Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Darksword Tiefling Bust

I love the bright colors!  Her expression is soooo awesome!

It is hard to push through on the larger pieces and I find my stamina isn't always there.  I find working on other smaller projects and then coming back to it helps sometimes. Keep it up!

• Like 5

She's great!!!!

And I disagree, you DO have the skill..

I paint busts and always paint something smaller at the same time.

That way you can alternate.

Like Corporea said.

Very cool eyes!!!

• Like 2

Not sure if you were just kidding, but yes, there is a mini for this from Darksword.

Edit: Messed up the quotes, so removed them instead.

Edited by Citrine
  • Like 1

I really like the bright colors. As for (hopefully) constructive critisism my (vastly) uneducated guess is that a darker skin tone would have enhanced the contrast with the colorful clothing and made the bust pop abit more. 

• Like 2

LOVELY! She is exotic & more than a little sinister...BEAUTIFUL brushwork & an INSPIRED choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Well you've definately done well on this one.  I love your color choice for the skin.  I've yet to try anything that big.  Larges peice I've done is the Phoenix (and I'm sill working on it).

• Like 2

Not sure if you were just kidding, but yes, there is a mini for this from Darksword.

They do?  Like a teifling all formally dressed and stuff?

​Thus...the hunt begins...

• Like 2

"Don't think she looks too bad, but I'm not sure if I'll get any more busts in the future though, I don't really have the patience or skill to paint this larger scale stuff."

That was sarcasm... right?

You are supposed to use PURPLE for sarcasm so the rest of us know although in this case it is obvious as the SKILL level is very high as represented by the results.

I love it and the photos with the the shadows actually work.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone!

I dunno though, to me she still looks very flat and rushed, despite all the work that went into it.

I might tackle another bust in the future, it would depend on finding another one that really inspires me, like this did.

Yep, there is a mini version of her, she's sitting on a stool though.

• Like 2

I love ::wub:: the colors you've painted her in! she looks great IMHO. I agree with the others, you might just need to alternate between larger and smaller models so as to not get discouraged.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!

I dunno though, to me she still looks very flat and rushed, despite all the work that went into it.

I might tackle another bust in the future, it would depend on finding another one that really inspires me, like this did.

Yep, there is a mini version of her, she's sitting on a stool though.

Yea...that was kind of a let down....cool for décor but not gaming....unless I put wheels on it....hmmmm

• Like 1

I like her very much!  As others have said, some darker, deeper skin shading would have made the other bits stand out more.  I think you did a particularly good job on the fabric.  I have yet to try a bust, so I commend you for giving it a go.

• Like 1