SamuraiJack

Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536984495/egyptian-dungeon-game-tiles?ref=category_newest

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment : Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles. (D&D compatible)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

About this project

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment :Egyptian dungeon.

Why invest in this tile set? Because we care about instilling optimal immersion to our RPGs. We wanted to create the perfect gaming tiles for ourselves, and now feel that they are worth sharing.

Our original design is therefore unique, intricate and fully custom-built. Further, our sandstone material stands out both in feel and in receptiveness to washes and custom painting.

Our gaming tiles are based on the 25mm squares system in use by the industry, which makes them compatible with most gaming tiles available for tabletop RPGs, like D&D and Pathfinder. We are open to your ideas and plan on releasing more, unique custom designs going forward, while respecting the tiles you may already own.

Made with our personal recipe of very hard sandstone, these will last aeons - and tiny surface bubbles give every single one of these tiles a unique time-worn look. The tiles are ready to be used out-of-the-box or can be rapidly washed with diluted brown paint to obtain a darker, old-stone look.

We are the designers and the manufacturers, so there are no middle men - which means lower chances of delay. This also means you have a direct line of communication with the heart of the project and we are very receptive to customization ideas and requests.

217c6add28a92e4955d9e4ec4e2e6f0c_origina

Here are examples of the final product and what you will be able to do with some diluted paint (a dirt wash):

1bc5428658210baa6a51d9eaaa5e5d2a_origina

And here's a fresh, out-of-the-box tile (sandstone) :

2b89e3f62c5e8fbd0b397d7c2b733cff_origina

Here are the tiles contained in a set :

8 corner walls, 4 diagonal walls, 4 sliding door sockets with 4 doors, 8 walls, 4 square ground tiles, 2 square ground tiles with columns, 4 half-width ground tiles, 3 straight corridors, 1 corner corridor, 1 T-junction corridor and one staircase entrance.

00d8fe42eeab2bdec47240d25728e89d_originaT-junction is missing from this picture

5a9689840ddfd167644eb0797d204de7_origina

We wanted to feel the Egyptian vibe in our D&D games and decided to build a fully immersive environment, with custom original designs. The quest to build the perfect visual support for our games led us to examples from Egyptian art. There's nothing better than the real thing, so we decided to use authentic Egyptians statues and coffins as inspirations for the stretch goals.

ad2336cd219147d2d1976a31bf25cc97_origina

I might remind... it's a decent price, but of limited use. One core, maybe.

known risks from first time producers.

I'm asking them to clarify if they're doing things in-house, or with a third party - basically to justify their delivery time-frame.

what materials they are, anticipated shipping  of a core set to locations they ship (they list only available to some countries, but not which)

if they can take photos with 1 core set. and if they have other common tiles that they can take photos of with their own product to see how it matches.
We'll see how they answer.

• Like 5

I'd really like a set of these, or maybe even two, but I'm a little leery of first-timers. So, eh. Debatin'. Would very much like to know the answers to lexomatic's questions.

• Like 1

I surprisingly actually like this product. Also, love the look of piles of sand surrounding the tiles in the video, very atmospheric.

But I too am very extremely cautious about first time Kickstarters. So for now I'll just star it and watch what happens.

Having no money makes it easier to hold off for the moment though.

• Like 1

I noticed the shipping prices are pretty high too, so while the CAD exchange is good it still gets pretty expensive with the shipping.  I think it was $30 for 1, $50 for two, etc to US. 

• Like 1

Looks interesting. The just a wash and they should look decent thing is certainly a plus.

No international shipping? So much for that.  ::(:

• Like 1

wouldn't mind a few of the pieces, as diorama backdrops, but a whole set is too much for me, and there's the 'no shipping across the pond' thing...

• Like 1

So...I got answers, which I'm paraphrasing below.

They are doing things in house and claim they can do about 200 core sets a month

The product is a molded sandstone, which probably explains the shipping costs

They aren't opposed to international shipping but... individual shipping is pretty expensive

they don't have any other brand tiles, but are taking note for being able to show compatibility in future.

They've staggered waves and limited the amount of pledges to handle potential volume.

There will be photos showing what the various pledges will get you.

I think probably I'm going to pass on this, but maybe I'll get a few addons if that's an option.

They were pretty quick to answer. I hope this works out for everyone.

I think it's pretty safe that they will meat their funding goal, being less than 1 pledge away and still 30 days to go.

• Like 5

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

• Like 2

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

well said.

International shipping is a beast, and the costs involved grow exponentially.

• Like 1

So what exactly is molded sandstone?  Is it fragile compared to dwarven forge or the secret weapon mines?

My guess would be some variation on dental plaster or resin. If they are then they might survive being dropped a few times, but nothing like the pvc stuff that you can throw against a brick wall as hard as you can with no worries.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/zombicide-green-horde/ 

Zombicide: Green Horde is a cooperative board game for 1 to 6 players that is both a standalone game, and fully compatible with Zombicide: Black Plague and its expansions! Players control a party of medieval fantasy survivors as they fight to rid the land of an invasion of zombie orcs controlled by the game itself. Survivors find weapons, learn spells, battle zombies, and gain experience. The more experienced they get, the more powerful they become, but the more zombies rise to face them!

Zombicide: Green Horde expands upon the fantasy universe introduced by Zombicide: Black Plague. A new group of Survivors of different species will bring their unique expertise to the fight against the undead armies threatening to crush the kingdom. As they explore the ravaged villages, Survivors gather all manner of equipment to aid them in their quest. From swords, hammers, bows, and armor, to magic scrolls and flasks of dragon bile! All of that equipment is neatly displayed in each Survivor's plastic dashboard, with appropriate slots for each type of card, as well as trackers for wounds, skills, and experience.

Some of the equipment in Green Horde have a special synergy with other equipment. For example, carrying a Norse Sword is certainly not bad at all. However, it will become a lot more effective, rolling 2 extra dice, if you also manage to equip a Norse Shield on your other hand!

The Survivors will need to be well prepared to deal with the new menace they'll face: Orc Zombies! When the black plague hit the orc tribes, it spread like wildfire, creating a swarm of undead brutes. Orc zombies are stronger than their human counterparts, being able to tear apart the most resilient of Survivors. An attack from an Orc Walker deals 2 wounds, while the attack of an Orc Fatty or Abomination deals a whopping 3 wounds! The little Goblin Runners only deal 1 Wound per attack, but they are fast and numerous, so don't judge them by their size. And finally, while the Orc Necromancer is not very deadly in itself, you'll want to eliminate it quickly, as its powers bring even more Orc Zombies onto the board. As lethal as the Orc Zombies are, probably the scariest thing about them is their ability to launch surprise attacks by unleashing an overwhelming horde against the Survivors. Every time an Orc Zombie spawn card is drawn, one extra zombie of the indicated type is added to a "Horde area" outside the board. As the game progresses, players will watch with dread as the looming threat of the horde grows in number, just out of sight. When an "Enter the Horde!" card is drawn, all miniatures in the Horde area are placed in the spawning Zone. The situation just got a lot more dire!

To give them a fighting chance against the green horde, the Survivors have gotten their hands on a mighty trebuchet! This ingenious catapult can hurl all manner of payloads across great distances, striking powerful blows against the undead invaders. This siege engine is extremely difficult to operate, requiring 3 actions to either push it to the next zone, or to fire it against the enemy. However, the Trebuchet can fire at any zone in the game (and even against the looming Horde), with no regard to distance or line of sight. Survivors can also choose among 3 types of ammunition to use, from a scattershot that can decimate a swarm of Walkers, to a boulder that can kill an Abomination if aimed right!

Zombicide: Green Horde expands the action into the outskirts of the kingdom, where the villages blend with picturesque crops and hedges. The crops have withered in the abandoned villages, and some streets are flooded with the irrigation water, but these features create new challenges and opportunities for Survivors. Waterhole zones slow down the Survivors (and douse Dragon Fire), but some of their edges are steep ledges that Zombies are unable to climb out of, forcing them to make a detour while you run for safety. Hedges block line of sight, but not movement, allowing Survivors to play a dangerous game of hide and seek with the Zombies (however, you never know what might be waiting on the other side of a hedge).

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamenightlife/gnl-mats?ref=category_newest

About this project

GameNightLife is a small group of gaming enthusiasts. We really are that scrappy, upstart startup that you think about: no marketing team, no "social media experts," no businesspeople. Just a few people who have so much fun with tabletop gaming that we want to share it with the world.
      So, because of that, we're happy to finally be able to give everyone something we always wanted---a gaming tile that:
      Can cover any size or shape table. Works with any kind of marker. Cleans up easily and quickly. Withstands spills and "snackccidents." Lets you have a proper chase scene. Doesn't slide around on the table. Is affordable.  

This whole project is simple and to-the-point, the way we think gaming stuff should be.
      Our Goal:
      We're asking for $50,000 because that is the absolute minimum required for a production run. The factory can't make these for a reasonable price without the massive order.
      We know that many people have voiced a desire for a mat like this, so we feel confident that we will meet our goal.
      We are even more confident in our ability to deliver the product in a timely manner (possibly even ahead of schedule). The production facility is ready to start as soon as the Kickstarter concludes. Production will take 1 to 2 months, depending on the size of our order. Shipping is expected to take about 4 weeks (literally depending on weather, and other factors, including the size of the order)
    • By SamuraiJack

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1946588239/super-chibi-round-3?ref=hero_thanks

What's Super Chibi Round 3? It's the next step in the Super Chibi miniatures line. What is Super Chibi? It's a shared universe that spans four interesting worlds, created by MidKnight Heroes. Each world has its own style and flare but is 100% pure Chibi. The Super Chibi worlds have everything from mecha and cyborgs to monsters and fantasy.

Super Chibi are HQ 30mm multi-part resin miniatures they can be used for board games, role-playing games or simply collector's pieces. The sky is the limit!

The Super Chibi Round 3 Kickstarter introduces three more characters from the worlds in the Super Chibi universe. These characters are from the world of Super Chibi Sector 7 and Super Chibi Tacticts, and can be used in any board game or Role Playing Game. In this Kickstarter, we are asking for help in creating these three new characters; Shin, Absolute Valentine and Deyanni. This Kickstarter will cover the expense of taking them from their mastered sculpts to the mold and casting process and help in providing us with funds to help produce additional figures, with an aim to populate the worlds of Super Chibi.

Just like in all our Kickstarter's we will be including a book in Super Chibi Round 3, Super Chibi Origins. This time, it will tell the stories of our three main characters in their respective worlds.The book will include two short stories that will explain the world of Super Chibi Sector 7 and Super Chibi Tactics. Just like all of our books, it will be published by MONOLITH and after the Kickstarter will be sold on their site.

• By Anne
      Hi, I'm pleased to share this awesome kickstarter from Cryptozoic, The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary. It's based off the AMC series The Walking Dead. I apologize I should have posted this sooner, just been very busy. But there are still 5 days left to join, and I think it's totally worth it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no-sanctuary

The game design looks intriguing, designed by brothers Adam and Brady Sadler. The figures are exceptional, very finely detailed and sculpted by Stephan. I was really impressed how well they came out.
      I was asked to paint some of the masters for Cryptozoic for their booths at San Diego Comic Con and Gen Con 2016. As a huge fan of the series both on AMC and in graphic novel incarnation, this is a really exciting project!

Also check it out, this is so cool! The very talented actors Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Norman Reedus (Daryl), with two of the miniatures I painted! I believe they were gifted the ones with the larger clear bases. How totally awesome of them is that? I can die happy now :)

https://twitter.com/cryptozoic/status/756988054590533632

I posted some photos I took of the miniatures I painted here:

http://minicreatures.blogspot.com/

Come join an awesome kckstarter!
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)