Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kengar

Digital Map tabletop screen

5 posts in this topic

I'd seen other people do things like this with projectors and LED screens, so I said "Why not?"

post-574-0-71410100-1471793026_thumb.jpg

There is a little refurbished HP Chromebox (with wifi) attached to the back via HDMI and a wireless Keyboard and Mouse. The screen is a 32" refurbished Element screen from MicroCenter. The frame is just 2x4's and some chair glides for feet. I put a sheet of plexiglass over the screen to prevent scratches.

The idea is to put a player session of Roll20 up on the Chromebox and run the DM side from a separate laptop. The players at the table see the PC POV of the map while the GM sees the full map. The image in the picture is just a jpeg for sample purposes.

The electronics (with cables, etc.) cost about $230. The lumber, etc. cost about $35.

10 people like this

Love it! I'm going to do something very similar placed inside a gaming table I'll build when we get out house built. I'll have a small wood shop and plenty of projects is like to do for my painting/gaming stuff.

3 people like this

Love it! I'm going to do something very similar placed inside a gaming table I'll build when we get out house built. I'll have a small wood shop and plenty of projects is like to do for my painting/gaming stuff.

/jealous

1 person likes this

I wanted to do the embedded screen, but lacking a woodshop, it was a lot more effort for me. The box was a compromise. Later days, it may get upgraded into a table set up.

1 person likes this