I'll echo everyone else, the face/eyes are really nice, you are off to a fantastic start!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

Also, you guys got to fill me in:  What's the deal with these Google hangouts that I've been hearing about?  Is this a Reaper forum get-together and paint party?

Yes, there's a thread for it too. Log in, hang out, have fun, paint, talk. It's pretty cool. 

• Like 2

Also, you guys got to fill me in: What's the deal with these Google hangouts that I've been hearing about? Is this a Reaper forum get-together and paint party?

Yes, there's a thread for it too. Log in, hang out, have fun, paint, talk. It's pretty cool.
Thread and link pinned in off topic rampancy.

Lots of fun, and motivational too.

Instant feedback available, and some alleged humor as well. ..

• Like 3

Finally made some more progress on her skin.  It's not completely finished, I only blended up to her 1st highlight.  Hopefully I will be more consistent with painting her up.  

post-12625-0-70048400-1470101622.jpg

• Like 17

Try adding some slight glazes of different colors to the skin in the shadows like red, green, blue, or purple depending on what you see her ethnicity to be and the temperature.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

Looks like a great candidate for the old L2PK3 technique!

https://cashwiley.com/2013/02/18/tyden-barbarian/

Tyden_1.JPG

Oh yeah, don't forget to highlight the underboob a bit. Doesn't make sense in reality, but it's straight-up rule-of-cool, makes the mini look better. Maybe sexist, but hey...scalemail bikini.

• Like 3

I like her a lot.

So what kind of cape will she be wearing?

*** Better not be Wolf fur or a date will be out of the question***

• Like 2

Looks like a great candidate for the old L2PK3 technique!

https://cashwiley.com/2013/02/18/tyden-barbarian/

Tyden_1.JPG

Oh yeah, don't forget to highlight the underboob a bit. Doesn't make sense in reality, but it's straight-up rule-of-cool, makes the mini look better. Maybe sexist, but hey...scalemail bikini.

Oh yeah, I'll match your L2PK3 with mine:

post-12625-0-75501000-1470170800_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Try adding some slight glazes of different colors to the skin in the shadows like red, green, blue, or purple depending on what you see her ethnicity to be and the temperature.

Good suggestion, I was waiting till after higher/highest highlight to decide which direction to take the deepest shadows. The shadows already have RMS Mahogany Brown (a reddish brown), but I thought that too drastic for a smooth transition.  I like the glaze idea, so i'll have to think on that.

I like her a lot.

So what kind of cape will she be wearing?

*** Better not be Wolf fur or a date will be out of the question***

A Fur cape.  Though I'm not locked into what beast yet.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bblythe84
      So I painted her as my player character in an upcoming game, the tricky thing was that she had some pretty bad burn scars. I tried to paint a burn scar on her shoulder holding the wand, I am not sure how well it came out.

As always let me know what you all think of her.

I feel I should also apologize for the photo quality, I am trying to get something set up for decent pictures. 

• By Adeael Grey
      Had a lot of fun painting this.

• By Patrik Strom
      This is my version of Grond from Hasslefree Miniatures. I've had the figure for a while but never got around to him. I can't really tell why I picked him up now (might have been that I wanted something to try my Valejo steel color on), but after I started I had trouble putting him down. I'm really happy with how he turned out, and with very little resistance as well. I had trouble with the eyes. I would have preferred a "normal" straight ahead stare, but every time I filled the left eye it had him looking to his right. After three attempts with the same result I figured it was meant to be.

• By Xiwo Xerase
      This was originally not one a mini I planned to paint.  However, I got two in an auction lot and the base fits well with one of my few base stamps (in this case, the Happy Seppuku Stone Shore stamp) so... why not?

(click for larger versions)

This is the state she is in now.  She's been primed and a thin coat of Brown Liner (1 part Wash Medium, 1 part Brown Liner, 1 part water) has been painted on top to bring out details.  (I found a mold line I missed on the side of her knee and relined her legs with a thicker coat of Brown Liner, because I forgot the original mix.  The thicker mix is not likely to obscure detail when painting but it does make it harder to see in these pictures.  Oops.)

(Note to self: Get a non-grey background for these pictures in the future.)

I've decided her doublet, pants, boots, and gloves are leather.  Her doublet and pants are stitched in the front and are worn over more normal clothes.  (Both her doublet and pants have obvious stitching in the front and the alternative is undesirable in a family friendly environment.)  Her shirt includes her loose poofy sleeves.  (Which are probably good for a rogue since they mask the shape of her arms.)  I believe the most interesting detail missing from her store page is her knife holster on her left leg.

I wasn't entirely sure what to use for colors so I did a mockup using my paint program.  The knife in her holster will not be visible from this side but I included them to get an idea for how they would look.

(click for a larger version)

The current colors are: (all paints are Reaper MSP or Bones)
      Skin: Youthful Flesh Hair: Blond Hair Doublet, boots, and knife handles: Ruddy Leather Pants and gloves: Nut Brown Belt, stitches, and other leather accents: Leather Brown Shirt and sleeves: Dark Elf Skin Blades: This is one of the colors from the Blade Steel swatch Floor: Dungeon Grey  
      The focuses for this mini are her face, her hair, textures (leather and wood), and NMM for the metal bits.  Let's see how this goes.
    • By Guildenstern
      Been working pretty steadly though bad about keeping up pics!

Did these guys (mostly done) in January. They are GW minis from the Battle at Pelennor Fields Lords of the Ring starter set.

I started on these guys closer to end of the month, as well:

They're for my Luna Wolves, first guy is the Terminator sarge (which I'm painting along with some other terminators from the Burning of Prospero box set)

This guy is a resin cast Apothecary from FW I bought off ebay - he's got a pretty bad mold slip along one leg, but otherwise is a really cool model. I'm trying to paint his little vials and bottles to be more realistic like glass full of ... well, something. He has a lot of detail on him!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 146 Guests (See full list)