odinsgrandson

Super Kingdom Death Explore!- Phoenix on Page 3

37 posts in this topic

Here is the Kingsman Nemesis:

Chibi-Kingsman.jpg?i=1198593404

And here is the Messenger of Humanity.  The role of this mini in the game is a little odd.  He was part of a set of scenarios that Adam Poots decided weren't working after a beta run.  During the 1.5 Kickstarter, one of the promises made is that new rules will be made for all of the messengers.

Until then, he's being used to represent a survivor.

Chibi-Messenger-of-Humanity.jpg?i=100818

15 people like this

As always at a loss for words...

..many jaws succumbed to the pull of gravity that day.. 

There's no doubt that the Phoenix is the great centerpiece of the core Kingdom Death board game.  It is a massive, twisted and brilliantly detailed mini.

For my own set, I've decided to follow Super Dungeon Explore logic- as the creatures get larger, they also become less chibi.  This follows the way that old videogames would work (good examples are Final Fantasy or Pokemon- proportions become less chibi as the characters get larger).

Also, the mini already has a massive head in comparison to its body.  Ultimately, I decided to simply change the face instead of rearranging the whole thing.

Chibified-Phoenix.jpg

Inside you can see how the human face inside the mouth has been replaced with a chibi face.  More subtly, the other eyes on the phoenix have been re-scupted to be a little larger.

Chibified-Phoenix-face.jpg?i=353432326

11 people like this

Wonderful Paintjob!

Creepy mini!

That is a WONDERFULLY disturbing, BEAUTIFULLY painted creations. As always, VERY WELL DONE!

Wow, that's some great color gradient you painted on the Phoenix. All these colors mixing together are a real treat to look at.

I also really like the nmm on you Kingsman Nemesis.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured

About this project
      Sacred Sword is the world that our chibi miniature line belongs to. While the game and the world are not present in this project, it dictates our overall theme and feel. The Sacred Sword line will be a high fantasy world, with a distinctly classic RPG feel. Modeled heavily after your favorite classic JRPG games but with a lot of added character and flair. We hope to provide a compelling universe for both your favorite RPG engine or other games that you want to use these for.
      The Sacred Sword miniature line is a Chibi 32mm miniature line. These are cast in spincast resin and unpainted.
      We've teamed up with the great crew at Impact Miniatures to produce the best figures at an excellent price and to utilize their vast experience and improve our project as much as possible! I've had a look at a lot of their newest figures and the casting and such are tops! We'll be carefully working with them to ensure every figure is cut well and casts as cleanly as possible

Your funding provides AdventureCraft the needed capital to finish more concept art, sculpting and then casting of an entirely new range of miniatures. We're starting small, with just a few figures. As we reach more funding goals, we'll add new models from you to pick from. And step by step, your feedback and requests will be heard and implemented to create a colorful world. We've already got the first two sculpts finished and ready to go! The Useko Warrior and Forest Goblin are here to show off the quality of the sculpts you can look forward to when you back this project.

• By odinsgrandson
      My wife told me that it is her favorite of the toppers I've made.  I suppose she's not alone in that, since another couple requested one.
      Here they are.  I'll probably need to make one to keep sometime, maybe for our anniversary (we decided that Cortana was a good enough name for our daughter, after all).

• By fanguad
      I don't usually post my non-Reaper minis here, but I wanted to share this one with you all.  This is Princess Malya, Questing Knight and her cypher Mr. Tomm from Relic Knights.  She was the first of the new resin minis from Soda Pop Miniatures that I got my hands on, and is a beautiful sculpt and was fun to paint.  I agonized over the last little bit, and between never getting to play Relic Knights and this model’s rules being garbage, she slept on the shelf of shame, waiting for her Prince Charming to show up.  I finally finished her off last month, so she can join Mr. Tomm, who’s been done for a year now.

In case the inspiration isn’t obvious, I’ve based her paint job on Alice from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.  The base is one of my favorite parts, and I love how it came out – you can even see a bit of reflection in some shots.  I definitely got fed up with the dress at points, and just had to leave it in order to move on, but overall am fairly happy.  The white in particular, I probably could have redone it using some of the tips from Jen Greenwald’s class that I took last year.
    • By Ghool
      One my Patrons chose, and now they get to win.

Really nice model from the range, if a bit top-heavy....
      She was also a pain to photo. Sometimes a model being this dynamically posed is less desirable. But, the entire thing was well considered and you can tell they took into account the posing to make painting it assembled really easy.
      She was also a dream to put together despite being 17 parts.

I took my time here, and probably spent 30 or more hours on it. It's going to be tough to give away.

• By Corporea
      So, recently, I enjoyed visiting twitter (something I never really do and am honestly uncertain if "visiting" is even the right word to employ...showing my age, I know...) and looking at the pictures from the Cute Animal Tweet Off.  It made my day!  A bight a cheery bit of internet amid the dark an depressing wintery mix around it.  I feel inspired to start our own miniature version of this!

Let's have a game!  Post pictures of cute miniatures we find all around the internet.  They can be your own work, so someone else's, just make sure to credit the source!  And have fun!!!  Bring joy to others through the power of CUTE!

Here's one I've always loved:  Ali Bailey's version of the Easter Mousling.  Soooooo cute!!!!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)