Jump to content

Smokestack

Hasslefree Miniatures kickstarter

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, skippen said:

Wonder why Kev won't help him pack orders?

 

ISTR that Kev lives a significant enough (by European standards*) distance away from the main Hasslefree facilities that it would be inconvenient for him to routinely make the trip, or something? 

 

Also, I'm not sure what his exact employment status with Hasslefree is - I'm pretty sure it is "most favored freelance sculptor" not an actual company employee who can be re-tasked when necessary, but I'm not certain. 

 

*"North Americans think a hundred years is a long time. Europeans think a hundred miles is a long distance."

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1448 backers!?  A small company getting all that out in a timely fashion?  I'm not  in this kickstarter, but if I was, I would have chilled out and forgotten about it for a while.  People will get their models, but it may be a minute. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, joshuaslater said:

1448 backers!?  A small company getting all that out in a timely fashion?  I'm not  in this kickstarter, but if I was, I would have chilled out and forgotten about it for a while.  People will get their models, but it may be a minute. 

 

Since I got notice that my minis were shipped on 1/7, I've been a concerned.  Now, subsequent updates have said that the 1/7 shipping date is bogus.  But when/if things have shipped is still up in the air.   The communications has been irregular and generalized.  It's been this way for months.  I understand the challenges that he's facing and there's really no good way out of the mess he's in.  He can stop shipping to do some communications or he can stop communications and continue shipping or he can stop both and try to hire on more help.  I think he's made the best choice in continuing to ship.  This understanding does not make everything ok or me happy about it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing the best you can under circumstances is exactly what makes it ok. Of course you have the right to be unhappy about it, but that's how life works.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mikem91 said:

 

Since I got notice that my minis were shipped on 1/7, I've been a concerned.  Now, subsequent updates have said that the 1/7 shipping date is bogus.  But when/if things have shipped is still up in the air.   The communications has been irregular and generalized.  It's been this way for months.  I understand the challenges that he's facing and there's really no good way out of the mess he's in.  He can stop shipping to do some communications or he can stop communications and continue shipping or he can stop both and try to hire on more help.  I think he's made the best choice in continuing to ship.  This understanding does not make everything ok or me happy about it though.

 

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I can take long delays but chronically bad communication really crumples my shortbread. I already have my minis, so all I can say is, they really are worth the wait. Maybe not the frustration, but the figures are nicer in person than they looked in the pictures. I'm glad I backed. Just wish it could've gone smoother for everybody. He does seem to be trying to get everything shipped out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, izzylobo said:

 

ISTR that Kev lives a significant enough (by European standards*) distance away from the main Hasslefree facilities that it would be inconvenient for him to routinely make the trip, or something? 

 

Also, I'm not sure what his exact employment status with Hasslefree is - I'm pretty sure it is "most favored freelance sculptor" not an actual company employee who can be re-tasked when necessary, but I'm not certain. 

 

*"North Americans think a hundred years is a long time. Europeans think a hundred miles is a long distance."

 

True, but go down a weekend, and get the job done.  It is clear that Arty is suffering and it weighing on him.  Make it a weekend job, get some volunteers, or just say we don't care about timely.  I have my minis and got them fairly quickly, but watching this KS is sad.  Plus, I have an order that's just sitting there with an error, and I can't get them to take the time to respond.

 

Hasslefree feels like a dying company right now.

Edited by skippen
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took a long time of hassling them to get my non-KS order processed; didn't help that it was lost in shipping and they had to redo it. They had better communication than CMON on Black Friday (sometimes 30mins to respond, sometimes over a week or not at all until more pestering), but seemed way over their heads and rather incompetent. 

 

Sure hope they get their broccoli together for all you who are in the KS or waiting on other items. Also hope they get their broccoli together so that their minis can keep being available. They have good items, and it would suck for those to disappear due to their lameness. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasslefree is not even remotely a dying company. Ye gods, people. It's getting to be like KS comments in here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said feeling.  The amount of ineptitude is pretty staggering on the fulfillment side.  He needs help--end of story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes he does.. but he made the business decision to not go through the hiring process until after he gets the last ks images out the door - I don't live over there, but i got the feeling that hiring someone in the UK is a convoluted and time consuming process (which it probably is he in the US as well, I haven't managed anyone since i was in the army and that wasn't really hiring either) 

With luck, he's about done with ks fulfillment and can get back tothe business of selling and shipping minis again!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now if they would only answer my email about my order that has been sitting for a long while that I have a mistake on with shipping.  They have my money, and I am pretty sure it hasn't shipped.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news: I received my Hasslefree Kickstarter pledge today, box was a lot smaller than I expected. The figures are looking really good, and they even sent a couple extra ones that I had my eye on. Quality is exactly what i expected from Hasslefree.

 

The bad news: the Resin Master Jaguar Shaman Boudi was missing from the package. Already shot off an email to Arty, let's see how quickly he can respond.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s obvious that Dameon had the worst year due to the mouth surgery and the divorce but honestly the KS has not been handled well. 

its easy for me to sit here with all my rewards and say other people need to calm down, but as someone who is annoyed at other companies who haven’t shipped me rewards I know the frustration and hope everyone gets their stuff ASAP.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have empathy for Dameon and I'm not upset. But even I'm surprised it's taken this long. Though if he's has a couple weeks to pack, it can take 10-15 days to get to the US, so I'm still a week or two from even thinking about poking him about it.

I had been looking forward to maybe painting a mini from the haul, but that window closed and I won't be able to think about painting a mini until maybe August, so....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CashWiley said:

I have empathy for Dameon and I'm not upset. But even I'm surprised it's taken this long. Though if he's has a couple weeks to pack, it can take 10-15 days to get to the US, so I'm still a week or two from even thinking about poking him about it.

I had been looking forward to maybe painting a mini from the haul, but that window closed and I won't be able to think about painting a mini until maybe August, so....


That's where I am, friend. I backed at the very beginning and also added a store order back in November since I had been wanting some of their stuff for a while but I had always just assumed that shipping would be $$$. Turns out I only saved like $5 by combining it. So that's my fault. I did another store order 8 weeks ago, I was hoping since it was only 2 minis it wouldn't be affected by all this. S:

 

I completely forgot that he was shipping out until I saw a few friends posting their painted HF minis a month or so ago.

 

I also forgot there was a thread for this here. I try to avoid the KS area so I don't buy things... I think right now we just have Tablescapes Tiles, Bones 4, and this one.

I tend to just purchase and forget - I treat KSs like an extensive preorder. But I do wish he had been able to get some help. :< 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By pcktlnt
      The Return of Cleopatra - 28mm Egyptian Miniatures, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1267315341/the-return-of-cleopatra-28mm-egyptian-miniatures
       
      I see some stuff from @TaleSpinner!
    • By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFD014: Hatherly, a dwarf which I painted up as a part of the project "Jade Green and Seven Dwarfs," partial WIP to be found here.
       
      He has a very "Astérix the Gaul" feel to him. His face is almost all nose and moustache. He was another experiment in trying to paint with subdued, realistic colors.
       

       

       

       

    • By beefcake
      The second campaign for STL files for The Wizard's Tower is underway.
       
      This version includes a Bridge and much more.
      2 Stretch Goals down, and the third to break soon.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-expansion-sets-printable-stl-fil?ref=creator_nav
       
      Thanks.

    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      Whether you’re new to the Pathfinder® universe or you’re a seasoned veteran, Pathfinder: Kingmaker® is the CRPG you’ve been waiting for. 
      Here at Owlcat Games, we love and are inspired by classic isometric computer RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Fallout and Arcanum. Our dream is to rekindle the thrill of playing those games for the first time. Building your hero, exploring the unknown, getting to know your companions, experiencing the adrenaline rush of your first battle (and your last), delving into mysterious dungeons, and—most importantly—seeing your protagonist and your world change through your actions.
        We've always been big fans of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game® from Paizo, Inc®, so we thought: How cool would it be to do this in the beloved Pathfinder setting? Paizo agreed, and with your support, we hope to bring a brand-new fantasy saga to life.
       
       
       
       
      I do not have good experiences backing computer games on Kickstarter ... and Pathfinder does not have a good history with computer games. Still, I'm willing to back this. I like the Pathfinder system, the setting, the Adventure Path ... I think they are doing the right thing here (combat is real-time pause, party based, lots of companions and as a whole they are inspired by Baldur's Gate, Torment , etc. - well, who isn't? And they've got Chris Avellone as "narrative designer").
       
       
       
    • By Sae
      Deep Madness is a scenerio based game with a limited number of turns to complete your objective(s) before the horrors overrun the world.
       
      The miniatures range from 33-60mm with a good amount of detail.
       
      The tiles are double sided with a normal and corrupted version of the same room.
       
      Deep Madness is live.
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×