Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Conquering The Lead Mountain

Though I appreciate Heisler's lawyer-like input, I'm certain that attending ReaperCon would cause me to fail #1, even using the loosest of interpretations.  ::P:

BTW, not posting this to bash on David, I actually think it's a great plan.  Not everybody can go, not everybody who goes has a rabid mini expenditure problem is a perfectly normal member of House Figmentius.  Also I really do hope there's another one later.

• Like 4

Well, you could always start the challenge with the specific caveat that ReaperCon is excluded from the rules, along with any Kickstarter that comes up.

I mean, really, it's not as if Sophie will steal your soul and favorite brush if you fail this quest. Go into it planning to fail and you'll succeed.

• Like 1

I looked at those rules and realized that whatever my alignment is, it does not include Lawful. :down:

• Like 5

I've participated in a few of the previous "challenges" and they helped. Especially the post about it weekly part. But yeah, with ReaperCon, I'll have to wait till the next challenge, or just put it on pause during that period. 

Lol, I stand proudly atop the summit of my lead mountain! I plant my flag, and proclaim, "Let none dare to conquer these lofty peaks!"

I build it figure by figure and blister pack by blister pack, and it will stand as a monument to my folly for all eternity! :)

I like the cut of your jib.

• Like 2

Lol, I stand proudly atop the summit of my lead mountain! I plant my flag, and proclaim, "Let none dare to conquer these lofty peaks!"

I build it figure by figure and blister pack by blister pack, and it will stand as a monument to my folly for all eternity! :)

I like the cut of your jib.

Thanks, Chaoswolf.   :B):

• Like 1

I think I can do this even though I am going to ReaperCon next month. I don't think miniatures from the metal trade in should count. You are giving figures up to get figures, so it is kind of a zero sum game. The figures that they give out are all ready paid for. So it won't be like I am buying them.

• Like 2

I think I can do this even though I am going to ReaperCon next month. I don't think miniatures from the metal trade in should count. You are giving figures up to get figures, so it is kind of a zero sum game. The figures that they give out are all ready paid for. So it won't be like I am buying them.

I would agree. Metal trades shouldn't count.

• Like 1

Paul Ward from Matakishi's Tea House used to keep a log of figures he acquired and figures he painted. Does anyone have a good inventory of their collections?

buckyball

• Like 1

I don't inventory my Bones minis very strictly.  Other than a few of the special ones, they are in a 10 drawer organize loosely organized by what they are, like the female PC types are together, the males, the demonics, all the undead etc.  Nor do I inventory the non-Reaper since it's a much smaller portion of my collection.  However, I do have a full listing of metal Reaper minis including the name, stock number, and what series they're from.  It's currently hand-written but I'm going to type it up at some point.

• Like 1

I have an Access database with all my minis in it, I am a nerd, I admit it!. There is no way I could succeed at this challenge, since I aquire more minis than I paint, even in the months I paint like crazy.

• Like 2

I keep illustrated files of all my painted minis.

My unpainted minis are sorted by various ways that make sense to me (Animals; Bones Baddies (Humanoid, Medium Size); Terrain; Dark Elves; Sixteenth Century Humans; Doctor Who Baddies -- things like that), in labeled bags and boxes.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a good inventory of their collections?

My Dark Heaven collection is fully inventoried.  The other stuff, not so much . . .

The Egg

• Like 1