SamuraiJack

Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536984495/egyptian-dungeon-game-tiles?ref=category_newest

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment : Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles. (D&D compatible)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

About this project

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment :Egyptian dungeon.

Why invest in this tile set? Because we care about instilling optimal immersion to our RPGs. We wanted to create the perfect gaming tiles for ourselves, and now feel that they are worth sharing.

Our original design is therefore unique, intricate and fully custom-built. Further, our sandstone material stands out both in feel and in receptiveness to washes and custom painting.

Our gaming tiles are based on the 25mm squares system in use by the industry, which makes them compatible with most gaming tiles available for tabletop RPGs, like D&D and Pathfinder. We are open to your ideas and plan on releasing more, unique custom designs going forward, while respecting the tiles you may already own.

Made with our personal recipe of very hard sandstone, these will last aeons - and tiny surface bubbles give every single one of these tiles a unique time-worn look. The tiles are ready to be used out-of-the-box or can be rapidly washed with diluted brown paint to obtain a darker, old-stone look.

We are the designers and the manufacturers, so there are no middle men - which means lower chances of delay. This also means you have a direct line of communication with the heart of the project and we are very receptive to customization ideas and requests.

217c6add28a92e4955d9e4ec4e2e6f0c_origina

Here are examples of the final product and what you will be able to do with some diluted paint (a dirt wash):

1bc5428658210baa6a51d9eaaa5e5d2a_origina

And here's a fresh, out-of-the-box tile (sandstone) :

2b89e3f62c5e8fbd0b397d7c2b733cff_origina

Here are the tiles contained in a set :

8 corner walls, 4 diagonal walls, 4 sliding door sockets with 4 doors, 8 walls, 4 square ground tiles, 2 square ground tiles with columns, 4 half-width ground tiles, 3 straight corridors, 1 corner corridor, 1 T-junction corridor and one staircase entrance.

00d8fe42eeab2bdec47240d25728e89d_originaT-junction is missing from this picture

5a9689840ddfd167644eb0797d204de7_origina

We wanted to feel the Egyptian vibe in our D&D games and decided to build a fully immersive environment, with custom original designs. The quest to build the perfect visual support for our games led us to examples from Egyptian art. There's nothing better than the real thing, so we decided to use authentic Egyptians statues and coffins as inspirations for the stretch goals.

ad2336cd219147d2d1976a31bf25cc97_origina

I might remind... it's a decent price, but of limited use. One core, maybe.

known risks from first time producers.

I'm asking them to clarify if they're doing things in-house, or with a third party - basically to justify their delivery time-frame.

what materials they are, anticipated shipping  of a core set to locations they ship (they list only available to some countries, but not which)

if they can take photos with 1 core set. and if they have other common tiles that they can take photos of with their own product to see how it matches.
We'll see how they answer.

• Like 5

I'd really like a set of these, or maybe even two, but I'm a little leery of first-timers. So, eh. Debatin'. Would very much like to know the answers to lexomatic's questions.

• Like 1

I surprisingly actually like this product. Also, love the look of piles of sand surrounding the tiles in the video, very atmospheric.

But I too am very extremely cautious about first time Kickstarters. So for now I'll just star it and watch what happens.

Having no money makes it easier to hold off for the moment though.

• Like 1

I noticed the shipping prices are pretty high too, so while the CAD exchange is good it still gets pretty expensive with the shipping.  I think it was $30 for 1, $50 for two, etc to US. 

• Like 1

Looks interesting. The just a wash and they should look decent thing is certainly a plus.

No international shipping? So much for that.  ::(:

• Like 1

wouldn't mind a few of the pieces, as diorama backdrops, but a whole set is too much for me, and there's the 'no shipping across the pond' thing...

• Like 1

So...I got answers, which I'm paraphrasing below.

They are doing things in house and claim they can do about 200 core sets a month

The product is a molded sandstone, which probably explains the shipping costs

They aren't opposed to international shipping but... individual shipping is pretty expensive

they don't have any other brand tiles, but are taking note for being able to show compatibility in future.

They've staggered waves and limited the amount of pledges to handle potential volume.

There will be photos showing what the various pledges will get you.

I think probably I'm going to pass on this, but maybe I'll get a few addons if that's an option.

They were pretty quick to answer. I hope this works out for everyone.

I think it's pretty safe that they will meat their funding goal, being less than 1 pledge away and still 30 days to go.

• Like 5

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

• Like 2

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

well said.

International shipping is a beast, and the costs involved grow exponentially.

So what exactly is molded sandstone?  Is it fragile compared to dwarven forge or the secret weapon mines?

My guess would be some variation on dental plaster or resin. If they are then they might survive being dropped a few times, but nothing like the pvc stuff that you can throw against a brick wall as hard as you can with no worries.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      The Return of Cleopatra - 28mm Egyptian Miniatures, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1267315341/the-return-of-cleopatra-28mm-egyptian-miniatures

I see some stuff from @TaleSpinner!
    • By SamuraiJack
      This was originally scheduled to launch a year ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/illusionist/taloc-mayan-a-tabletop-rpg-with-miniature-terrain?ref=discovery

About
      Choose your pledge The peoples of the ancient Maya began to polarize, forming two primary factions, the clan Kukul and clan Tezca.  Named the EagleBearers and the Jaguars respectively, their totems and animal familiars gave them untold amounts of power in their death throes against each other.  
      The Below is not immune to the dealings of those in the Above, and as their genocidal struggles continued, a great imbalance was created that must be satisfied before the End of Days.
      The Twin Gods You will choose a side, and work to re-balance the inequities created by this epic conflict.  In doing so you will travel amid rough jungle paths, swim through dripping cenotes, and even traverse the Below yourself in your quest to set things right.... but the days are numbered and the dangers are real.  It's a race against the calendar as you take advantage of the Mayan peculiarities of the day count, their namesakes, and the powers that are granted you as time goes on.
      We are big believers in "Theater of the Mind" roleplaying at the game table.  Our RPGs are designed to support your favorite rules systems (5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Swords & Wizardry, BECMI, Cthulhu and more).  We also feel that miniature terrain adds to the suspension of disbelief that enables quality storytelling.  This is why our books support the AnySystem enhancement where QR codes throughout the book allow you to scan and download the stat blocks and rules of your choice, while you system independent folks can just use the book right as it is!  For an example of the AnySystem at work, you can visit www.DwarvenEpics.com and click on the Delverr's Keep adventure module.
      With custom dice, immersive storytelling, excellent DM props, quality terrain and solid design, we think your roleplaying games using the Taloc: Mayan setting will be a big hit on game night.
      We also enjoy developing game systems that lean toward free range storytelling.  You are welcome to download our Evolve RPG character sheets for the Taloc: Mayan game which have a unique feature where your character starts with 0 for all ability scores and zero skills, feats, or hindrances.  Using the Evolve RPG method of play, you earn your abilities and skills through excellent roleplaying demonstrated to the gamemaster.  As you perform, the GM will reward you with FATE tokens which you can spend to level up your character and earn your abilities and skills.  Try it out and let us know what you think!  We will post a free character sheet with a 2 page quickstart rulebook if you'd like to try it out.
       We are so pleased you would support our Taloc: Mayan campaign so we can deliver the best RPG sourcebooks for the ancient Mayan world.  Who knows what tales will emerge from the sunken cenotes of this jungle covered setting?  This sourcebook is one of many that we hope to deliver over the next few months so please support this first one and we will bring you even more content for this expansive realm.
      First of many planned supplements  Rich illustrations from leading artists will be included in the production of this storyline to deliver the best quality for you RPG group.
      Rich Artwork and Illustrations We have spent a lot of time investing in new creatures, archetypes and characters that you can play in the game.  These are available as 2D minis with stands for this kickstarter but in the future we hope to do so much more with them!  With your support we can.  Here are some of the archetypes we are working into the setting:
       We are pleased to celebrate the wonderful artwork of the inimitable Freddy Lopez who was the inspiration for all of our monsters and character archetypes.  Please support him and buy his prints!
      We are also pleased to have cover artwork by the inestimable Patrick Blaine who really set the tone for the project.  Please support him and his comics at Top Cow and other places where his art is featured.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiolevel/the-gardbuk-shrine-wargames-winter-complete-terrai?ref=discovery

About
      The GÅRDBÛK Shrine - it's a mysterious ruin with arcane,  esoteric  history.  Story tells of few beings who have returned from this frozen hell on earth, it seems that the souls of the ancient rulers live within its walls. Each of them must pay the debt to their god GARDBUK for the gift of afterlife, guard the secrets of their Lord's temple from dusk to dawn and kill all daredevils who cross the frozen Bugk river.  Only those whoare foolish enoughor extremely bold toapproach the ruins deliberately, others only when they get lost in this extreme nature ice-bound and snow-covered forest wild.
      Would you dare to learn the secrets of Gardbuk? Will you risk the lives of your soldiers to get to know secrets hidden in the stone cellars of the ruins? Would you fight an epic battle with  ther daredevils who want to find this place , or are you just looking for wargaming winter terrain and frosty scenery?  If the latter is true, The Gardbuk Shrine is definitely for you. 
      Build your dream tabletop game board today with this high resolution, premium printed mousepad gamemat and epic, handcrafted, fully painted StudioLevel terrain system. 

• By beefcake
      The second campaign for STL files for The Wizard's Tower is underway.

This version includes a Bridge and much more.
      2 Stretch Goals down, and the third to break soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-expansion-sets-printable-stl-fil?ref=creator_nav

Thanks.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/701587775/fantasy-facades-by-bannerless-builds?ref=discovery

About
      Bannerless Builds is the result of years of passion and study by our lead designer, Gregory Bowes, a lifetime gamer who studied theatre set design in university and worked with Shakespeare in the Park productions in Montreal.  
      Greg needed a solution for how much space the terrain collection he’d built over the years needed, and how long it took to set up. Inspiration came from an unlikely source; in his own words, “One night I was watching Blazing Saddles and the scene where they recreate the town near the end made a lot of sense to me, in that they had to do it quickly. At that point it all just clicked in my head.”  
      By applying his theatre experience to the tabletop, Greg was able to minimize the footprint of his scenery while sustaining his love for 3D terrain. As Greg puts it, “I fell in love with 3D gaming when I owned my own game store and used to play wargames with customers. I tend to think more creatively in 3D, one example was in a recent game when the bad guy was escaping from us, up some stairs while his minions kept us at bay. As the mage I blasted the stairs apart under him, causing him to fall.”
      This Kickstarter campaign is to bring you the first wave of Facades, Scenery and Terrain from Bannerless builds! 
      Now, with that all out of the way, let's check out how you can get some of the aforementioned Fantasy Facades:
       Sounds cool right? What makes it even better is that through PledgeManager, you're able to Add-On any item you like! Such as:
      Just add the Kickstarter Price amount of the item(s) you want to your pledge!  (please note the shipping cost per item!)
      (Please Note: Shown are a painted and unpainted version of each item. With the exception of "packs," you will receive one (1) unpainted item for each item purchased. Add-On Prices are in CAD, the exchange rate usually hovers around $1 CAD = $0.75 USD) 
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 7 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)