haldir

Looking at getting a d&d5 game going

116 posts in this topic

when are you planning on playing?  And any thoughts on using roll20?

when are you planning on playing? And any thoughts on using roll20?

Pretty sure it's a play by post on here just like other games in "The Playing"

1 person likes this

Heh, heh, heh.  I have no damage dealing spells. (cantrips are not spells).  I'm going support/utility all the way.  (at least to start)  Is there anyone else going to handle locks and such.  I'm proficient with thieves tools but I don't start with them.

ETA: What kind of campaign world are we in?  Faerun, Greyhawk, Homebrew.  I'm just trying to write in some specifics for my backstory.

ETA2: rough draft https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1-REnjziMQjNhMzVCblY4RDg

2 people like this

It'll be here. I gave Roll20 a thought but in the end every game I've ran here has worked so why change it.

It'll be Fearun. Might as well use the material as is in adventure. Thou I may change up artwork & such (ie goblins being paizo ones etc etc).

2 people like this

Mind if I mash up two of the Backgrounds? I'm thinking Cloistered Scholar, but with the skills from Investigator. To be known as: the Collections Department.

1 person likes this

My guy is an entertainer all the way, his only goal is to tell the greatest story ever

Alright, here's a first draft at my character. First 5E character and I'm working without a book, so please let me know if it looks like I missed anything :blush:

I have to say, I can definitely appreciate some of the changes from 3.5e to 5e. Character creation was more streamlined (and I imagine far friendlier to someone new to RPGs) and the personality/ideal/bond/flaw component encourages a more fully conceptualized character. The interplay of background, race, and class is quite nice as well. I appreciate also that every class appears to have some choices during advancement; while I favor slightly more flexibility in class design (e.g. Pathfinder's rogue talents), the way they've done it allows for a reasonably wide variety of character types while not overwhelming players with options. Not bad on the whole...now to see how it plays!

1 person likes this

Mind if I mash up two of the Backgrounds? I'm thinking Cloistered Scholar, but with the skills from Investigator. To be known as: the Collections Department.

btw go for it!!

1 person likes this

Just read you character Vil. Looks good. I may just need to sneak a peek at that journal you have though. You never know what knowledge can come in handy...

2 people like this

Ok, overlooked Vil's character & I see nothing wrong with it. Nice concept. Ok as I updated the first post but here's the party:

Adventure Party:

Knightyknight - Dragonborn Bard
ub3r_n3rd - Human Barbarian
Vil-Hatarn - wood elf monk
TGP - aacockra ranger
Dilvish - high elf wizard

Am I missing anyone? I know I said 5 but if someone posted a character before today's date (8/4/16) I'll let yah in. Also, Edz16, you want in? You posted but didn't give any character details.

2 people like this

Also since I have your attention & this of course will be 5e test sub err group for RCon this year. What is everyone's opinion on the Warforged that was released in the Unearthed Arcana pdf? As I base my pregens for RCon off Reaper minis I'd like to use one of the not-Warforged that Reaper makes, mainly either the Tin man or Battleguard golem.

Figured I'm gonna have a mouseling pregen, might as well go for WF as well ::):

1 person likes this

Also since I have your attention & this of course will be 5e test sub err group for RCon this year. What is everyone's opinion on the Warforged that was released in the Unearthed Arcana pdf? As I base my pregens for RCon off Reaper minis I'd like to use one of the not-Warforged that Reaper makes, mainly either the Tin man or Battleguard golem.

Figured I'm gonna have a mouseling pregen, might as well go for WF as well ::):

I've not looked over the Warforged yet, but everything in UA has been very balanced with the rest of the system so I'd see no problems having them in a game that I ran.

1 person likes this

I'll look at it again and let you know what I think.

1 person likes this