SamuraiJack

Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Powered by GURPS by Steve Jackson Games

About this project

7d9fcd38b4fb9283579fa36e58bdbc39_origina

GURPS (the Generic Universal RolePlaying System) turns 30 this year, and Dungeon Fantasy focuses its award-winning power on hack ‘n’ slash fantasy roleplaying, where stalwart heroes kick down doors, kill monsters, and take their stuff in order to grow powerful enough to tackle the next quest . . . which naturally features stronger doors, tougher monsters, and better stuff! 

All images shown are work in progress and not 100% final.

ea8f1b1e378efd9d965e1fa66fbbe9a5_origina

This standalone boxed set contains everything you need to play: cardboard figures, combat maps, dice, and five full-color rulebooks that feature original art.

• Adventurers (128 pages). GURPS is famous for letting you play any character you can imagine. Dungeon Fantasy keeps this flexibility while trimming away unnecessary details, concentrating on just what matters to monster-slaying, treasure-hunting action: Pick from 11 classic professions and nine playable races, customize your alter-ego using quick-start templates and a powerful point-build system, and gear up with an equipment list that offers dozens of weapons and lets you assemble exactly the suit of armor that fits your image.
  • Exploits (112 pages). Learn how the heroes actually use their abilities and gear. That means combat, of course – and dozens of other activities, whether your thing is sneaking around, swinging from the scenery, exorcizing evil, or getting rich through cunning deals in town. This book also describes countless bad things that can befall adventurers (poison, traps, dismemberment, lava pits . . .), as well as good things, namely loot. And it’s full of practical advice to the Game Master who leads this three-ring circus: challenging the players, keeping the action moving, settling arguments, and much more.
  • Spells (80 pages). What would fantasy be without magic? Adventurers features four spellcasting professions (bard, cleric, druid, and wizard), and this volume describes over 400 spells to help you customize them. It also includes complete rules for how spells work – whether their power comes from the gods, Nature, or creepy tomes of forbidden wizardly knowledge.
  • Monsters (64 pages). Once the adventurers are ready, and armed with weapons and magic, it’s time to test their mettle! This catalog starts you out with more than 80 things that want to bite, claw, grab, sting, and curse the heroes – not just the predictable orcs and zombies, but also several Dungeon Fantasy originals. Each offers notes on tactics and variants, and the whole collection comes with advice and rules for adventurers dealing with monsters . . . and monsters dealing with adventurers.
  • Dungeon (24 pages). I Smell a Rat is a simple (but not simplistic!) quest designed to show new gamers the ropes. Like any classic hack ‘n’ slash adventure, it starts at the inn. From there, the heroes will find themselves facing traps, enemies, and unexpected twists – and finding treasure, although not necessarily gold and silver. Advice and “adventure hooks†let the Game Master challenge advanced players or spin the tale into a series of adventures.

While based on the GURPS Basic Set and its GURPS Dungeon Fantasy and GURPS Magic supplements, this is a standalone roleplaying game, ready to play out of the box! It’s compatible with GURPS, but the famously detailed rules have been streamlined to be friendlier to new gamers and veterans alike. For existing GURPS fans, revisions made in response to nearly 10 years of customer feedback on the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series – along with completely new content unique to this set – make this a “must have.â€

2544daac91a74a59636092ee8d26a2ba_origina

Check out these stretch goals!

IMPORTANT NOTE: All stretch goals listed below are only eligible to backers pledging $50 or more. Pledges of $49 or less do not receive any of the listed stretch goals.

c92afddcaa36fb4a5d567a9d6119d534_origina

As the project goes on, we will reveal more stretch goals.

3d69ad43f49dd9000bd36527757f31f7_origina

To add these Dungeon Fantasy items to your game, simply include the listed cost as part of your pledge. After the project closes, we will send a survey through BackerKit where you'll tell us exactly which of the following you want.

2a3097cef862b24e03fcb754b830d915_origina

• Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen: The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game is designed to run quickly. This full-color, four-panel screen will place important tables and modifiers at your fingertips to speed up game play even more, while the included 16-page booklet will accelerate character creation and advancement. • $20 + shipping to be charged separately through BackerKit.

a5b98fc9b42848e353b6c621fb8070b3_origina

• Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game: One copy of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game printed box set. • $50 + shipping to be charged separately through BackerKit.

146c78401269110220a437c3f7d144be_origina

• Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game in PDF: One copy each of the five books in theDungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game in PDF delivered through Warehouse 23 when the game ships in 2017. • $35
  • Like 2

I wonder if I could save on shipping by picking up at the factory, since it's on my way home from work.

• Like 1

Many fond memories of playing GURPS Supers in my high school days, even a oddball 12+ hr marathon/sleep over in a friends basement. Thou, not as much fantasy but my favorite Supers character was a minotaur who got thrown in the modern world. ::):

I'll keep this one in mind.

Interesting that so many of the stretch goals are reductions in shipping costs.

I heard that they got hurt bad on shipping for the Ogre kickstarter.

The Auld Grump - I think that there was a postage increase between when the KS ended and the time that they shipped.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thoramel
      I did not see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd share. KAMB is an easy to learn, fast paced RPG where you play a Kobold. You die, a lot. They're celebrating their 20th anniversary and are running a kickstarter to re-release the original zine that started it all, but with better rules. I play this every year at Origins in a 100 player game called the Kobold Midnight Massacre and can confirm that it's a great time of silly hijinks and horrible death checks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9thlevel/kobolds-ate-my-baby-20th-anniversary-zine-quest

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/games06/easy-dungeon-seamless-magnetic-dungeon-tiles?ref=discovery

About
      The Easy Dungeon is designed to make the gaming experience realistic, fun and engaging without having to spend a lot of money to do it. All this while keeping faith with the fundamental principle of role playing: never knowing what will be a few steps ahead! With the Easy Dungeon system you can build corridors, alleys, rooms progressively as the DM unravels the adventure.
      Here follows the pledges and the add-ons you can select. If unlocked, you'll also receive all the free stretch goals related to the pledge you choose.

• By Smokestack
      Live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1713178938/1152424120?ref=659m7z&token=0a1d199d&fbclid=IwAR3bZtlY88zKkuOQOSx2BeBKyaeskl56QY_OX5gPJQ0YULGiAfUXw_scNhY

About us 
      RN estudio offer services like 3D sculpt, the best 3D printings , Resin cast and Miniature Painting.   We helped other companies to have success in their crowdfunding projects, we have worked in more than 20 successfully completed projects.  We have enough experience to bring you the best quality resin cast miniatures for your Zombie, Dungeon Crawler or Skirmish games, or simply for collect and paint !  Why Crowdfunding?
      Our previous campaigns, for expand our miniature range, Mythexplorers, Mythexplorers II, Chaos Pact team, Humans VS Orcs , 4 New FF Teams, Revenants VS Ancestrasls were very successful, and we are very happy with the experience.   We plan to produce all the miniatures and do all the shippings in 5 months, because of this we must limited the maximum quantity than can offer in this kickstarter to 80 copies of each miniature.   All our backers are very satisfied with the finall product, also you can buy in our web store !   We have finished awesome models to expand our  line MYTHEXPLORES.  Because of this, we need your help to make these miniatures reality. If you help in this project, you will get the best price you can dream, exclusive items and FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.  

* I am not affiliated with this company. I backed Myth explorers II and really liked the minis. I have since bought a bunch more from their website and have been pleased with all of them.

• By Darsc Zacal
      I haven’t backed any of Bears Heads kickstarters yet, but I’ve been tempted by everyone.
      This is the one that I give in to. 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/98300108/narthoks-the-excellent
      But hurry! It’s funded with ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!

As nice as that sculpt is, it’s the sci-fi and bartender versions I’m most excited about. The stretch goals for those have been reached, but only concept drawings are available to show.

I think these are great unique looking eye beasts.
      @TheAuldGrump maybe something you could use for your campaign?

• By lexomatic
      Is there anyone who might be interested  in a PBP 4e GURPS lite (rules light, no crazy math) portal horror/ mystery modern day adventure.
      1) Gurps 4e is published by Steve Jackson Games, and the free "lite" version of the rules is available online here.
      2) This world is adapted by me from the fiction of Ian Rogers with my own additions.
      3) Character creation rules
      NO MAGIC OR SUPER POWERS or cinematic skills/abilities
      100 points available up to 50 points in disadvantages and 5 quirks as well. If your character concept is disabled, then there's leeway to go over this, but needs discussion with me first
      If you have 4e books or the character creator app, feel free to go for it. Otherwise I will post a list of templates and where they're located that I've vetted to guide you beyond the lite rules.
      A skill at 12/13 is considered professional quality. higher gets you a better ability to handle tough situations and improve chance at a critical. Really high skills might get notoriety (could be good or bad).
      Useful guidance http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?p=369148
      Also this free pdf condensing skills info should be useful

4) This is set in Toronto and Ontario Canada primarily. Your character doesn't need to be from there, you just need to have an idea of what you're doing there, and specifically to start, what you're doing in the PATH specifically (this will be how you are all introduced). After reading about the world basics, you will also need to think about any supernatural/ blacklands experience your character has had... if any, and if/how they were affected by it.
      The World Basics
      I'm hoping to be able to do a few posts a week, but because I'm new to this, and have limited availability it might be slower than I want. I'm unsure about the number of players - this could work with only a few.
      More later. Feel free to ask questions or express interest.
      If you have and use a skill that will allow you to obtain info/ achieve goal to advance plot, that will happen. I won't make people roll until something happens or things end.

This site seems to have a decent character generator. There`s step-by-step at the top of the page, and it auto-calculates. Please print to pdf or printscreen or recopy.  so I can review. If you need a template, please let me know. Please set point maximum to 100 (it defaulted to 300 for me).

Current Characters list:
      1)Magnus Albertson @Dilvish the Deliverer
      2)Sammy @Arkady
      3) Sam Travis @Corsair
      4)TBD @Chaoswolf
      5) Raoul @Colonel Kane

6) Morgan Faustus @Kangaroorex
      There will be a hard cap at 6 players. And maybe only 5 total. We're closing in on being able to start things.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)