Setting down to finish her up.  I worked on the base a bit today.  Then placed her on the mini to see how the progress looks.  She's not glued in yet.  I'm not really sure where to go from here.  I need to find some reference shots of mushrooms for @malefactus contribution to the base.  I'll gladly give recommendations considerations.  (Dang, just remembered I need to touch up the hair on her shoulder too)

Here's how she looks:

HF_Sana_13a.JPG.323f2d01d2c486e5341ff097b8d2222c.JPGHF_Sana_13b.JPG.3eac62ee8016ee82db2e0fb862dd1ffd.JPG

• Like 14

The base looks great ..the fur is amazing and she is rather gorgeous!

You mentioned a technic about the base, anything worth mentioning more about here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She looks awesome! The base is also cool. I think my basing is pretty stagnant (bark or cork and some tufts) so any pointers would be appreciated. Love the rocky look.

• Thanks 1

I'll try to piece together a little show and tell about how I did the base.  Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the process, so I'll have to start from scratch. 

• Like 4

Decided to call her done.  Her show off post is here.

For those that were looking for my basing post, I decided to show my progress photos on my Kid Barbarian here.  It should show most of the same steps I used in making this base.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By giyomuSan
      So I was looking at my minis box yesterday and decide that it may be wise to get them done ! haha , like kid who want to cake and mother saying you will get another one when you finish the first one haha.

Anyway I though I just do an ongoing wip, self motivation ( well actually I am quite motivate to get those in shape ).

Primed couple minis so they are ready for paint ( minus the 2 Cmon one since I need to get some putty on those to cover the obvious seam du to the assembly ).

And I am going to start with those bad girls...actually Raging Heroes box I ordered , finally get onto glue all those parts , they are really super small ! Kinda like Wizkids size if not worse lol , well for those at last.

The darksword frogs are for a new scene / vignette but I will paint the figure first this time and worry about the vignette after :D..

Have to think about my color scheme for those lust elves now , I and I think I will get onto dark purple / blue tone for clothings and more pale skin / wolf grey kind of mix maybe for the skin..
      This time since that's a set I will try to paint them in batch so I keep color somewhat homogeneous between them.

Well I guess I have a paint schedule for couple week coming :D...
    • By giyomuSan
      Hi guys, so just because I love touching everything haha and to cut a bit form painting ( though almost finish with the reaper beast champion paint :)...)..I started to mess with clay stuff ..quite fun actually haha.

I have no idea how this will end up anyway and that's ok for me to fail , that's just for practice and such and get a feel for it.
      I started trying to do some kind of carnivore plant things ( also looking at a thread here  for a step octopus like sculpt so just trying to avoid the "anatomy" things for now..)

I may have some trouble with lower jaw..did nothing to support it but hmm will see xD..

• By Werewolvians
      I had fund painting this one. ( I was watching "Point Break" as I painted it) Not that that is related in anyway to how I painted it. Just thought I'd mention it.

• By SGHawkins09
      I painted Stonehaven’s Halfling Berserker to use as my gnome barbarian D&D character. It was a fairly quick paint job for me, only a few hours. I had finished everything but the metallics a few months ago and kept forgetting to finish her up. 

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)