TheOldGuard

FTG13 - Goblin Chieftain's Chariot Diorama, Vintage Citadel miniatures

Sweet ride.  I have this model languishing somewhere in my pile of shame.  Fantastic work on this!!!

Thanks, it's a favourite of mine. I hope we will get to see yours painted up one day? ::):

Especially Love detail in the terrain, very very gobliny terrain :)

Thanks, I don't think you can go wrong with fungus & tentacles where goblins are concerned! :poke:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all! 
      I can't believe that i've missed this forum so far!

My name's Andrew Cothill and i'm trying to learn to sculpt miniatures in 3D (Zbrush). I've been at it for about 9 months now. I don't mind brutal crits so please feel free to tear into it and i'll try to taken them on board for my current WIP =)

Here's the concept i was working from by the super talented Klaher Baklaher

Here's a sketchfab link to the model too. It's heavily decimated to fit on the site
      https://sketchfab.com/models/8d870cf7fd1447759c4322b75c7fc201

Thanks for looking and have a good day!

• By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• By londwch
      Okay gonna have another attempt at posting on here.  This time I think I have found the right forum topic as last time I posted I think I may have put the pic in the wrong topic.  I've tried to get the camera on a steady surface this time and snapped a goblin I just did while listening to my team lose 2-0 - so this kept my mind nicely elsewhere.  I have tried to thin the paint a little this time and add a little highlight.  I'm not too unhappy with this so I've jazzed up the base a little with some welsh slate and quarry dust again.  It's not perfect but it's finished anyway.   
    • By LarsM
      May I present to you; Fewmaster Toede of the Dragon Lance Chronicles.

Sorry, the pictures didn't turn out that well.
      But I'm quite happy with the paintjob.

All kinds of C&C is very welcome.

• By Pingo
      So I spotted what looked like a sweet little wolfman, unpainted but inked a little over the metal and glued to a square of wood in a comics shop some while ago and bought it and took it home and pried it off the old base and discovered it said "Grenadier 1987." Score!

Turns out it is a werejackal, coded MM93, and was first released as part of the set "Monster Manuscript Vol. XI" which also included the one Nosferatu-type vampire I didn't have in zer old days from the set of three I painted recently.

Anyhow, I cleaned it up and painted it like a black-backed jackal 'cos they look cool.

There is no WIP thread.

Also I had a picture book of Zimbabwe and decided to play a little bit with backgrounds.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)