Sign in to follow this  
Werewolvians

Ral Partha? Gnolls

I painted these guys some 17 years ago? Maybe a little longer? I can't remember what manufacturer they are. Did Ral Partha start making 28mm minis right before they mysteriously disappeared? I have some savage orcs too that are from the same line I think.

post-8034-0-18148000-1470826441_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-02284600-1470826447_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-56743900-1470826456_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-75012700-1470826465_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-79694300-1470826475_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Hmm. I'll have to put my orcs on here so you can tell me where they are from. I think one has a wolf cap and the other has a gator cap. Real savage. There's also a shaman type one with a big tribal mask.

Not Ral Partha.  I have those.  Not as cool looking as these.

Nice work!

Hmm. I'll have to put my orcs on here so you can tell me where they are from. I think one has a wolf cap and the other has a gator cap. Real savage. There's also a shaman type one with a big tribal mask.

I think it's safe to say we all love looking at miniatures.  Keep on posting please. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

So last night finally finished this little lady, a very petit mage sculpted by Julie Guthrie in the early eighties.  With this one, I kind of felt that her shoes were so petite that I didn't want to put neither grass nor cornmeal (for dirt) in front of them, as to not completely cover them up, so I just did a super simple base without anything.  

I really like this figure and didn't realize how much detail she has until I got her primed and really started working on her.  I had no idea she had a rose on the top of her staff for example.

and all the bangles she's got on and  with the chains on her left hand, couldn't really appreciate it in her unpainted state.  Before I primed her, she kind of reminded me of the Julie Guthrie Hill Giant I painted recently, where you couldn't be sure how her face was going to really look, but when you got her primed and painted she looked a lot more decent.  

I thought the highlights on the cape were going to pop out a little bit more, but oh well. Next time I'll do deeper shadows and higher highlights!

So hope you all enjoy!
      Mark
    • By Pochi
      I have very fond memories of gnolls from playing World of Warcraft. I don't know why I enjoyed them so much but I did. So when I pulled out these gnolls to paint, I knew I was going to paint them like World of Warcraft gnolls. This is the Bones Blacktongue gnoll.

• By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Leatherface...

Kev!
  • Who's Online   60 Members, 1 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)