ub3r_n3rd

Funded
Stonehaven's Giants

144 posts in this topic

I saw that Stonehaven just launched another kickstarter!

Stonehaven's Giants

Huge Humanoids and Creatures for your adventurers to encounter and to bulk out your RPG dungeon or tabletop wargame armies!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
9 people like this

About this project

Maybe it was some sort of bureaucratic oversight on the part of the divine penitentiary system? Maybe the waning health and advanced age of the Giant's High King caused his children to begin their machinations to seize his power? Perhaps they were awakened by the coming of an even greater threat? Whatever the reason, the Giants have returned! 

Ever since we made our second Troll back in 2013 I've wanted to do a project that is all huge-sized characters. I've daydreamed for years about the kinds of shenanigans that a party of trolls, giants, and ents would get up to: What would their motivations be? Who would dare take on a balanced party of huge-class creatures? What kind of force for good (or evil) could they become?

This project is our chance to find out! We're going to make a bunch of giants and stuff so we (...and um you too I guess) can create a ton of awesome epic encounters and adventures!

In addition to making new huge-sized creatures, we'll also be offering our previously made huge-sized miniatures. You'll be able to get all of these oldies through this project (or on our website during this campaign while supplies last) for their original kickstarter prices! You'll also be able to get a 20% discount on everything else in our store during this kickstarter campaign by entering the coupon code GIANTKICK during the campaign!

d67c4601bed3e3654e656db5287b27e7_origina

We've already created 7 Huge Adventurers through our previous projects, and we are planning to make even more through this project, some of which Mike has already begun sculpting!

60be4a9c8b953bc0fbbf28525ee2d470_origina

They are, for the most part, trolls, full of personality and charm, but not all huge creatures are so friendly. The ancient race of giants is one of majesty and might. For centuries beyond counting, they have ruled the mountaintops, aloof and apart from the petty races that squabble below. The more majestic of these giants are proportionally closer to humans, but are still much bigger than your average 28mm figure! They will be the same 65mm to the eyes that the trolls have been.

e8715be990e59909122b046fef523833_origina

The huge-sized miniatures above will all be produced by this Kickstarter if we meet the base goal, cast in urethane resin, and will be available as choices for any of the reward levels that include giants.

7a2bb5c7faa75b2eadc607d92e6622f1_origina

Such large creatures obviously need someone to serve them! As we hit stretch goals, much (much) smaller miniatures will be included as companions to the Huge ones. As we unlock these goals, more will be announced!

eccd21a2053cd09dfd892c6bda133b14_origina

Le Flea is a sneaky little Thi-Keen with a taste for blood. When we hit $10,000 Le Flea (cast in lead-free pewter) will automatically accompany the Wolf Lord. So when you purchase the Wolf Lord, Le Flea is included. This miniature will measure approximately 13mm to the eyes.

e7219745bbe3919907f6a33bcc88f52d_origina

ec8816ea9805767d069e4642f84ed41d_origina

While this Crow is a small-class creature, it's bigger than most other crows. Like, it would be the size of an eagle. So it's a crow for giants I guess. To a giant, it is the size that a normal crow would be to a human (that's what I'm trying to say). When we hit $15,000 the Crow (cast in lead-free pewter) will automatically accompany the Frost Giant.

31c31d09a8d32d8850e33c82bc312092_origina

If we reach these goals, more stretch goals will be dreamed up, possibly based on your suggestions!

Thanks!

The Stonehaven Team

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
7 people like this

Their sculpting style is really interesting. I always enjoy seeing their stuff.

2 people like this

Yeah they have good stuff, very fun and quirky. Just another KS I can't back right now haha!

1 person likes this

Gah, so many figure KSes right now.  And ReaperCon around the corner!

2 people like this

Gah, so many figure KSes right now.  And ReaperCon around the corner!

RIGHT?????!

3 people like this

I'm in--a little confused by the tier structure though. Is there a new approach to early bird pricing? (If so, I like it! Worried that's just a typo, though.)

I'm in--a little confused by the tier structure though. Is there a new approach to early bird pricing? (If so, I like it! Worried that's just a typo, though.)

Looks like they are giving a very limited amount of 10 giants for the prices of 7 giants as an earlybird. I wouldn't complain either!

1 person likes this

I went in for two, it was the ability to grab one of the previous sculpts that caught my attention. I will probably go for two of these three: Troll Mage, Frost Giant, or Cloud Giant. I have always like the look of the Troll Mage and I really like the concepts for the Frost and Cloud Giants.

2 people like this

Looks like they are giving a very limited amount of 10 giants for the prices of 7 giants as an earlybird. I wouldn't complain either!

Yeah--I just don't want to screw them over if they meant to make that $120 or something.

1 person likes this

Yeah--I just don't want to screw them over if they meant to make that $120 or something.

It shows that it's an EB (with a very limited #) and then the next tier of 10 giants is clearly marked as "non early bird" with the price and an unlimited #. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

ooh giants. 

I like the elemental, oni, troll mage... 

but not worth a hundred+ for the set.. 

I will think about it. 

In for two...

($29 pledge)

Shipping to Norway is $15... Yeah, sucks.

Probably going for Cloud Giant (no surprise there... ) and the Wolf Lord.

1 person likes this

Bah, looked at the KS when it opened and didn't notice the one level was early bird and missed it.

Missed the early bird...

Their trolls remind me of art by Swedish artist Rolf Lidberg...

I have quite a few of his pics from my grandparents...

1 person likes this