haldir

Looking at getting a d&d5 game going

when are you planning on playing? And any thoughts on using roll20?

Pretty sure it's a play by post on here just like other games in "The Playing"

• Like 1

Heh, heh, heh.  I have no damage dealing spells. (cantrips are not spells).  I'm going support/utility all the way.  (at least to start)  Is there anyone else going to handle locks and such.  I'm proficient with thieves tools but I don't start with them.

ETA: What kind of campaign world are we in?  Faerun, Greyhawk, Homebrew.  I'm just trying to write in some specifics for my backstory.

ETA2: rough draft https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1-REnjziMQjNhMzVCblY4RDg

• Like 2

It'll be here. I gave Roll20 a thought but in the end every game I've ran here has worked so why change it.

It'll be Fearun. Might as well use the material as is in adventure. Thou I may change up artwork & such (ie goblins being paizo ones etc etc).

• Like 2

Mind if I mash up two of the Backgrounds? I'm thinking Cloistered Scholar, but with the skills from Investigator. To be known as: the Collections Department.

• Like 1

I have to say, I can definitely appreciate some of the changes from 3.5e to 5e. Character creation was more streamlined (and I imagine far friendlier to someone new to RPGs) and the personality/ideal/bond/flaw component encourages a more fully conceptualized character. The interplay of background, race, and class is quite nice as well. I appreciate also that every class appears to have some choices during advancement; while I favor slightly more flexibility in class design (e.g. Pathfinder's rogue talents), the way they've done it allows for a reasonably wide variety of character types while not overwhelming players with options. Not bad on the whole...now to see how it plays!

• Like 1

Mind if I mash up two of the Backgrounds? I'm thinking Cloistered Scholar, but with the skills from Investigator. To be known as: the Collections Department.

btw go for it!!

• Like 1

Ok, overlooked Vil's character & I see nothing wrong with it. Nice concept. Ok as I updated the first post but here's the party:

Adventure Party:

Knightyknight - Dragonborn Bard
ub3r_n3rd - Human Barbarian
Vil-Hatarn - wood elf monk
TGP - aacockra ranger
Dilvish - high elf wizard

Am I missing anyone? I know I said 5 but if someone posted a character before today's date (8/4/16) I'll let yah in. Also, Edz16, you want in? You posted but didn't give any character details.

• Like 2

Also since I have your attention & this of course will be 5e test sub err group for RCon this year. What is everyone's opinion on the Warforged that was released in the Unearthed Arcana pdf? As I base my pregens for RCon off Reaper minis I'd like to use one of the not-Warforged that Reaper makes, mainly either the Tin man or Battleguard golem.

Figured I'm gonna have a mouseling pregen, might as well go for WF as well ::):

• Like 1

Also since I have your attention & this of course will be 5e test sub err group for RCon this year. What is everyone's opinion on the Warforged that was released in the Unearthed Arcana pdf? As I base my pregens for RCon off Reaper minis I'd like to use one of the not-Warforged that Reaper makes, mainly either the Tin man or Battleguard golem.

Figured I'm gonna have a mouseling pregen, might as well go for WF as well ::):

I've not looked over the Warforged yet, but everything in UA has been very balanced with the rest of the system so I'd see no problems having them in a game that I ran.

• Like 1