SamuraiJack

Fulfilling
Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

39 posts in this topic

About this project

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment :Egyptian dungeon.

Why invest in this tile set? Because we care about instilling optimal immersion to our RPGs. We wanted to create the perfect gaming tiles for ourselves, and now feel that they are worth sharing.

Our original design is therefore unique, intricate and fully custom-built. Further, our sandstone material stands out both in feel and in receptiveness to washes and custom painting.

Our gaming tiles are based on the 25mm squares system in use by the industry, which makes them compatible with most gaming tiles available for tabletop RPGs, like D&D and Pathfinder. We are open to your ideas and plan on releasing more, unique custom designs going forward, while respecting the tiles you may already own.

Made with our personal recipe of very hard sandstone, these will last aeons - and tiny surface bubbles give every single one of these tiles a unique time-worn look. The tiles are ready to be used out-of-the-box or can be rapidly washed with diluted brown paint to obtain a darker, old-stone look.

We are the designers and the manufacturers, so there are no middle men - which means lower chances of delay. This also means you have a direct line of communication with the heart of the project and we are very receptive to customization ideas and requests.

217c6add28a92e4955d9e4ec4e2e6f0c_origina

Here are examples of the final product and what you will be able to do with some diluted paint (a dirt wash):

1bc5428658210baa6a51d9eaaa5e5d2a_origina

And here's a fresh, out-of-the-box tile (sandstone) :

2b89e3f62c5e8fbd0b397d7c2b733cff_origina

Here are the tiles contained in a set :

8 corner walls, 4 diagonal walls, 4 sliding door sockets with 4 doors, 8 walls, 4 square ground tiles, 2 square ground tiles with columns, 4 half-width ground tiles, 3 straight corridors, 1 corner corridor, 1 T-junction corridor and one staircase entrance.

00d8fe42eeab2bdec47240d25728e89d_originaT-junction is missing from this picture

5a9689840ddfd167644eb0797d204de7_origina

We wanted to feel the Egyptian vibe in our D&D games and decided to build a fully immersive environment, with custom original designs. The quest to build the perfect visual support for our games led us to examples from Egyptian art. There's nothing better than the real thing, so we decided to use authentic Egyptians statues and coffins as inspirations for the stretch goals.

ad2336cd219147d2d1976a31bf25cc97_origina

I might remind... it's a decent price, but of limited use. One core, maybe.

known risks from first time producers.

I'm asking them to clarify if they're doing things in-house, or with a third party - basically to justify their delivery time-frame.

what materials they are, anticipated shipping  of a core set to locations they ship (they list only available to some countries, but not which)

if they can take photos with 1 core set. and if they have other common tiles that they can take photos of with their own product to see how it matches.
We'll see how they answer.

5 people like this

I'd really like a set of these, or maybe even two, but I'm a little leery of first-timers. So, eh. Debatin'. Would very much like to know the answers to lexomatic's questions.

1 person likes this

I surprisingly actually like this product. Also, love the look of piles of sand surrounding the tiles in the video, very atmospheric.

But I too am very extremely cautious about first time Kickstarters. So for now I'll just star it and watch what happens.

Having no money makes it easier to hold off for the moment though.

1 person likes this

I noticed the shipping prices are pretty high too, so while the CAD exchange is good it still gets pretty expensive with the shipping.  I think it was $30 for 1, $50 for two, etc to US. 

1 person likes this

Looks interesting. The just a wash and they should look decent thing is certainly a plus.

No international shipping? So much for that.  ::(:

1 person likes this

wouldn't mind a few of the pieces, as diorama backdrops, but a whole set is too much for me, and there's the 'no shipping across the pond' thing...

1 person likes this

So...I got answers, which I'm paraphrasing below.

They are doing things in house and claim they can do about 200 core sets a month

The product is a molded sandstone, which probably explains the shipping costs

They aren't opposed to international shipping but... individual shipping is pretty expensive

they don't have any other brand tiles, but are taking note for being able to show compatibility in future.

They've staggered waves and limited the amount of pledges to handle potential volume.

There will be photos showing what the various pledges will get you.

I think probably I'm going to pass on this, but maybe I'll get a few addons if that's an option.

They were pretty quick to answer. I hope this works out for everyone.

I think it's pretty safe that they will meat their funding goal, being less than 1 pledge away and still 30 days to go.

5 people like this

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

2 people like this

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

well said.

International shipping is a beast, and the costs involved grow exponentially.

1 person likes this

So what exactly is molded sandstone?  Is it fragile compared to dwarven forge or the secret weapon mines?

1 person likes this

So what exactly is molded sandstone?  Is it fragile compared to dwarven forge or the secret weapon mines?

My guess would be some variation on dental plaster or resin. If they are then they might survive being dropped a few times, but nothing like the pvc stuff that you can throw against a brick wall as hard as you can with no worries.

2 people like this