palette series with NMM, Texture, and Effects. I know it's a great sculpt when I want to paint it again.

Enjoy! 

• By KingMob
      Enjoy another rendition of 01608: Reaper 25th Anniversary - Diva the Blessed. Part of the Autumn palette series with NMM, Texture, and Effects. I know it's a great sculpt when I want to paint it again.

• By Smokestack
      Kickstarter is now Live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hfminis/kev-white-does-matt-dixon-female-fantasy-miniature/description

From their facebook page

"For those of you who have missed our newsletter teases, yes, we are dipping our toe in the Kickstarter waters. And yes it will be very soon, in fact as soon as I've finished up the last of the image work.
      More information will come but the basic gist is that it is for a themed set of miniatures based on Matt Dixon artwork.
      Not only has Matt done his usual pin-up style for us but has also helped us out with some 'Winter' variants and on top of that I've gone and ruined his beautiful art by drawing nudity over the top of it for our 'Skyclad' variants :)
      The Kickstarter will initially be for 4 fantasy females, each with their 3 variants (so 12 minis in total) and 'hopefully' we'll go from there. We have artwork for a number of other females, plus 1 male and a few 'add on's, so we'll see how it goes :)
      This is a pretty big chunk of Kev's time, hence the Kickstarter to gauge interest, and for those of you who aren't into Fantasy, don't worry, we'll be running HF as usual, including releases, while Kev is busy with Kickstarter business :)?

In the comments this is supposed to start this Sunday.

Not sure if ut will only be metal or if they will offer their resin ones as well.
    • By KingMob
      Oh that Werner, he's done it again! Let me introduce you to Vanja, the Fire Giant Queen - original size. She's a great size for an Ogre and as a Player Character. Bones once again! Great level of detail allows so much to be done to bring life to the face. Her armor reminds me of my SCA rig. 

Autumn hue, same palette as the Huge variation posted earlier. Underpainting/sketching used before paint. Plus! Pushed contrast. (Something a little bird taught me.)

Gonna paint another. 

Enjoy.

• By KingMob
      For your viewing pleasure is Vanja, the Fire Giant Queen - without that hot, itchy cloak. The spot for her cloak was filled in and sculpted with Green Stuff to match her muscular anatomy. 

Bones, Basil! Bones! I am continually impressed with the Bones medium. High detail, resilient, and inexpensive. She is going into my Orcs and Goblins Oldhammer Army. 

Enjoy.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)