Dark Sword’s Female Wood Elf Warrior, DSM7419, painted by SGHawkins09:

77299 Bones Female Antipaladin, by Darcstaar:

Reaper 02796, Ilsa Darkstep, Thief, by ub3r_n3rd:

Reaper 77384: Arathanel Elf Ranger, by Pochi:

Corporea’s magnificent Mother of Dragons bust from Nuts Planet:

• Like 1

Sophie was taken paints Valloa, elf thief:

• Like 1

Is it wrong that I want to give this guy pointy ears and paint him as a Drow?

02044_G.jpg

I have ever since I saw him in the minis case.

I REALLY don't like Drizz't or however it's spelled. This is worse than an EVIL brother, this is the REALLY embarrassing brother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Is it wrong that I want to give this guy pointy ears and paint him as a Drow?

02044_G.jpg

I have ever since I saw him in the minis case.

I REALLY don't like Drizz't or however it's spelled. This is worse than an EVIL brother, this is the REALLY embarrassing brother.

I got that figure as a stand in for Sleazy Bugger - the relative Bilbo didn't invite to the party. ::P:

The Auld Grump - I was way too young when I read Bored of the Rings, by the Harvard Lampoon...

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      These are Reaper's 02830: Wolf Pack, sculpted by Geoff Valley. They are mounted on one-inch fender washers.

I painted them for versatility, which is why there is a variety of color and base types.

Detailed WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
    • By Pingo
      I started this figure to be a slightly overenthusiastic Russian bodyguard for Vampire: The Masquerade. When I finished her the GM said she would better serve as a character who is a Mage: The Ascension Void Engineer soldier, basically a space marine.

This was also a slight experiment in the sort of colorless blonde character with invisible eyebrows, except I gave her really heavy eye makeup. She isn't really wide-eyed, but her blue eyes are very pale, giving a staring effect.

According to Hasslefree's flavor text her two big guns are Heckler & Koch MP5Ks. A little Googling tells me that the MP5K is of German design, but also made in Iran and Turkey, and is "the ultimate close-quarters weapon, created for use in very confined spaces". From guns I know nothing, but okay.

There is no WIP thread, but comments and questions are welcome.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper 80026, the Bones version of "Agatha Fox, Spy", sculpted by Andrew Rae.

She is a modish young lady in a raincoat and knee boots, nonchalantly easing a gun out of the handbag behind her back. It looks like the original sculpt had a collar or necklace or something, but I didn't see it in the Bones version.

WIP thread here. Comments and critiques are welcome, as always.

• By Pingo
      This is a teeny-tiny old Ral Partha dwarf. I don't know the SKU. Ratmaster2000 identified him as 01-070b, Dwarf Seer w/ Crystal Ball. I suspect he was sculpted by Tom Meier, given the delicacy and the anatomical accuracy.

He is the first dwarf I have finished from the WIP thread Jade Green and Seven Dwarfs: 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess and a bunch of dwarfs as Exalted Jadeborn.

As ever, comments and critiques are welcome.

How small is he? This small:

• Who's Online   32 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)