Dark Sword’s Female Wood Elf Warrior, DSM7419, painted by SGHawkins09:

77299 Bones Female Antipaladin, by Darcstaar:

Reaper 02796, Ilsa Darkstep, Thief, by ub3r_n3rd:

Reaper 77384: Arathanel Elf Ranger, by Pochi:

Corporea’s magnificent Mother of Dragons bust from Nuts Planet:

• Like 1

Sophie was taken paints Valloa, elf thief:

• Like 1

Is it wrong that I want to give this guy pointy ears and paint him as a Drow?

02044_G.jpg

I have ever since I saw him in the minis case.

I REALLY don't like Drizz't or however it's spelled. This is worse than an EVIL brother, this is the REALLY embarrassing brother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Is it wrong that I want to give this guy pointy ears and paint him as a Drow?

02044_G.jpg

I have ever since I saw him in the minis case.

I REALLY don't like Drizz't or however it's spelled. This is worse than an EVIL brother, this is the REALLY embarrassing brother.

I got that figure as a stand in for Sleazy Bugger - the relative Bilbo didn't invite to the party. ::P:

The Auld Grump - I was way too young when I read Bored of the Rings, by the Harvard Lampoon...

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Meet Pollux! And his pseudo-dragon Nestor! Privateer turned Merc, and part of the Red Cloaks. Also: plays with fire.

89014: Seltyiel, Iconic Magus - BONES. Can you say 'fiddly bits'? This guy is packed to the gills with fiddly bits to paint. Yup, that much detail on a BONES miniature.

Painted in Autumn palette with NMM, OSL, and Texture. Really dig this miniature and how much character that was packed into 28mm. Another Klocke sculpt! That guys is brililant. Or insane. Or insanely brilliant. Either way, I like it.

• By Cyradis
      For the converters, a demonstration of making an extremely sharp knife (for use by a lego person) from an oyster shell. This guy makes knives out of everything, including tomatoes. Yes, tomatoes. This one just happens to be minis-sized. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FyIS0k_ozQ&fbclid=IwAR1bu6ZMNjptwzs0hBydi9fSVStA3O2OmBm3CkQ003w0vvUdaZ7hgdRGYn0 
    • By Pingo
      Well, now.

This is a bit of an unusual project. Earlier this year @malefactus kindly sent me some unpainted miniatures that he thought I could get some use out of. Among them was an already based and primed copy of Reaper's 14016, Judas Bloodspire, Necropolis Warlord, sculpted by the legendary Werner Klocke.

I had already painted a quickie version the Bones version of the sculpt, 77160: Judas Bloodspire, Vampire and had discovered how fun the sculpt was, so I was pleased to have another to paint, especially since it was mounted on one of malefactus' inimitable bases.

I am not entirely sure how malefactus put this together. The central cylinder and the base seem to be wood. He sculpted pavement on the upper base and added something like moss and his signature mushrooms and primed the whole thing in black with white brushed over it.

In transit the cape (whose attachment is always a delicate piece of this figure) had come loose, so I cleaned the glue off it and set it aside to paint separately and rejoin later.

While playing around with how to attach the cape I discovered a different angle of attachment from the standard pose which appears to be more stable, and which I plan to try. More details on that later, or you can check out the link.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

Here the figure is almost as malefactus sent it to me. I have set aside his cape and already put a light wash of green on the mossy bits. This was a simple transparent mix of Phthalocyanine Green and Burnt Sienna, my go-to mix for foliage. It's completely transparent and acts like a watercolor wash.

I layered on several coats of varying mixes of the two pigments, sometimes adding a little Ultramarine Blue, also a transparent color, or Hansa Yellow Opaque, which despite its name is only semi-translucent. This lets all of malefactus' shading show through.

I like to paint skin and especially faces before the rest of the figure. I've been painting up my vampire figures with completely colorless skin mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black, so I did that here. The metal figure has much more delicate details than the Bones. The fangs are a mix of Titanium White and Yellow Ochre and the lips and eyes are pure Red Oxide and Hansa Yellow Opaque with Carbon Black.

For a color scheme I decided on a contrast to my Bones Judas Bloodspire, who had white hair, a red cloak, blue drapery and a rather misunderstood outfit (I had painted him very quickly, only intending him for tabletop use. I fell in love with the sculpt as I painted.) This one will have a dark blueish or purple cape (still thinking about that), a red greatcoat, and brown hair (maybe with some white streaks. I do like white streaks.).

I didn't take pix of the hair painting, but you can see the results in the cape-position testing pictures here. His hair was, I believe, underlaid in a medium brown mixed from Burnt Sienna with a little Ultramarine Blue and Yellow Ochre and Titanium White, then glazed with Burnt Umber and maybe some Burnt Sienna too. (Browns are complex!) No highlights yet. I also painted malefactus' paving stones with a cold grey mixed from Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and Titanium White, visible in some photos.

Next: Beginning the figure.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, this was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Paint Your Giant contest. 77178, Fire Giant Warrior, Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It is mounted on a 74027, Ruins Vignette Base, a resin base sculpted by Patrick Keith. This model is huge, 7cm high and 13cm wide with the sword. I did some minor conversion on it.   A heavy thundering sound come crushing down the ruined hall. You see orange and red lights dancing between the pillar supporting the stone roof. In the glimpse of a moment, all hell break loose as a dark skin colossus burst from the rubbles wielding a towering incandescent blade. He lands next to you smashing the large tiles of the floor. You are paralyzed in fear as he turns gazing in your direction with fire in his eyes. Desperate, you wonder if you've gone too far exploring this ancient Undermountain realm.                    
    • By Nightwing
      Here is the Drider from the Monsters set. I stuck to the suggested color scheme as well as I could. I got a little lazy toward the end. You can see I forgot to do any shading on the bowstring. 

The original hand and small crossbow were lost, but my friend had a nice replacement that I managed to cluge in there, though the wrist is at a fairly extreme, but not totally unbelievable, angle. 

I hope you enjoy.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)