Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

A Pair of Space Knights WIP

With my Goblin Launcher thread stalled for now, I thought I'd start another one.

We're still in the Grim Darkness of the future though.

QbRUXZg.jpg

These are two of my Space Marines from the Deathwatch: Overkill set. I'm still re-imaginging them as Space Knights though, so I don't have to deal with official colour schemes and other related nonsense. These two are now The Knight of Wolves (Mohawk Guy) and The Knight of Remembrance (Bald Guy).

Made a start on their heads this morning:-

sndpNUd.jpg

Bald Guy has a basecoat of 1:1 Vallejo Dwarf Flesh/Vallejo Wolf Grey and a Fleshshade Wash.

BkinY3x.jpg

Mohawk Guy has a basecoat of 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Vallejo Rosy Flesh and a Fleshshade Wash.

• Like 9

Thanks guys!

Yeah, this was the kit that made me realize Space Marines were pretty cool minis (well the character ones are cool, still not too keen on the rank and file).

Only problem is I have a load of them on my wishlist now.

Progress:-

NtHlMA9.jpg

Bald guys head was finished off with highlights of 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Wolf Grey and 1:1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Wolf Grey/Vallejo Off-white.

Then he got Vallejo Bonewhite teeth, a Blood Red tube in his neck and Vallejo Oily Steel plus Black Wash mechanical bits (this bit got messy, my one big complaint about Space Marines is how inaccessible the back on their heads tends to be).

JbXdt58.jpg

Mohawk Guys head got highlights of 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Rosy Flesh and 1:1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Rosy Flesh/Off-white.

He also got the same teeth and metal colours as Bald Guy. Couldn't find a neck tube, instead he got a Vallejo Brassy Brass earring and Oiled Leather>Tanned Leather>1:1 Tanned Leather/Vallejo Gold Yellow>Sepia Wash mohawk plus mutton chops.

Gotta say, I know they're a bit out of fashion now but I am really starting to appreciate heroic scaled minis. My hands were shaking really badly today, but getting these heads finished was easy peasy.

• Like 4

So a Killteam can have members from different chapters and you will make up your own colourscheme?

That's good, good....***fold paws***

• Like 2

So a Killteam can have members from different chapters and you will make up your own colourscheme?

That's good, good....***fold paws***

I'm just not too fond of the official black and silver Deathwatch look.

Plus the Overkill set really dialled up the individualized look of each dude, so, eventually, each of my guys will have their own colourscheme (Bald Guy is going to be purple with a bronze trim and Mohawk Guy will be dark grey/dark red with a copper trim) tied together with a bone-coloured left arm. They should look very colourful when the whole gang is finished.

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice colourscheme for both...so the Bald Guy will succumb to Slaanesh and the mohawk guy to Khorne?

• Like 2

My dudes are too awesome to fall to Chaos!

Progress:-

JSSSJrq.jpg

Got their bone-coloured left arms done (Oiled Leather>Tanned Leather>1:1 Tanned Leather/Vallejo Bonewhite>1:1:1 Tanned Leather/Bonewhite/Off-white>Sepia Wash), with the decorations picked out in Vallejo Polished Gold.

• Like 3

Thanks guys!

Made a start on their armour:-

7tBOyj7.jpgLqSFCZX.jpg

Bald Guys has a basecoat of Vallejo Hexed Lichen with a Black Wash, with a Vallejo Bronze trim, some Vallejo Brassy Brass decorations and Vallejo Cold Grey joints.

IR47fXP.jpg30y0xyQ.jpg

Mohawk Guys has a basecoat of 1:1 Cold Grey/Pure Black with a Black Wash, some of decoration and trim is Vallejo Scarlet Red and the rest is Vallejo Hammered Copper. Finally the joints are Vallejo Royal Blue.

That's it for today. I have a new chair now that's a lot higher than my old one, and I'm getting one hell of a headache leaning over my painting table.

• Like 5

Bit of an update for anyone following this.

Still working on them, but I've had to change the bulb in my desk lamp for a much softer one (that's why I've been getting terrible headaches when I paint, my new chair puts me at eye-level with my lamp and I'd basically been cooking my eyeballs).

On the plus side no more headaches, but it's now impossible to take quickie, at the desk photos, so I'm dropping out of the WIP business.

I'll still be putting things up in Show-off though, so I'll see you there when these guys are done.

• Like 3