BlazingTornado

LFMini: Muscular snakeman (with legs)?

Topic says most of it. Trying to find a snakeman/yuan-ti/serpentfolk/etc miniature that's muscular and with legs. Preferably with a bare (or slightly armored) chest and no cobra-style cowl...

Best visual aid I can think of is this snake guy from the 2000s MOTU cartoon.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/MegaGearX/200X%20Screen%20Grabs/Screenshot2012-02-06at55729PM.png

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/MegaGearX/200X%20Screen%20Grabs/200X-Rattlor.jpg

Cheers!

Might have better luck modding a croc snoot into a snakeface... This guy:

LE-05.jpg

isn't too far away from that character round the torso, and some creative greenstuffing might make the neck and tail work.

The Darklands minis also have the Krokondar, who are pretty close:

mrm_dkl_kth_kro_min_104_000_01_medium.pn

Again, as long as you don't mind fiddling. They have snake people, too, but none of them have legs...

Lots of good crocodiles, tho. Might be your best bet.

• Like 2

Reaper's older lizardman models have a more serpent-like appearance without all the extra ridges and bony bits that would make for a more crocodilian appearance.

Do a search in the store for "lizardman." You'll even find some of the older models in Bones.

EDIT: Very snake-like face right here.

Edited by Bruunwald
  • Like 1

If you really want the extremely muscular look you may want to try and track down the painter's edition version of the mageknight draconum whelp. Super muscular, has legs, wears only shoulder armor, chains and a loin cloth. But it is tailless.

• Like 1

Topic says most of it. Trying to find a snakeman/yuan-ti/serpentfolk/etc miniature that's muscular and with legs. Preferably with a bare (or slightly armored) chest and no cobra-style cowl...

Best visual aid I can think of is this snake guy from the 2000s MOTU cartoon.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/MegaGearX/200X%20Screen%20Grabs/Screenshot2012-02-06at55729PM.png

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj35/MegaGearX/200X%20Screen%20Grabs/200X-Rattlor.jpg

Cheers!

Bushido - Ito Clan - Akimoto

He does have a cobra style cowl though...

Maybe convert ?

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 2

Cool suggestions, sadly I'm a terrible sculptor even at action figure scales so there's no way I could mod a crocoman or a lizardman into a snakeman.

Sadly, that Bushido snakeman only has a snake head, and I'm seeking more of a full-body-scales snakeman...

Are there perhaps any reptilemen minis that wear full helmets? Given the character it's going to represent is a gladiator, that might be a workaround for me....

Maybe the Histath, from Forge of Ice would suit you?

IF you can get into contact with the guy behind that company...

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2016/03/forge-of-ice-new-denizens-of-azor.html

That is a really cool legged snakeman! Sadly too lean for the kind of physically imposing gladiatorial champion I'm aiming for.

Basically he'd be less a cobraman and more an anacondaman.

as far as snakemen go, this reaper guy is pretty big n' buff:

02935_G.jpg

02935: Snakeman Champion

He is quite cool but I'm looking for something with legs, not a tail lower body.

• Like 1

Oops! I missed the "with legs" part, somehow. my bad. fail.

you know..... why don't you ask Primeval (the forum member) to make one? He plans on putting a bunch of snakemen minis in his next KS, and a buff gladiator snakeman with legs sounds....barbarically awesome (heck MOTU is basically about a barbarian, Primeval's B&B).

sooooooo, pitch it to him :upside: .

if you want it fast, though, how about a "jade salamander" from antimatter games?

you might have to carve off the ridge, but it is decently close.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 2

Maybe take a look at Mantic's Salamanders for Kings of War. They may not have the head you're looking for, but I'd bet that the head is a separate part of the mini and could be easily replaced with the head of something more snake-like that doesn't fit the other criteria. Or a fully helmeted head. I'd just be a small bit worried about scale, because I want to say they're 20mm scale.

• Like 2

Maybe take a look at Mantic's Salamanders for Kings of War. They may not have the head you're looking for, but I'd bet that the head is a separate part of the mini and could be easily replaced with the head of something more snake-like that doesn't fit the other criteria. Or a fully helmeted head. I'd just be a small bit worried about scale, because I want to say they're 20mm scale.

Heads are definitely separate, and they're on a ball joint.  They're 28mm, and rather bulky...about the size of Warhammer Orcs.

• Like 1

Oops! I missed the "with legs" part, somehow. my bad. fail.

you know..... why don't you ask Primeval (the forum member) to make one? He plans on putting a bunch of snakemen minis in his next KS, and a buff gladiator snakeman with legs sounds....barbarically awesome (heck MOTU is basically about a barbarian, Primeval's B&B).

sooooooo, pitch it to him :upside: .

if you want it fast, though, how about a "jade salamander" from antimatter games?

you might have to carve off the ridge, but it is decently close.

"Muscular"...."Snakeman"...*Primeval summoning successful*

I do already plan a few snakemen, probably with snake lower body and with human lower body both. The lore I have in mind will have both - the ones with legs match with the Robert E Howard snakemen, and I just plain think the ones with snake bodies are awesome :)   But yeah, that won't be fast - probably not until early next year the way things look now.

I do have another suggestion, that might take a little work but Blood Moon Miniatures made some awesome snakemen with snake bodies - however the torso is very muscular and could be cut off and attached to legs if you wanted.

serpentmen1.jpg

I have these, the one on the left has a torso that might work for you.

Another idea is just to take a snake head and put it on a barbarian - I did that with this Zvezda orc (admittedly ogre sized, but you get  the idea...)

10614249_534674450002713_129989953948321

Edited by primeval
  • Like 3

That's pretty cool, I look forward to what you come up with for your kickstarter Primeval!

Regarding conversions, I'm pretty new to this hobby and have always been really clumsy so I'm uncertain about undertaking that task...

Wouldn't doing this leave the body a bit lacking in scales though?

That being said Anval Thricedamned'd be a pretty boss base to start with if I were...