Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Genghis_Sean

Zombicide: Black Plague: Fatties 1

8 posts in this topic

Base coat layer done.  Just noticed from the close up pic that I missed a tongue on one of them.  Quickshader next.  Blood goes on last.

post-14161-0-94018400-1472092282_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-50958100-1472092355_thumb.jpg

14 people like this

Very nice!  Love your bases too.  Can't wait to see more.

Quickshader done.  Hampered by my ability to apply the Testor's DullCote to remove the shininess because it's so cold outside.  I'm hoping it will hit 50 at least one day and I'll be able to get them as well as my walkers and runners who also need the same treatment.  I'm just guessing on the temp.  If anybody knows how warm it needs to be outside to apply the spray, please let me know.

post-14161-0-22182100-1484502929_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-88577100-1484502998_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-16901400-1484502856_thumb.jpg

5 people like this

Nice bunch!

Nice group of fatties you got going there.  Trying to decide how to tackle my Black Plague mini's.  I like how these are going.

Nice group of fatties you got going there.  Trying to decide how to tackle my Black Plague mini's.  I like how these are going.

My strategy is to paint them without any original thought on my part whatsoever, but to steal shamelessly from Sorrastro as much as possible.  Maybe after I've finished painting all my Black Plague figures, I'll start to gain enough confidence to start making some painting decisions on my own.

Edited by Genghis_Sean
2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CashWiley
      Been wanting to get back into painting a mini now and again, probably nothing more than tabletop for a while. So I took a couple hours to slap some paint on this guy I had sitting on the shelf, already primed.
      Zombicide Season One Walker 2 Zombicide Season One Walker 2 So I think I’ve mostly forgotten how to paint minis. Didn’t help that I snagged the wrong paper for my wet palette, it was a square of tracing paper, so it was a total mess!

• By Darcstaar
      Here is another batch of figures from my work on my Wave 1 Imperial Assault collection.  These are a little more recent, having finished them in late May.
      It also represents my second real attempt at a non-caucasian human skin tone.  One of the figures is a more tanned skin color, and the third is more of an African skin color.
      I was very pleased how they came out, especially compared to my first attempt.  I followed Sorastro's tutorials, but with Reaper paints.  
      My favorite part of these aside from the skin was the blending I accomplished on the pants.
      C&C Welcomed.

Colors under spoiler

• By Darcstaar
      Here is another figure from Imperial Assault Core Game, by Fantasy Flight Games.
      Darth Vader.
      At once simple but difficult.  Trying to achieve dull black and shiny black on the same figure was not easy.
      I followed Sorastro's guides, but with Reaper Paint.
      I think this was the first figure I broke out my then newly acquired Citadel shades for the OSL.
      The black was Black with varying amounts of Snow Shadow for highlights, and then a small dab of a Reaper Sample that is somewhere between ghost white and snow shadow.
      The camera flash definitely grayed it up, but when I took the pics with just the light box, it was too dark.
      It has some gloss varnish on the helmet and shoulder armor.

Let me know what you think.
      Thanks for looking.

• By skippen
      And here is my latest completed work.  He was a quick 2 - 3 hour paintjob (purely tabletop).  I see looking at these photos that I have some base mismatch between him and the rat, and there is some cleanup to do on his base (easily done).

• Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)