haldir

Lost Mine of Phandelver

115 posts in this topic

Eldric stops short on seeing the wolves. "Don't want to mess with those," he mutters to himself. "Wonder if they have any taste for goblin?" He'll begin to haul one of the freshly slain goblin corpses to the top of the steps; if none of the others object, he'll proceed to toss it down to the wolves, then repeat the process with the other goblin.

You toss the bodies in & the hungrily devour their fresh meals. Feel free to move about the chamber, if you dare (Make a (Wis) Animal Handling check, just to be sure).

Also long night at work last night, I didn't wake up till around 3 this afternoon, so I'll have that updated map up tomorrow sometime.

Eldric isn't one for animals--he'll take position at the entrance to the chamber, with a watchful eye directed deeper into the cave.

Alright. Anyone else wanna try to enter the cave? If so make a Animal Handling check.

Eldric, The only thing at the back of the cave that appears to be worth anything is the fissure. It's narrow but everyone can probably slide through to get to the other side.

Updated cave map, so far.

Jack, having stowed his gear and equipped his shield again, heads into the cave.  Not one for messing with wolves, he sidles up to Eldric.

"Anything in there worth the fight? Or just something to avoid?" Jack angles his shield to shine light further up the stream and looks that direction after asking his questions.

"Hard to say...there's some kind of passageway at the back, no saying where it goes to though. Looks like a tight fit."

Jack

The main passage  winds around to the East, ever so climbling steeply up. The water follows it the entire way. There is a passageway on the other side of the water that juts off to the West before the bend.

"Our friend is in here somewhere. Which way looks more promising?"

"No idea really.  Either one is liable to have traps.  It will be harder for them to see us coming if the narrow way behind the wolves leads anywhere, but we have to deal with the wolves.  And honestly, do we need to go ahead and deal with them?  Nothing like getting caught by a group and having one of those sneaky snots release them on us from behind."  Jack frowns.  "I don't have a preference really.  I figure that passage is going to be real tight and could be problematic.  I also think the wide easy way lets a whole lot of 'em come at us from multiple sides.  I expect both to end with a sword sticking in something smelly."

The wolves continue to chow down on the goblins. They are consuming them fast thou, so your chance to get pass if you choose to do so may be ending soon. Other then the wolves there is no other movement in the entrance so far.