Kuro Cleanbrush

Solomina Kane (Bombshell Babes: 10013 - Mira the Inquisitor)

That is AMAZING!

Not only a fantastic paint job but an an awesome story being told in the diorama as well.

Someone needs to add an "I'm not worthy!" emoticon to this forum!

• Like 2

The position of the gun against the skellie's head and its open-mouthed expression are perfect, lol... ::D:  That moment when you've just discovered someone's jammed a really big gun up against your head...

Although, it may just be the lighting in the pic, but in the back view it kind of looks like she's not wearing any pants...

• Like 2

She's amazing and beautiful!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

*** On behalf of the Living Impaired I would like to press charges against this hateful individual.*****

*** This woman seems to attack any of them on sight, just because of their condition!***

*** It is not their fault!, they're Undead, a condition everyone of us could be suffering from at a given time***

*** I would like to know what cause of action will be taken against this spiteful individual who keeps harassing the poor undead***

• Like 3

"I warn you. I rarely miss at this range." Peter Lorre. That's what passed through my mind immediately after the "Oh my, but that is BEAUTIFUL!". The narrative composition,  brushwork, & basing are WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVE SPLENDIDLY executed. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

• Like 2

beautiful!

My only thought is that she looks out of place on the base because her colors are not echoed anywhere else.  What are your thoughts about working some of her browns into the ground and the tree stump?  i think that would do it.  otherwise, it seems like she's Dorothy in a nearly monochrome skellie land (which is cool, btw.) But I'm wondering if she wouldn't fit better with some hints of color around her (other than the cool green, which helps a bunch for contrast!)  At any rate, that's my only idea.

• Like 4

beautiful!

My only thought is that she looks out of place on the base because her colors are not echoed anywhere else.  What are your thoughts about working some of her browns into the ground and the tree stump?  i think that would do it.  otherwise, it seems like she's Dorothy in a nearly monochrome skellie land (which is cool, btw.) But I'm wondering if she wouldn't fit better with some hints of color around her (other than the cool green, which helps a bunch for contrast!)  At any rate, that's my only idea.

You hit the nail on the head for this. I was thinking the same thing, it's a gorgeous piece, but not very cohesive.

I'd even recommend a light brown wash on the skeletons to "dirty" them up a bit as they are coming out of the ground. They could be yellowed bones this way and REALLY tie the whole piece together.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

First of all, thank you so much to all of you for your super kind words!!!  ::):

The position of the gun against the skellie's head and its open-mouthed expression are perfect, lol... ::D:  That moment when you've just discovered someone's jammed a really big gun up against your head...

Although, it may just be the lighting in the pic, but in the back view it kind of looks like she's not wearing any pants...

lol, in that case, she might want to wear some sunscreen 'cause those are some seriously burned cheeks!

She's amazing and beautiful!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

*** On behalf of the Living Impaired I would like to press charges against this hateful individual.*****

*** This woman seems to attack any of them on sight, just because of their condition!***

*** It is not their fault!, they're Undead, a condition everyone of us could be suffering from at a given time***

*** I would like to know what cause of action will be taken against this spiteful individual who keeps harassing the poor undead***

:;):  Wight lives matter, huh?  :;):

beautiful!

beautiful!

You hit the nail on the head for this. I was thinking the same thing, it's a gorgeous piece, but not very cohesive.

I'd even recommend a light brown wash on the skeletons to "dirty" them up a bit as they are coming out of the ground. They could be yellowed bones this way and REALLY tie the whole piece together.

These are very valid points and caused me serious pause partway through the mini.  I attempted to address them by changing the rim of the base from pure black to Brown Liner, and that helped ever so slightly but not fully.  However, in the end, I think that I'm going to leave things as is for two reasons:

The artsy reason:  I do kind of like the contrast between the warm tones of the fiery heroine and the cool undead.

The lazy reason:  I reach a point with every mini where I'm done and ready to move on, and I've definitely hit that point with this one!

In the end, my laziness is probably the driving factor, but I want to learn from that astute critique and be more cohesive next time, so I thank you both! 

• Like 9