SamuraiJack

Lunesdargent Workshop: Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536984495/egyptian-dungeon-game-tiles?ref=category_newest

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment : Egyptian Dungeon Game Tiles. (D&D compatible)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

About this project

Lunesdargent Workshop is proud to introduce its first tabletop gaming tiles environment :Egyptian dungeon.

Why invest in this tile set? Because we care about instilling optimal immersion to our RPGs. We wanted to create the perfect gaming tiles for ourselves, and now feel that they are worth sharing.

Our original design is therefore unique, intricate and fully custom-built. Further, our sandstone material stands out both in feel and in receptiveness to washes and custom painting.

Our gaming tiles are based on the 25mm squares system in use by the industry, which makes them compatible with most gaming tiles available for tabletop RPGs, like D&D and Pathfinder. We are open to your ideas and plan on releasing more, unique custom designs going forward, while respecting the tiles you may already own.

Made with our personal recipe of very hard sandstone, these will last aeons - and tiny surface bubbles give every single one of these tiles a unique time-worn look. The tiles are ready to be used out-of-the-box or can be rapidly washed with diluted brown paint to obtain a darker, old-stone look.

We are the designers and the manufacturers, so there are no middle men - which means lower chances of delay. This also means you have a direct line of communication with the heart of the project and we are very receptive to customization ideas and requests.

217c6add28a92e4955d9e4ec4e2e6f0c_origina

Here are examples of the final product and what you will be able to do with some diluted paint (a dirt wash):

1bc5428658210baa6a51d9eaaa5e5d2a_origina

And here's a fresh, out-of-the-box tile (sandstone) :

2b89e3f62c5e8fbd0b397d7c2b733cff_origina

Here are the tiles contained in a set :

8 corner walls, 4 diagonal walls, 4 sliding door sockets with 4 doors, 8 walls, 4 square ground tiles, 2 square ground tiles with columns, 4 half-width ground tiles, 3 straight corridors, 1 corner corridor, 1 T-junction corridor and one staircase entrance.

00d8fe42eeab2bdec47240d25728e89d_originaT-junction is missing from this picture

5a9689840ddfd167644eb0797d204de7_origina

We wanted to feel the Egyptian vibe in our D&D games and decided to build a fully immersive environment, with custom original designs. The quest to build the perfect visual support for our games led us to examples from Egyptian art. There's nothing better than the real thing, so we decided to use authentic Egyptians statues and coffins as inspirations for the stretch goals.

ad2336cd219147d2d1976a31bf25cc97_origina

I might remind... it's a decent price, but of limited use. One core, maybe.

known risks from first time producers.

I'm asking them to clarify if they're doing things in-house, or with a third party - basically to justify their delivery time-frame.

what materials they are, anticipated shipping  of a core set to locations they ship (they list only available to some countries, but not which)

if they can take photos with 1 core set. and if they have other common tiles that they can take photos of with their own product to see how it matches.
We'll see how they answer.

• Like 5

I'd really like a set of these, or maybe even two, but I'm a little leery of first-timers. So, eh. Debatin'. Would very much like to know the answers to lexomatic's questions.

• Like 1

I surprisingly actually like this product. Also, love the look of piles of sand surrounding the tiles in the video, very atmospheric.

But I too am very extremely cautious about first time Kickstarters. So for now I'll just star it and watch what happens.

Having no money makes it easier to hold off for the moment though.

• Like 1

I noticed the shipping prices are pretty high too, so while the CAD exchange is good it still gets pretty expensive with the shipping.  I think it was $30 for 1, $50 for two, etc to US. 

• Like 1

Looks interesting. The just a wash and they should look decent thing is certainly a plus.

No international shipping? So much for that.  ::(:

• Like 1

wouldn't mind a few of the pieces, as diorama backdrops, but a whole set is too much for me, and there's the 'no shipping across the pond' thing...

• Like 1

So...I got answers, which I'm paraphrasing below.

They are doing things in house and claim they can do about 200 core sets a month

The product is a molded sandstone, which probably explains the shipping costs

They aren't opposed to international shipping but... individual shipping is pretty expensive

they don't have any other brand tiles, but are taking note for being able to show compatibility in future.

They've staggered waves and limited the amount of pledges to handle potential volume.

There will be photos showing what the various pledges will get you.

I think probably I'm going to pass on this, but maybe I'll get a few addons if that's an option.

They were pretty quick to answer. I hope this works out for everyone.

I think it's pretty safe that they will meat their funding goal, being less than 1 pledge away and still 30 days to go.

• Like 5

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

• Like 2

International shipping and costs can get pretty hairy. I think new small companies with no retail experience should, for their first KS, only ship domestically and to a major market, and have a small scale KS. The former reduces the demand on resources (the entire "staff" of the project are three people), and the latter lets them (try) to run a superniche project that doesn't compete against other ones (ahem!). Here's hoping they do well in their First Created KS so they're around for a second!

well said.

International shipping is a beast, and the costs involved grow exponentially.

• Like 1

So what exactly is molded sandstone?  Is it fragile compared to dwarven forge or the secret weapon mines?

My guess would be some variation on dental plaster or resin. If they are then they might survive being dropped a few times, but nothing like the pvc stuff that you can throw against a brick wall as hard as you can with no worries.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Hobby Holder is a better way to paint miniatures, period.
      There are so many awesome miniature games on the market right now like Kingdom Death, Shadows of Brimstone and Descent to name a few as well as some great RPGs (anyone else excited about Starfinder?) and tabletop and wargames. Not to mention all those Bones miniatures from Reaper that will need more than a little bit of paint.
      Enter the Hobby Holder, a versatile, all-in-one miniature painting holder and grip system that’s not just for gamers but for hobbyists of all kinds.

Ideal for painting, sculpting, model building and more!

Accepts Popular and Household Painting Base Options
      Accepts standard 28mm soda caps; Games Workshop - Citadel ™ Paint Caps; Privateer Press - Formula P3 paint caps; and 20mm cork inserts.
      Offset handle accommodates various height miniatures while allowing for painting and airbrushing from any angle.

Lots of room all around your miniature.
      55mm from base to under side of the handle and 25mm from center of base to the side of the handle
      Unique QuickClick attachment allows you to easily switch between grip, handle and base-only configurations and provides 360-degree rotation for ultimate control.

Dozens of positioning options to fit your painting style, including the ability to use the handle as a brush or tool support as well as a table rest for greater control.

Accepts wider base options in grip and handle position - great for dungeon scenery or larger miniatures.

More Great Features
      Made from strong, yet lightweight ABS plastic 4mm center hole for removing corks. Just push a brush, file or cork popper through and out pops the cork. Ergonomically designed and tested for maximum comfort while painting or sculpting Dishwasher safe for quick cleaning Can be stripped with Super Clean or Simple Green to clean at a project’s completion, as well as while miniatures are still attached to restart a project Reduced mess! Keeps your hands and work space cleaner Made in the USA Perfect for tabletop gamers, war gamers, and board gamers to get to the game faster with more awesome miniatures Great for everyone – from those just getting into a hobby to seasoned professionals!  
    • By SGHawkins09
      This is live.

Some highlights from the main page:

About this project

Welcome to the Infinity RPG Kickstarter, help us fund an RPG based on the massive Infinity skirmish miniatures game!

The Infinity universe was launched by Corvus Belli as a hugely-popular tabletop skirmish game in which sci-fi themed miniatures simulated futuristic battles across the alien battlefronts of Paradiso and the internecine conflicts of the Human Sphere. Before there was a skirmish game, though, there was an RPG: Infinity started life as a homemade RPG setting for the early roleplaying adventures of Corvus Belli founders Alberto, Carlos, Fernando, and Gutier. We've been playtesting the Infinity RPG with hundreds of people for the last 9 months, working hard to recapture the excitement of those first sessions and ensure that the feel of the Infinity universe will be captured in your own campaign!
      This Kickstarter has funded the production of a beautiful full colour, hardback 368 page core rulebook for the roleplaying game. It will be sent out in PDF in December and the printed books in February 2016. We are also going to fund Faction supplements, campaign, amazing geomorphic tiles, custom dice, accessories, upgrades to increase the content in certain books and much more.

In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso Front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a desperate defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces should falter, then all may be lost…
      But beyond that terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the Human Sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientist adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchant guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercorps struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.
      For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science fiction roleplaying game.

Play with the full dynamic 2d20 game system featuring:
      Cinematic action driven by the twin engines of Heat and Momentum The triple battlefields of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar A multifaceted Zones system which brings the game world to life All New Artwork of the Infinity universe commissioned by Modiphius and Corvus Belli Find out more about the 2d20 System further down the page Explore the definitive guide to the Infinity universe with: A complete Chronology of the Human Sphere detailing centuries of bloodshed The culture, history, and intrigue of seven powerful factions Gazetteers for all twelve planets of the Human Sphere, including beautiful, full-color maps Leap into your character by: Forging your identity with an immersive Lifepath character creation system Fighting for your faction with the fractious, innovative Wilderness of Mirrors scenario design system Facing dozens of fearsome, ready-to-play adversaries who stand between you and your destiny! A 368 page book packed with everything you need to roleplay in the Human Sphere and beyond!
      Here are our popular Pledge Levels, we'll be adding more as they are unlocked. Note: There will be more Bostria Art Pledges for the Core and Supplements unlocked, we'll send an update before they are so you have a chance to grab one

ETA: Link to Kickstarter
    • By MojoBob

I'm trying out another river segment, built in pretty much the same way as my first one, but this time I'm using a a material that is new to me, SculptaMold from Amaco. I saw it used on Luke's APS on Youtube and liked the look of it, so I popped down and bought a bag from Gordon Harris art supplies. It cost me about twenty-two bucks for about 1.3 kg, which should be enough to do a reasonable amount of terrain. It would probably get a bit pricey if you wanted to build a whole table, but for my purposes it's OK.

It's a plaster and paper (?) fibre mix; I don't know if there's anything else in there. Depending on the amount of water you use it can be mixed to a cottage cheese-like paste, as I've used it here, or to a more liquid slurry that can be cast in rubber moulds. It sets up more slowly than plain plaster; by the time I'd finished laying out the river banks and setting in all the gravel, it was still quite workable, so I slapped together a little rocky outcrop on a plastic cutting board, using some bits of pine bark and the left-over goop from the river banks. I wasn't really keeping track of time, but I'd guess that you probably have 15 to 20 minutes of working time, which is plenty for most things.

When it's wet, it retains a quite knobbly cottage cheese texture, which is fine if it's going to be under flock and stuff. If you want a smoother finish though, just leave it for about another ten minutes or quarter of an hour to stiffen up a bit, and then it can be smoothed with wet fingers or modelling tools, or just with a wet soft brush.

It's early days yet, but at first acquaintance I think I'm going to like it.
    • By The Gibbergeist
      Hi,

Hope you don't mind me sharing my little Kickstarter. It's about a collection of circus oddities in 1/35th scale. :)
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859512613/freak-circus

• By kodiakbear
      If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)