I've been watching this on Facebook for months, and backed within 20 minutes of launch. Funding moved along quickly, which is exactly what I expected, given the interest on the Facebook page, and the high quality of the digital sculpts and artwork.  The stretchgoals are placed very close together, and while that's a lot of fun, I'm a little wary of it, especially from a new game developer that's never run a KS before.  Not sure if I'll get too deep into this one, but it's a real treat to see the new artwork and minis revealed as the campaign moves along.

I'm a little wary of it, especially from a new game developer that's never run a KS before.

Who is Diemension Games? They've named names for the artists and graphic designers, but haven't told us of the publishing experience of their staff members. 

I believe this is their first project. I could be mistaken, and that some may have experience prior to this new company.

Yeah, but I'd like to know what actual projects the staff members managed in their previous work experience. 

I had the same concerns with Monolith. Their home page at least mentioned Bombyx, and I tracked down one of the image uploaders to be a publisher of several retail games. 

The DM KS home page says this is the company's First Created project, and that's a yellow flag that needs further investigation. The worst case are creators who fail to fulfill KS projects and change their creator name, anything from starting a new company with the same staff (eg. Prodos to Archon), to another person's name on the project of the same team. The best case are creators with extensive publishing experience, and have the resources and dedication to start their own company. I am not finding enough information to have a good answer, at least one that will make me part with over a hundred dollars.

They're doing other weird things that make me raise my eyebrows.  Why pay an artist for a massive, intricate digital sculpt for an epic monster, then pay to have a mould cut, only to use it as a KS exclusive?  They're dangling too many exclusives in front of us.  Feels like they're trying to drive the total pledged number up without regard for what's fiscally responsible.

Maybe I'm just paranoid?  It feels too good to be true.

• Like 1

They're doing other weird things that make me raise my eyebrows.  Why pay an artist for a massive, intricate digital sculpt for an epic monster, then pay to have a mould cut, only to use it as a KS exclusive?  They're dangling too many exclusives in front of us.  Feels like they're trying to drive the total pledged number up without regard for what's fiscally responsible.

Maybe I'm just paranoid?  It feels too good to be true.

Most likely because they have seen other companies do it with great success. How many of Zombicide's characters were not Kickstarter "exclusives"?. For example, in Zombicide season 2 you had 12 non-exclusive characters (guest boxes only) and 28 Kickstarter Exclusive characters, and 0 non-exclusive, non-guest artist, characters. So I am not too surprised that they might attempt this strategy to attract people to pledge for more money.

Like it or not LE stuff does draw people to a KS (especially the sort who may be interested in buying multiples and selling them on which is just the sort of backer a big campaign like this wants)

Yes it's going to cost a bunch to sculpt and mould, but so would advertising, and by making something cool that will be talked about they're going to get much more press than if it was a smaller less impressive piece

• Like 1

Most likely because they have seen other companies do it with great success. How many of Zombicide's characters were not Kickstarter "exclusives"?. For example, in Zombicide season 2 you had 12 non-exclusive characters (guest boxes only) and 28 Kickstarter Exclusive characters, and 0 non-exclusive, non-guest artist, characters. So I am not too surprised that they might attempt this strategy to attract people to pledge for more money.

I never looked at any of the Zombicide campaigns.  My experience with miniatures kickstarters is pretty much limited to Reaper at this point, and Creature Caster.  I didn't realize that this was sort of the precedent for games kickstarters.

• Like 1

I feel like there's a lot of add-ons there at the start. At least CMoN spread them out over the length of the campaign.

The mini add-ons cost almost at much as the base pledge and that's without the dice, dice bags, card holders etc..

I'm still holding onto my EB for the moment.

Sammy reposted on BGG their answer about game experience.

have you guys worked on any other games before striking out on your own?

Any previous game design experience?

We haven't TBH. And we are learning from other experienced big companies, like CMON. We shared our creations with the extraordinary illustrators, sculptors, and designers all around the globe and received their enthusiastic feedback, and that is how Deep Madness is born. Now we have confirmed our manufacturer, Ludo Fact, they are great at miniature board game manufacture. 
The designer of Deep Madness is Roger Ho, who has designed tabletop games since 2013. Deep Madness might be the first published work of his. 
Although Diemension Games is a young company, we know what gamers want, because we are all gamers, backers, and dreamers. Please give us a chance to prove ourselves and make our dreams come true. 
Thank you for all your support!
Edited by ced1106

I... don't quite know what to make of that. Of course I am all for letting new companies kickstart, but... I don't see such a huge scale work if you've never published anything before... :/