SamuraiJack

Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

What makes me not 100% sold is the uncertainty of scaling and compatibility.  Just eyeballing it, and the conversions are approximate here, it looks like the floors are about the height of a Hirst Arts floor tile, a little under 1cm (1/4").  Wall thickness appears to be around 1cm (just under 1/2"), and wall height is about 4cm  (1.5"), so total tile height is about 5cm (2")?

If you could provide photos beside a ruler, or even a text description of exact dimensions that would be very useful in making sure this fits with people's existing terrain.

Lastly, it's always a little sketchy backing a first-time creator.  Especially when the campaign is looking like it will overfund by a good margin.  I'm pleasantly surprised by your approach though.  Not a lot of pledge levels, not a ton of freebies, and staggered delivery says to me that you understand your production capacity, understand your expenses, and have a solid plan in place for fulfillment.  As long as things don't fly off the rails during the rest of the campaign I've got no reason to doubt your ability to come through.

Now, as to suggestions for add-ons, maybe some accessories.  Statues of pharaohs or gods - standing and/or seated, some kind of fountain or pool, and maybe floor tiles with inscribed decoration or geometric patterning.

Best of luck with the rest of the campaign.

Could you give me the dimentions of DF tiles ? My tile are 4 cm high and the floor is 7mm thick, I do not have any DF, DS or Hirst Arts to compare too, I just tryed different height and thickness while considering different factors. (resistance, visibility and weight)

Could you give me the dimentions of DF tiles ? My tile are 4 cm high and the floor is 7mm thick, I do not have any DF, DS or Hirst Arts to compare too, I just tryed different height and thickness while considering different factors. (resistance, visibility and weight)

Dwarven Forge Game Tiles tiles are about 5 cm high and the floors are 1 cm thick.

• Like 1

Worth mentioning as well, Hirst Arts floor tiles are about 0.5cm thick, and walls are just under 4cm high (3 x 0.5" pieces).

So it sounds like these will match up very well with Hirst Arts, and be a little bit shorter than Dwarven Forge, but not too far off.

The first version had higher walls but players complained of not seeing their character because of the walls. Now its just perfect in our opinions.

Edited by Lunesdargent

This is fulfilling. I'm a Wave 1 unpainted and just got my goods a week ago...

Despite them being somewhat fragile, some bubbling in the details, and some inconsistency in piece thickness, overall I'm very happy with them. Making a dungeon cover a table with these and it's a beautiful amount of detail.

Now it's onto color selection. The pharaoh thinks unpainted is too bland and GW reikland flesh shade is to dark. Tomorrow we shall try another reddish wash.

IMG_0356.JPG

• Like 6

Please post work on this in http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/26-conversions-presentation-and-terrain/

I'm curious if you're planning recent work, or if these will be ruins.

If more recent you'll want some colors.

I think also you want to tone down the brown. I think a bone with slightest hint of yellow is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infamyminis/infamy-collectibles

The Infamy: Collectibles range combines larger scale full miniatures, busts and complex or special kits. It is aimed aimed primarily at painters and collectors, but some of the models have also been designed with crossover potential in mind for gamers.
      There's no specific theme or setting - the only criteria for entry into the Collectibles range is that a model is cool and exciting! 
      Each model has been designed and sculpted by amazing artists, will be cast in the high-quality resin that Infamy has become know for, and packed up in luxury bespoke boxes.
    • By SamuraiJack
      Funded on this third attempt!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1682672801/nova-aetas-dark-renaissance-tactical-game-0?ref=category_newest
    • By MojoBob
      I made these primitive runestones in Blender and printed them on my little 3d printer. I thought the first one was a bit boring, so I added a bunch of skulls around the base of the second for that cannibal-headhunter vibe.

They're on Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3010064

The miniature is from Reaper, the figure I use to represent my oldest (surviving) D&D character from back in 1981, Smirnoff the Huge and Ugly. There was one earlier character from my very first roleplaying session, but I don't even remember his name — he was blown to smithereens in that same session by being too close to an overly-curious halfling thief.
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project

A Song of Ice & Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game is a competitive miniatures game for two or more players. Each player controls one of the Great Houses of Westeros, commanding battlefield units, recruiting legendary Heroes, and manipulating the political stage, in the attempt to claim the greatest prize of all: The Iron Throne. Featuring House Stark and House Lannister, the Starter Set comes with over one hundred amazing, preassembled miniatures that are ready to play out of the box! All-new sculpts are based off original art created for the game by our crew under the direct supervision of George R.R. Martin and Dark Sword Miniatures, to ensure that the game delivers what fans have been envisioning for years.
      The Stark vs Lannister Starter Set is a perfect introduction to a new miniatures game. With accessible and streamlined gameplay designed by Eric M. Lang and Michael Shinall, A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game features 5 different Game Modes, Army Building and Customization options, and choices of Commanders and Attachments. This Set packs a lot of gameplay for 2 players!
      An example of the Starter Set miniatures painted. Note that minis come unpainted!  
      The loyal followers of the Direwolf Banner rally to defend the North! Miniatures come unpainted. Just before starting a game, players must build their armies, based on an agreed upon amount of points. Using these points, players forge the core of their army with powerful  Combat Units, such as the Stark Sworn Swords or Lannister Guards into their army. Each of these units has its own strengths and weaknesses.
      3D Render of the Stark Sworn Swords. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      3D Render of the Lannister Guards. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      Combat Unit cards  
      Attachments
      A player can also augment these units with powerful Attachments, which range from generic additions, like the Lannister Guard Captain, to legendary figures such as Ser Gregor Clegane: The Mountain.
      3D Renders of Robb Stark, Grey Wind and Ser Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane  
      Greatjon Umber attached to the Umber Berserkers   
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)