ub3r_n3rd

Stonehaven's Giants

I saw that Stonehaven just launched another kickstarter!

Stonehaven's Giants

Huge Humanoids and Creatures for your adventurers to encounter and to bulk out your RPG dungeon or tabletop wargame armies!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 9

About this project

Maybe it was some sort of bureaucratic oversight on the part of the divine penitentiary system? Maybe the waning health and advanced age of the Giant's High King caused his children to begin their machinations to seize his power? Perhaps they were awakened by the coming of an even greater threat? Whatever the reason, the Giants have returned! 

Ever since we made our second Troll back in 2013 I've wanted to do a project that is all huge-sized characters. I've daydreamed for years about the kinds of shenanigans that a party of trolls, giants, and ents would get up to: What would their motivations be? Who would dare take on a balanced party of huge-class creatures? What kind of force for good (or evil) could they become?

This project is our chance to find out! We're going to make a bunch of giants and stuff so we (...and um you too I guess) can create a ton of awesome epic encounters and adventures!

In addition to making new huge-sized creatures, we'll also be offering our previously made huge-sized miniatures. You'll be able to get all of these oldies through this project (or on our website during this campaign while supplies last) for their original kickstarter prices! You'll also be able to get a 20% discount on everything else in our store during this kickstarter campaign by entering the coupon code GIANTKICK during the campaign!

d67c4601bed3e3654e656db5287b27e7_origina

We've already created 7 Huge Adventurers through our previous projects, and we are planning to make even more through this project, some of which Mike has already begun sculpting!

60be4a9c8b953bc0fbbf28525ee2d470_origina

They are, for the most part, trolls, full of personality and charm, but not all huge creatures are so friendly. The ancient race of giants is one of majesty and might. For centuries beyond counting, they have ruled the mountaintops, aloof and apart from the petty races that squabble below. The more majestic of these giants are proportionally closer to humans, but are still much bigger than your average 28mm figure! They will be the same 65mm to the eyes that the trolls have been.

e8715be990e59909122b046fef523833_origina

The huge-sized miniatures above will all be produced by this Kickstarter if we meet the base goal, cast in urethane resin, and will be available as choices for any of the reward levels that include giants.

7a2bb5c7faa75b2eadc607d92e6622f1_origina

Such large creatures obviously need someone to serve them! As we hit stretch goals, much (much) smaller miniatures will be included as companions to the Huge ones. As we unlock these goals, more will be announced!

eccd21a2053cd09dfd892c6bda133b14_origina

Le Flea is a sneaky little Thi-Keen with a taste for blood. When we hit $10,000 Le Flea (cast in lead-free pewter) will automatically accompany the Wolf Lord. So when you purchase the Wolf Lord, Le Flea is included. This miniature will measure approximately 13mm to the eyes.

e7219745bbe3919907f6a33bcc88f52d_origina

ec8816ea9805767d069e4642f84ed41d_origina

While this Crow is a small-class creature, it's bigger than most other crows. Like, it would be the size of an eagle. So it's a crow for giants I guess. To a giant, it is the size that a normal crow would be to a human (that's what I'm trying to say). When we hit $15,000 the Crow (cast in lead-free pewter) will automatically accompany the Frost Giant.

31c31d09a8d32d8850e33c82bc312092_origina

If we reach these goals, more stretch goals will be dreamed up, possibly based on your suggestions!

Thanks!

The Stonehaven Team

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7

I'm in--a little confused by the tier structure though. Is there a new approach to early bird pricing? (If so, I like it! Worried that's just a typo, though.)

Looks like they are giving a very limited amount of 10 giants for the prices of 7 giants as an earlybird. I wouldn't complain either!

• Like 1

I went in for two, it was the ability to grab one of the previous sculpts that caught my attention. I will probably go for two of these three: Troll Mage, Frost Giant, or Cloud Giant. I have always like the look of the Troll Mage and I really like the concepts for the Frost and Cloud Giants.

• Like 2

I'm in--a little confused by the tier structure though. Is there a new approach to early bird pricing? (If so, I like it! Worried that's just a typo, though.)

Looks like they are giving a very limited amount of 10 giants for the prices of 7 giants as an earlybird. I wouldn't complain either!

Yeah--I just don't want to screw them over if they meant to make that $120 or something.

• Like 1

Yeah--I just don't want to screw them over if they meant to make that $120 or something.

It shows that it's an EB (with a very limited #) and then the next tier of 10 giants is clearly marked as "non early bird" with the price and an unlimited #. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

Missed the early bird...

Their trolls remind me of art by Swedish artist Rolf Lidberg...

I have quite a few of his pics from my grandparents...

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Fi fie fo fum!  

Just in time for my "Storm King's Thunder" campaign to be long over, here come the Giants from Stonehaven Miniatures!

The Hill Giant Rustler:

The Sleepyhead:

Smile on, smilodon!

The Giant Barbarian.  I believe the intent was as a Hill Giant, but I have a ton of those.  His warpaint is  based on runes from "Storm King's Thunder"

The Cloud Giant:

The Storm Giant.  He's a great design, but he's rather small compared to the other Giants.  It was a debate on what color of Dragon to use for his armor:

The Fire Giant, who was probably my favorite to paint.  She's a nice, simple design but gets the point across.

The Treant:

The only small miniature that I painted so far, but still from the Stonehaven Giants Kickstarter so it counts: The Entling!

• By Smokestack
      New Kickstarter starting in November

Mythic Games aims at creating and developing high quality games, combining great mechanics massively play tested and demoed in public with spectacular visuals and miniatures designed by world renowned artists.
      Monolith (click) instantly became a reference in the world of high quality miniatures board games with Conan, which raised over $3.3 million on Kickstarter.
      Monolith and Mythic Games joined forces to co-publish Mythic Battles: Pantheon, which will soon hit Kickstarter

Looks like you control a God (giant sized) and its faction (human sized).

Minis look nice

Live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-pantheon?ref=user_menu
    • By Aard_Rinn
      So, one of my personal mini projects atm is working on some of the NPCs my players in my homebrew campaign are encountering.  And one of my favorite groups in that world are the Hunts - a loose-bound organization of groups (each called a Hunt) of fighters/mercenaries/warriors, each with their own specialty, who dedicated themselves to maintaining the roads and paths of Fidel during the millenia-long anarchy of the Mortal Wars.

Now, what makes the Hunts distinctive from any other mercenary bands? Well, they ride BADASS FLYING MOUNTS.

Gryphons, for the most part, although one or two specialize in pegasi, and a few ride more esoteric things... 

Four NPCs intimately intertwined with the group are members of the Red Hunt - a sort of catch-all for powerful, destructive mages. Faukner, her apprentices Formel and Tiercel, and her wife, Charr. 

So, I've had the Stonehaven Half-Dragon Duelist for ages. It's one of my favorite dragonborn minis, and I decided it'd be perfect for the swashbuckling Charr... It's a great mini, neat and clean with tons of personality.

To give you an idea of who Charr is...

Anyways, I've decided to do a WIP of this set of minis, starting with Charr's two forms. This is the thread for her humanoid form, obviously - I'm painting up the Temple Dragon for her dragonness form, and I'll try to do a WIP for that, too.

So!

I started off nice and simple - hit the face with some red, and decided on a blue-and-white scheme for the cloths. I'm trying to bring out some of the swashbuckler in this mini, so I like the naval colors. That said, I could use ideas for the cravat.

Ordinarily, I'd paint my dragonborn's hair simularly to her scales and try to ignore it, but gonna go with dark for these dreads. They're sweet as hell. Wish DSM would give us a KS for these.

And there's the face, pretty much finished, TBH! I washed it with Games Workshop's purple wash, pretty heavily so it'd sit well in the mouth and scale cracks, and then highlighted just with pure red. This is a proof-of-concept for the temple dragon, as well as a mini on it's own, and I'm pretty happy with it! Used Palimimo Gold for the eyes - something else that'll carry over!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      This is a campaign to fund the launch of a set of 28mm Shambling Mound models for RPG and tabletop games. I have sculpted two adult Shamblers and a young Shambler. Initially the two adults will be offered for the campaign.
      If we are able to hit the £1000 stretch goal for the campaign it will unlock the Young Shambler miniature.
      If unlocked this figure will be added FREE to all backers.
      This is a World Wide campaign with the postage as follows:
      United Kingdom 4GBP, Europe 5GBP and Rest of the World 6GBP.
      Campaign Rewards.
      There are 3 reward levels.
      Supporter. If you would like to back the campaign without receiving any of the rewards you can use this pledge level.
      Lone Shambler! Choose this pledge if you would like one of the two Shambling Mould models. Choose from either SM 1: Shambler Walking or SM 2: Shambler Attacking.
      Double Trouble! Choose this pledge level if you would like both SM 1 and SM 2 Shambling Mound sculpts.
      The Models.
      The Shambling Mound models will be cast in high quality grey resin. They have been designed to fit on either a 40mm square or round base.

SM 2: Shambler Attacking is a two part model and will need assembly. Use superglue to attach seperate arm.
      Stretch goal!
      We start the campaign with this initial stretch goal to aim for. If we get to the goal of £1000 the the Young Shambler will be unlocked and added FREE to all pledges. Additional Young Shambler models can be added for £2.

• By Beagle
      Who Are we?
      Antediluvian Miniatures are new company producing an ever expanding range of 28mm miniatures for the war gamer, collector and role player. You can see our existing miniatures at www.antediluvianminiatures.com
      The Plan.
      We would like to add to our ever expanding range of unique and unusual figures by producing this range of Medieval Devils and Demons inspired by the freakish illustrated manuscripts of the medieval period! 
      These figures are sculpted by Andrew May ( Demons ), Ian Mountain ( Witch ), and Jo Brumby ( Terrence the Goat ). We think these will be great fun and an unusual addition for fantasy wargames, skirmish and role playing games. There are all 28mm scale, cast in metal- they will come with plastic bases supplied.

If the campaign goes well we have some extra characters and a potential terrain feature we'll add in as stretch goals and freebies.

More details of the pledges and locked figures are below.
      What do you get. 
      all the are figures metal cast and supplied with bases. Figures are 28mm scale.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)