SamuraiJack

Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

What makes me not 100% sold is the uncertainty of scaling and compatibility.  Just eyeballing it, and the conversions are approximate here, it looks like the floors are about the height of a Hirst Arts floor tile, a little under 1cm (1/4").  Wall thickness appears to be around 1cm (just under 1/2"), and wall height is about 4cm  (1.5"), so total tile height is about 5cm (2")?

If you could provide photos beside a ruler, or even a text description of exact dimensions that would be very useful in making sure this fits with people's existing terrain.

Lastly, it's always a little sketchy backing a first-time creator.  Especially when the campaign is looking like it will overfund by a good margin.  I'm pleasantly surprised by your approach though.  Not a lot of pledge levels, not a ton of freebies, and staggered delivery says to me that you understand your production capacity, understand your expenses, and have a solid plan in place for fulfillment.  As long as things don't fly off the rails during the rest of the campaign I've got no reason to doubt your ability to come through.

Now, as to suggestions for add-ons, maybe some accessories.  Statues of pharaohs or gods - standing and/or seated, some kind of fountain or pool, and maybe floor tiles with inscribed decoration or geometric patterning.

Best of luck with the rest of the campaign.

Could you give me the dimentions of DF tiles ? My tile are 4 cm high and the floor is 7mm thick, I do not have any DF, DS or Hirst Arts to compare too, I just tryed different height and thickness while considering different factors. (resistance, visibility and weight)

Could you give me the dimentions of DF tiles ? My tile are 4 cm high and the floor is 7mm thick, I do not have any DF, DS or Hirst Arts to compare too, I just tryed different height and thickness while considering different factors. (resistance, visibility and weight)

Dwarven Forge Game Tiles tiles are about 5 cm high and the floors are 1 cm thick.

• Like 1

Worth mentioning as well, Hirst Arts floor tiles are about 0.5cm thick, and walls are just under 4cm high (3 x 0.5" pieces).

So it sounds like these will match up very well with Hirst Arts, and be a little bit shorter than Dwarven Forge, but not too far off.

The first version had higher walls but players complained of not seeing their character because of the walls. Now its just perfect in our opinions.

Edited by Lunesdargent

This is fulfilling. I'm a Wave 1 unpainted and just got my goods a week ago...

Despite them being somewhat fragile, some bubbling in the details, and some inconsistency in piece thickness, overall I'm very happy with them. Making a dungeon cover a table with these and it's a beautiful amount of detail.

Now it's onto color selection. The pharaoh thinks unpainted is too bland and GW reikland flesh shade is to dark. Tomorrow we shall try another reddish wash.

IMG_0356.JPG

• Like 6

Please post work on this in http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/26-conversions-presentation-and-terrain/

I'm curious if you're planning recent work, or if these will be ruins.

If more recent you'll want some colors.

I think also you want to tone down the brown. I think a bone with slightest hint of yellow is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      This is live.

Some highlights from the main page:

About this project

Welcome to the Infinity RPG Kickstarter, help us fund an RPG based on the massive Infinity skirmish miniatures game!

The Infinity universe was launched by Corvus Belli as a hugely-popular tabletop skirmish game in which sci-fi themed miniatures simulated futuristic battles across the alien battlefronts of Paradiso and the internecine conflicts of the Human Sphere. Before there was a skirmish game, though, there was an RPG: Infinity started life as a homemade RPG setting for the early roleplaying adventures of Corvus Belli founders Alberto, Carlos, Fernando, and Gutier. We've been playtesting the Infinity RPG with hundreds of people for the last 9 months, working hard to recapture the excitement of those first sessions and ensure that the feel of the Infinity universe will be captured in your own campaign!
      This Kickstarter has funded the production of a beautiful full colour, hardback 368 page core rulebook for the roleplaying game. It will be sent out in PDF in December and the printed books in February 2016. We are also going to fund Faction supplements, campaign, amazing geomorphic tiles, custom dice, accessories, upgrades to increase the content in certain books and much more.

In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso Front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a desperate defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces should falter, then all may be lost…
      But beyond that terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the Human Sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientist adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchant guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercorps struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.
      For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science fiction roleplaying game.

Play with the full dynamic 2d20 game system featuring:
      Cinematic action driven by the twin engines of Heat and Momentum The triple battlefields of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar A multifaceted Zones system which brings the game world to life All New Artwork of the Infinity universe commissioned by Modiphius and Corvus Belli Find out more about the 2d20 System further down the page Explore the definitive guide to the Infinity universe with: A complete Chronology of the Human Sphere detailing centuries of bloodshed The culture, history, and intrigue of seven powerful factions Gazetteers for all twelve planets of the Human Sphere, including beautiful, full-color maps Leap into your character by: Forging your identity with an immersive Lifepath character creation system Fighting for your faction with the fractious, innovative Wilderness of Mirrors scenario design system Facing dozens of fearsome, ready-to-play adversaries who stand between you and your destiny! A 368 page book packed with everything you need to roleplay in the Human Sphere and beyond!
      Here are our popular Pledge Levels, we'll be adding more as they are unlocked. Note: There will be more Bostria Art Pledges for the Core and Supplements unlocked, we'll send an update before they are so you have a chance to grab one

ETA: Link to Kickstarter
    • By MojoBob

I'm trying out another river segment, built in pretty much the same way as my first one, but this time I'm using a a material that is new to me, SculptaMold from Amaco. I saw it used on Luke's APS on Youtube and liked the look of it, so I popped down and bought a bag from Gordon Harris art supplies. It cost me about twenty-two bucks for about 1.3 kg, which should be enough to do a reasonable amount of terrain. It would probably get a bit pricey if you wanted to build a whole table, but for my purposes it's OK.

It's a plaster and paper (?) fibre mix; I don't know if there's anything else in there. Depending on the amount of water you use it can be mixed to a cottage cheese-like paste, as I've used it here, or to a more liquid slurry that can be cast in rubber moulds. It sets up more slowly than plain plaster; by the time I'd finished laying out the river banks and setting in all the gravel, it was still quite workable, so I slapped together a little rocky outcrop on a plastic cutting board, using some bits of pine bark and the left-over goop from the river banks. I wasn't really keeping track of time, but I'd guess that you probably have 15 to 20 minutes of working time, which is plenty for most things.

When it's wet, it retains a quite knobbly cottage cheese texture, which is fine if it's going to be under flock and stuff. If you want a smoother finish though, just leave it for about another ten minutes or quarter of an hour to stiffen up a bit, and then it can be smoothed with wet fingers or modelling tools, or just with a wet soft brush.

It's early days yet, but at first acquaintance I think I'm going to like it.
    • By The Gibbergeist
      Hi,

Hope you don't mind me sharing my little Kickstarter. It's about a collection of circus oddities in 1/35th scale. :)
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859512613/freak-circus

• By kodiakbear
      If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By pcktlnt
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/rail-raiders-infinite

I skipped some of the other information. Stretch goal, game play, unlocks.

Chibis!

--- Edit ---
      Flipped the two posts as per Darsc's suggestion. :D
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)