Sign in to follow this  
vulture

Oni no Jimen, greater and lesser (Clan War, Crucible)

Oooh, they look spectacular! That is some perfectly painted lava. I just recently kind of got into Rokugan as well, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of this project.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifOni no Jimen.JPG

attachicon.gifOni no Jimen and minions.JPG

Hia crew,

I have had a longtime interest in the fantasy setting of Rokugan, and several years ago I began collecting and painting any minis I could that would populate that world on my game-table. I have hundreds (cough, thousands, cough) of minis from multiple MFGs that need to be painted for this project. these guys were completed a while ago, but serve as an excellent introduction to the horrors of Rokugan.

The big guy is the proper "Elemental terror of earth"  from the AEG Clan War game that takes place in Rokugan and I painted him almost exactly as portrayed in the box art. the little guys are lava elementals from Ral Partha's "Crucible" line. They come in two poses but were easily modded for more variety.

I thought the models went very well together and would make an excellent encounter with minions and a boss. Since they are basically Lava elementals they are pretty cross purpose and mix well with other similar critters (such as smoke and fire elementals, for a volcanic adventure).

Anyhow, they are very simple and speedy paint jobs but I immensely enjoy their cohesiveness. I have been chugging full steam on my Rokugan minis while on vacation, so Ill follow this post with some of my more recently completed minis for this setting.

Since Long threads of show-offs are  frowned upon Im not really sure how to present all of the minis in a way where I can highlight that they are all related and part of the same project. no biggie, though.

You can make a WIP for the entire project.

Look at my sig...Lost World..every thing get's his own Show Off, but the entire project and the progress is in the WIP.

That being said..Those are Wonderful!!!

Very good job!

• Like 2

Look at my sig...Lost World..every thing get's his own Show Off, but the entire project and the progress is in the WIP.

Very good job!

hmmm... that is an interesting thought. Im not much for showing actual WIPs, though. my painting style is a bit haphazard so things tend to look really bad right up to the point where they don't.  still, I need to do something.

Good suggestion.

• Like 1

Very good job!

hmmm... that is an interesting thought. Im not much for showing actual WIPs, though. my painting style is a bit haphazard so things tend to look really bad right up to the point where they don't.  still, I need to do something.

Good suggestion.

Hmmm Take a look at my WIPs stuff doesn't look that good until it reaches a certain stage...that's normal.

• Like 1

Looking good! Rokugan, that's the Legend of the Five Rings RPG setting, right (and as I understand it a old DnD setting)? I'm secretly harboring a urge to play a campaign in that setting.

• Like 1

Looking good! Rokugan, that's the Legend of the Five Rings RPG setting, right (and as I understand it a old DnD setting)? I'm secretly harboring a urge to play a campaign in that setting.

It is. I have several of the splat books from 3e and they are quite good. As I understand it FFG has acquired the IP and will start releasing new stuff in 2017.

So cool! Might be simple and speedy but it sure is effective.

Maybe you could have a "Rokugan" tag for all of the show off threads? Then you can mention in the post for each one that we can see more of them by searching for the Rokugan tag.