Smokestack

Hasslefree Miniatures kickstarter

Finally got my shipping despatch! Usually about ten days out from the UK, so hopefully I'll have some goodies for next weekend...

Still waiting on a response or follow up from the "ooops, your rewards are sort of messed up" general message.  I'm jealous of those who've gotten their stuff or at least a shipping notice.  trying to be patient, but it's hard with the communications being what they are.  apparently, he's not getting pms from KS.  sooooo, yeah.....

it'd be worse today if I wasn't still in a loop from the pathfinder 2.0 announcement.

I wasn't a backer during the kickstarter but I did order a dozen minis through the pledge manager.

Those arrived today.

IMG_1431.thumb.JPG.5ffc1cedab5afa7bdd2879504c8dcd94.JPG

-IMG_1432.thumb.JPG.d876c792996e66295067466a79ac5e76.JPG

• Like 5

Oh Darsc Zacal, you're doing it all wrong! The "reason" Hasslefree put sweets in the parcel is that you have something nice to gobble up while prepping your miniatures for painting.

That, and the fact that they've got kids of their own :).

• Like 2

Got mine at last, pretty good considering the rotten weather this week. Artemis threw in a free Shamanic Boudi, which is generous beyond belief:

5aa3f015a102d_Hasslefree1.thumb.JPG.b3e14a64cb9ec0be8630f1aa5f0668fc.JPG5aa3f03b847e4_Hasslefree2.thumb.JPG.80bfb54c4f884465b22706e4782c06ac.JPG

All beatifully detailed and clean castings, as per usual.

• Like 5

I guess I'm in the last batch of shipments as I still haven't gotten a shipping notice... I'm not typically one to complain, but it kinda sucks to go pretty much all in to a kickstarter and then see late backers getting their orders long before you even get word that yours is on the way. I'm not like, ragingly upset or anything and I know they had a lot of setbacks out of their control and I've backed a lot of kickstarters so I know that sort of thing is par for the course but...eh, I'm kinda bummed.

I haven't received anything either.  Backerkit status shows the package was marked as shipped on 2/12, which put me right at the upper range of how long things have historically taken to reach me in Texas.  Since there State of the Union update says they are all caught up, I figured I'd wait at least through the weekend before I reach out.

2 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I haven't received anything either.  Backerkit status shows the package was marked as shipped on 2/12, which put me right at the upper range of how long things have historically taken to reach me in Texas.  Since there State of the Union update says they are all caught up, I figured I'd wait at least through the weekend before I reach out.

Keep in mind that backerkit marked it shipped when he printed the label and added it to his pile.  he's said the pile had hundreds in it a time..

That said, in the State of the HF Union posted on FB yesterday, he said that :

as of this coming week will have finally finished with our big Kickstarter and the Pledge Manager was a successful part of that. It's still going, it'll close this coming week,

So, one can hope that yours is actually in the post or close to it, by now..

• Like 2

If it doesn't arrive within 3 weeks of being shipped, let them know though. That's when they can contact the postal service or go into replacement mode. 

My backer kit doesn’t even say shipped. Soooooo my label hasn’t even been printed? I’ll wait through the week to see if I get any kind of notice. I think there’s supposed to be a KS update today, maybe? 

I don’t know. I think I wouldn’t be bothered had it not been for the email they sent asking if you wanted to make another purchase to combine with KS shipping. Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s a great service to offer people who’d already made orders, but the fact that you had to reply to that email or else your stuff wouldn’t ship really rubbed me the wrong way. I responded to that email within 10 minutes of receiving it. I shouldn’t have had to respond at all. It should’ve been a 48 hour notice that if you wanted it combined you should get your orders in and put it in the order notes within that time frame. But making the response to that email required and then never hearing back and still not getting a shipping notice made me feel like if I would’ve spent more money in the shop, I would’ve gotten my pledge by now. Maybe that’s unfounded, but my brain definitely responded with “How about you just send me the stuff I already paid you for instead of trying to get me to give you even more money?”

I’m really not trying to be salty about it, I don’t think I’ve ever complained about a Kickstarter before, and this isn’t the first time I’ve had one deliver very, very late, but I just feel very meh about how they’ve gone about things.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with sending them email or contacting on the book of faces.. especially as he's saying that as of this week, everything should be wrapped up!

Well the update went out and while it answers everything except for my situation where my backerkit doesn’t say shipped at all, I’m still going to give it the rest of the week before I decide there’s truly a problem with my pledge. Like I said, I’m really not trying to be salty about it, I know they’re going to deliver my pledge, I just would’ve preferred if they’d communicated a bit differently than they have.

I'm really not happy with the update.  Since my backerkit ship date was 1/7, I'm reading that I should have everything.  I have nothing.  Not even a shipping notice.  I've sent another KS PM and another email.  I really hope he responds, but given the track record so far, I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens.

My shipping date is still 1/7 in backerkit.

My frustration with the lack of fulfillment and lack of communications is making me angry at the entire situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I never received a shipping notice, but I figured it would be shipped within a few days of the "would you like to buy more" email. Since that was a month and a half ago I emailed today to check that nothing was lost in shipping. When I get a response I can let you all know. It never really occurred to me that it might not have been sent

Edited by Fire_Eyes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Chibis are super deformed, yet adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Ninja All-Stars and many others. They're also featured in collectible figurines and in other geeky paraphernalia.
      This is the EIGHTH Chibi KickStarter run by Impact! Miniatures and Impact! is partnering with Chibi Capsule and Märchen to bring you some incredible, new Magical Girl chibi miniatures along with monsters for them to combat!
      The funding goal will pay for the sculpting & 3-D printing of the miniatures. And for some of them: The metal masters and resin production molds needed to create mass production of the miniatures.
      The Miniatures  
      ALL miniatures in this KickStarter are provided unpainted. Unless otherwise stated after the name of the miniature, all miniatures offered with this KickStarter will be high quality 3-D prints done on a top end 25 to 50 micron printer (you should not see print lines after priming and paint).   As stretch goals are reached we will unlock additional sculpts.  Stretch Goal may also pay for metal mastering and rubber molds for mass production spincast resin models which will allow the project to offer some of the Magical Girls at lower costs to our backers.  The miniatures will require light clean up, being primed before painted and might need some assembly (although we will do our best to keep the figures with as few pieces as possible).  
      You can use your reward dollars to get any of the miniatures in the listing below.
      Meet the girls!
      MARIYA and the FIGHTING GIRLFRIEND - (70mm tall overall - spincast resin) - $10

Magical Friends
      Monsters & Enemies

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.
      Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.
      Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.
      The ships seen table time ;-)  
      Details and customization is also inside.. ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel  
      Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.  
      With ShipWorks you get to choose:
      The length of your ship.
      Adjust the width of the ship.
      Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!
      Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.
      A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!
      How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 
      Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

• By pcktlnt
      About
      The Amazons are a new line of 28mm white metal and urethane resin table top gaming figurines from RBJ Game Company. Digitally rendered by Master Sculptor Bobby Jackson and faithfully brought to physical reality by Fortress Figures using cutting edge technology to bring you the unquestionably highest quality metal and resin miniature available today.

Stretch goals apply to any pledge of $50 or more.

(removed due to nudity) SCALE SHOT   PAINTED EXAMPLES   This project is for unpainted, white metal and/or resin figurines. Models are provided NOT painted. Models are scaled to 28mm toe to eye or 1:60. Models are provided with a plastic tab/slot base. White metal figurines are not toys and are intended only for adults. Models may require some assembly, may have sharp or pointed parts and are a choking hazard to anyone prone to put them in their mouth.

SHIPPING  
      On the end of the campaign, each backer will be issued a coupon code via e-mail to redeem at our on-line store for your pledge rewards. This worked out very well last time around seeming to be the simplest way and also allows for some last minute additions if you desire. Shipping fees are not included in the pledge level and will be collected at the time you redeem your coupon code.

Estimated shipping fees:
      U.S. $0 - $5 (U.S. receives free shipping for $50 or more pledges)
      Canada $0-$15 (Canada receives free shipping for $125 or more pledges)
      World Wide $0-20 (Free world wide shipping for $175 or more pledges)

Customs fees, duties, taxes, tariffs and or additional charges incurred at the shipping destination by the receiver are the responsibility of the receiver. RBJ Game company cannot accept any responsibility for additional charges imposed by the taxing authority of the legal jurisdiction of the receiving residency.
    • By Pingo
      I started this figure to be a slightly overenthusiastic Russian bodyguard for Vampire: The Masquerade. When I finished her the GM said she would better serve as a character who is a Mage: The Ascension Void Engineer soldier, basically a space marine.

This was also a slight experiment in the sort of colorless blonde character with invisible eyebrows, except I gave her really heavy eye makeup. She isn't really wide-eyed, but her blue eyes are very pale, giving a staring effect.

According to Hasslefree's flavor text her two big guns are Heckler & Koch MP5Ks. A little Googling tells me that the MP5K is of German design, but also made in Iran and Turkey, and is "the ultimate close-quarters weapon, created for use in very confined spaces". From guns I know nothing, but okay.

There is no WIP thread, but comments and questions are welcome.

• By kodiakbear
      Coming after KS4 is delivering.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)