odinsgrandson

Super Kingdom Death Explore!- Phoenix on Page 3

37 posts in this topic

You should contact Poots and get him to license this. I don't like chibi at all, but I bet people would dig it. Great work.

Love your work as usual, though the blacklining on the white lion is a bit much for my taste.

You should contact Poots and get him to license this. I don't like chibi at all, but I bet people would dig it. Great work.

Love your work as usual, though the blacklining on the white lion is a bit much for my taste.

So far, I've made all of the minis from existing miniatures parts (some of them have a lot of greenstuff).  The bases are even not-quite scratch built since I made a lot of the faces from press molds of my daughter's toys (the large one in the back is Jesse from Toy Story, some of the other faces are Anna and Elsa).

I met Adam at Gencon, and showed him this diorama.  He put it in his display cabinet for most of the show.

Edited by odinsgrandson
10 people like this

Can't wait for the Chibi Flower Knight or Flower Witch..

1 person likes this

Not normally a fan of Chibi but I love the idea. And as usual I love your paint job. 

Super work, love, love it! I love chibi, and own quite a bit I need to paint. I find it's a nice break from super, tiny figures.

I always enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for sharing.

I love Super Dungeon Explore but I was so afraid of the assembly for the Kingdom Death minis that I didn't back it. Amazing paint job. I really like your custom faces. Very fitting.

All versions of the Twilight Knight rock... but my favorite is this one. ^_~

KDM assembly is't a big deal if you are used to putting together hard plastic kits (GW, Wyrd)

Give me some time, I definitely have plans for the Flower Knight.

One thing to note, some KDM minis just need the chibi to be brought out in their paintjob- the Gorm, Spidicules and the Sun Stalker don't really need any modifications to look right fighting little chibis.  Some of the larger minis just need some smaller mods (lion god, phoenix) while others need full replacements (Manhunter, Tyrant).

Edited by odinsgrandson
2 people like this

That's pretty cool!

Oh wow! Those look fantastique!

I don't normally associate cute with disturbing but those almost human-like hands on that lion, and those faces...

And I see that autocorrect has decided to use the French spelling of fantastic. Obviously plain old english is not good enough to convey how good your work is.

::):

3 people like this

Well, I'm sure the autocorrect knows what's best.

With chibi minis, I prefer it when they express two conflicting ideas at the same time.  Usually one is "Cute" while the other one is often Badass, or Creepy.

Edited by odinsgrandson
3 people like this

Looks supercute!!!

So, I had plans for the Flower Knight already- he's part of the game, and I've been assessing all of the game minis for conversion into chibis.

However, the Flower Witch was one that I had overlooked.  She would make an outstanding Chibi.  I am so very excited, and even without game rules, she's got to be made.

Thank you for putting that into my head.

2 people like this

Great work as usual, and a really neat idea.  I'd didn't think I'd be fond of Chibis at first, but they are a nice break from regular mini's for me.  I'm pretty sure your past work helped get me inspired to start my Chibis.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured

About this project
      Sacred Sword is the world that our chibi miniature line belongs to. While the game and the world are not present in this project, it dictates our overall theme and feel. The Sacred Sword line will be a high fantasy world, with a distinctly classic RPG feel. Modeled heavily after your favorite classic JRPG games but with a lot of added character and flair. We hope to provide a compelling universe for both your favorite RPG engine or other games that you want to use these for.
      The Sacred Sword miniature line is a Chibi 32mm miniature line. These are cast in spincast resin and unpainted.
      We've teamed up with the great crew at Impact Miniatures to produce the best figures at an excellent price and to utilize their vast experience and improve our project as much as possible! I've had a look at a lot of their newest figures and the casting and such are tops! We'll be carefully working with them to ensure every figure is cut well and casts as cleanly as possible

Your funding provides AdventureCraft the needed capital to finish more concept art, sculpting and then casting of an entirely new range of miniatures. We're starting small, with just a few figures. As we reach more funding goals, we'll add new models from you to pick from. And step by step, your feedback and requests will be heard and implemented to create a colorful world. We've already got the first two sculpts finished and ready to go! The Useko Warrior and Forest Goblin are here to show off the quality of the sculpts you can look forward to when you back this project.

• By odinsgrandson
      My wife told me that it is her favorite of the toppers I've made.  I suppose she's not alone in that, since another couple requested one.
      Here they are.  I'll probably need to make one to keep sometime, maybe for our anniversary (we decided that Cortana was a good enough name for our daughter, after all).

• By fanguad
      I don't usually post my non-Reaper minis here, but I wanted to share this one with you all.  This is Princess Malya, Questing Knight and her cypher Mr. Tomm from Relic Knights.  She was the first of the new resin minis from Soda Pop Miniatures that I got my hands on, and is a beautiful sculpt and was fun to paint.  I agonized over the last little bit, and between never getting to play Relic Knights and this model’s rules being garbage, she slept on the shelf of shame, waiting for her Prince Charming to show up.  I finally finished her off last month, so she can join Mr. Tomm, who’s been done for a year now.

In case the inspiration isn’t obvious, I’ve based her paint job on Alice from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.  The base is one of my favorite parts, and I love how it came out – you can even see a bit of reflection in some shots.  I definitely got fed up with the dress at points, and just had to leave it in order to move on, but overall am fairly happy.  The white in particular, I probably could have redone it using some of the tips from Jen Greenwald’s class that I took last year.
    • By Ghool
      One my Patrons chose, and now they get to win.

Really nice model from the range, if a bit top-heavy....
      She was also a pain to photo. Sometimes a model being this dynamically posed is less desirable. But, the entire thing was well considered and you can tell they took into account the posing to make painting it assembled really easy.
      She was also a dream to put together despite being 17 parts.

I took my time here, and probably spent 30 or more hours on it. It's going to be tough to give away.

• By Corporea
      So, recently, I enjoyed visiting twitter (something I never really do and am honestly uncertain if "visiting" is even the right word to employ...showing my age, I know...) and looking at the pictures from the Cute Animal Tweet Off.  It made my day!  A bight a cheery bit of internet amid the dark an depressing wintery mix around it.  I feel inspired to start our own miniature version of this!

Let's have a game!  Post pictures of cute miniatures we find all around the internet.  They can be your own work, so someone else's, just make sure to credit the source!  And have fun!!!  Bring joy to others through the power of CUTE!

Here's one I've always loved:  Ali Bailey's version of the Easter Mousling.  Soooooo cute!!!!

• Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)