Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Conquering The Lead Mountain

Conquering The Lead Mountain is less a contest, and more of a personal challenge. It's also a bookface group. 

What is it? A chance to focus on reducing that mountain of unpainted minis (they don't have to be lead). It runs occasionally in either 3 or 6 month periods. The current challenge just started...

The Rules:

THE 3 Month Challenge runs from 15Sept to 15Dec.

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.

1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.

2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.

3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.

4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #3MMRPC

5. Zombtober will be part of the 3 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.

Given that ReaperCon falls right in the middle of all this, there's no way I can stick to rule 1. But otherwise, I'm going to do my best...

• Like 5

ReaperCon kills this for me too, well, kinda. A friendly formate is going to pickup models for me and except for Sophie, I'm not sure which ones he's going to get. Additionally, we'd agreed to this months ago, so maybe I could treat it like a kickstarter?

Lol, I stand proudly atop the summit of my lead mountain! I plant my flag, and proclaim, "Let none dare to conquer these lofty peaks!"

I build it figure by figure and blister pack by blister pack, and it will stand as a monument to my folly for all eternity! :)

• Like 9

How does incoming KS rewards affect this?

It doesn't. They were bought before the challenge started. However, backing new kickstarters would count against it. 

Man, this looks like fun, but I'm right out unless you do another after ReaperCon :-(  Especially if Kickstarters backed in the last week count against.  Also, this is SO not a fair contest for Figmentius!  :;):

• Like 4

Rule 1 states no purchasing. I believe that you can circumvent that by either going with just the VIP perks at ReaperCon (good luck with that, Hanger 18 will be there afterall) or by trading. I think trading could be construed to include trading green colored paper for miniatures at a rate agreed to by the individuals involved.

• Like 5

"I'm not buying it. You're CHOOSING to give me this product with no expectations, and I'm deciding to be a fair person and CHOOSING to give you this green item." :p I've heard that's how how brewers sometimes do it

• Like 2