Smokestack

Hasslefree Miniatures kickstarter

I honestly am not overly concerned, as I have such a back log of figures I'm in the middle of painting that I probably wouldn't get around to starting one till later this year antway.

• Like 2

Dameon popped up on KS comments to say he thinks he should be done shipping soon, possibly Wednesday. He did address some of the KS commenters, almost all of which have shipped already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw that post.  I'm hopeful he completes shipping Wednesday.  I'll look for my tracking Friday and Monday.  After that, I'll probably politely ramp up the "where's my stuff" lines of inquiry.

Daemon is reported to be unwell again. There almost seems to be a curse on the fulfilment of this kickstarter. My deepest sympathy goes to people still waiting for delivery of their figures.

• Sad 1

Still waiting here as well. But I'm fine as long as they show up eventually.

• Like 2

whoo!  got a tracking number (shipped 1/15).

9am 5/16 was on a plane to O'Hare.  Currently getting sorted by USPS.

OB: Tracking number is in backerkit, number view confirmation under the heading "Special Notes"

Edited by mikem91

It has been six weeks since my package was marked as shipped in Backerkit, but still nothing.  Unless someone in customs decided to keep it, we're getting into the "lost in the mail" time-frame.

Dameon has explained the reason things got listed as Shipped in Backerkit so many times now.

Yup.  And I feel sorry for the guy with everything that I've heard has happened.  Doesn't change the fact I don't have my minis.  Also doesn't change the fact that I won't be making another Hasslefree order anytime soon.

EDIT: I was patient until he sent me the notice that my order was ready to ship.  That got my expectations up.  If it wasn't ready to ship he should have held off.

• Like 1

I don't disagree that this KS has been pretty chaotic, just pointing out the specific thing you mentioned had been addressed many times :)

When they announced they were going to KS, I was puzzled because it seems HF was a strong company with no need for the chaos KS tends to bring. And lo....

I will still be placing a HUGE order when the new resins come in. Kev has been absolutely slaying it while all this has been going on. There's at least a half dozen to a dozen top shelf sculpts just waiting for this to be over (and it purportedly is).

I just hope they stay away from KS and stick to business as usual, I love their business model (resin master/resin/metal).

PS: I have no idea what's going on with my order, backerkit says shipped (of course) and I also got the email months ago...but I won't bother sending an email until at least 3-4 weeks from now (making the assumption I'm the last to ship + the usual 10-12 day shipping + customs delays). So take into account when I'm being all optimistic that I'm also in the boat of having no idea what's up with my order. I'm just not worried because Dameon has built up years of trust with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CashWiley said:

When they announced they were going to KS, I was puzzled because it seems HF was a strong company with no need for the chaos KS tends to bring. And lo....

I will still be placing a HUGE order when the new resins come in. Kev has been absolutely slaying it while all this has been going on. There's at least a half dozen to a dozen top shelf sculpts just waiting for this to be over (and it purportedly is).

I just hope they stay away from KS and stick to business as usual, I love their business model (resin master/resin/metal).

Agree with this completely. It was deeply frustrating to wait a whole year for such excellent models as Mother Morrigan to be available in metal. And Kev's Facebook page has been showing amazing sculpts ready to go that I don't suppose will be available before 2019. 

It's amusingly poetic that my shipment has driven past me twice and has yet to be delivered by USPS.

So far:

London (RP) > Chicago (USPS) > Detroit > Cleveland > Akron > Cleveland

Maybe the next sorter will remember Strongsville is served by the Cleveland distro center. :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1