TheAuldGrump

Mordheim....

Much like the way my planned Mordheim campaign turned into GorkaMorka, somehow my planned Necromunda campaign has turned into Mordheim.

Starting work on terrain for the game tomorrow - my planned builds are an arena (for pit fights) and a two block rookery - the bad part of town before the comet hit.

A section of sewers may also be started soon.

*EDIT* The optional rules that will be in play -

OPTION A.

i. Page 35, "Fighting with two weapons". Add the line "Due to the difficulty in fighting with more than one weapon, any warrior attempting to do so
suffers a -1 penalty to hit with both weapons. A warrior using a pistol in hand-to-hand combat is exempt from this penalty."

ii. Page 122, New Combat Skill "Maniac Warrior: The Warrior is adept at fighting with a weapon in each hand. He may ignore the -1 to hit penalty
that such practice normally incurs."

Johann The Knife, Bertha Bestraufung and Veskit should all be granted the "Maniac Warrior" skill.

iii. Page 51, under Shield. Add the line. "In addition to this save, a warrior armed with a shield and a hand-weapon has a basic save of 5+ (or may add
+2 to his armour save if other armour is worn). Mounted models may not gain this benefit. Hand weapons are defined as hammers, staffs, maces, clubs,
axes, swords, morning stars and spears. Variants such as rapiers or Dwarf axes are also included.

Page 51, under Buckler. Add the line "In addition to this, a warrior armed with a buckler and a hand-weapon has a basic save of 6+ (or may add +1
to his armour save if other armour is worn).

iv. Page 50, under "Light Armour" add "In addition the warrior gains a 6+ save against Serious Injury during the post-battle phase. Treat a successful
save exactly as if the warrior had received the "Full Recovery" result. He may not explore, trade nor take part in any other post-battle activities".

v. Page 50, under "Heavy Armour" add "In addition the warrior gains a 5+ save against Serious Injury during the post-battle phase. Treat a successful
save exactly as if the warrior had received the "Full Recovery" result. He may not explore, trade nor take part in any other post-battle activities".

vi. Page 51, under "Ithilmar Armour" add "In addition the warrior gains a 5+ save against Serious Injury during the post-battle phase. Treat a
successful save exactly as if the warrior had received the "Full Recovery" result. He may not explore, trade nor take part in any other post-battle activities".

vii. Page 51, under "Gromril Armour" add "In addition the warrior gains a 4+ save against Serious Injury during the post-battle phase. Treat a
successful save exactly as if the warrior had received the "Full Recovery" result. He may not explore, trade nor take part in any other post-battle activities".

viii. MH Annual 2002, Page 16, under "Toughened Leathers", replace the entire Special Rules text with the line: " A warrior wearing toughened leathers gains a 6+ save against Serious Injury during the post-battle phase. Treat a successful save exactly as if the warrior had received the "Full Recovery" result. He may not explore, trade nor take part in any other post-battle activities. Toughened Leathers are classified as Armour and may be worn by Henchmen"

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

I don't know if we can convince Trang to play, even if we give her orcs.

She LOVED GorkMorka, but she also LOVED Fury Road.

So what is the plan on builds? Permanent, modular, or just scattered buildings?

Or a combo? We will NEVER talk Molly into building a whole lot.

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Eww! One of his streets has an open sewer running down the middle!

It's only PDF... but I will admit that I would likely model a gutter in the street anyway.

Gardy loos!

Cities used to stink!

The Auld Grump - as for cemeteries, look up the Cemetery of the Innocents in Paris...

Ld check or spend the next turn nauseated, being unable to charge or shoot, and getting -1 in hand to hand.

Alternately a check to see if they dodge or a Toughness check in place of Leadership.

Maybe a bonus for Skaven, Undead, and Nurgle cultists.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I have started working on an Ostlander warband - a tactically poor choice, and I am adding to its problems by getting an Ogre right off the bat. (160 points - tough, and powerful, but the same points can get you four warriors that are a more flexible choice.)

Partly because I want to paint an ogre with a floppy hat and a banjo....

02421_w_1.jpg

or

02117_G.jpg

And adding the hat and banjo.

Why a banjo?

I have no idea.

But ogres in the Ostlander warbands aren't just hirelings - they're part of the family.... ::P:

The Auld Grump - everybody in the warband will have a floppy hat....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

This guy, maybe, for the ogre later -

jx3fzgygwmjjb50svzce.jpg

The Auld Grump

YOU! Get in the pot!

That would make a great bad guy!

• Like 2

On 12/27/2017 at 6:04 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

The rules being used -  are the Mordheim 2.1 from YakTribe.

The only real change is the use of the optional rules I listed above. (With the armor save to avoid rolling on the Serious Injury table being the biggest by far.)

The Auld Grump

Oooh thanks for the link, Mordheim's been on my list of "things I really want to play soon!" for some time now

GW was actually very nice about letting people host the rules for both Mordheim and Necromunda - which helped keep the games alive long enough for Necromunda to come back.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

GW was actually very nice about letting people host the rules for both Mordheim and Necromunda - which helped keep the games alive long enough for Necromunda to come back.

The Auld Grump

wow cool I wondered about that tbh

I'm hoping, what with Necromunda coming back if maybe, just maybe, we'll see Mordheim as well. I'm not sure though because of AoS being its own thing & having its own games so to speak (Shadespire etc). But maybe. 

GW has stated that it is being planned - but it will very likely depend on how successful the new Necromunda is.

Which is part of the reason I am being so cranky about how limited the new Necromunda book and board game are - I really want Necromunda to be a success, but to me it looks like they shot themselves in the foot before starting the race.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1